PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500c / Eurovox Ultra

billiedog
14th April, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hello, can anyone help. I have a Eurovox Ultra which I think is the same as a dreambox 500c. I have tried to reflash it using a guide in the forum but all that it does is nothing. No picture no sound no response from the remote. The green light is on. Thats it.

Someone mentioned arom update. That has lost me. I have only had the box 3 weeks.

smirnoff_rules
14th April, 2008, 12:53 PM
when it was working wot did the screen say

it should take this image http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

C64
14th April, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hello, can anyone help. I have a Eurovox Ultra which I think is the same as a dreambox 500c. I have tried to reflash it using a guide in the forum but all that it does is nothing. No picture no sound no response from the remote. The green light is on. Thats it.

Someone mentioned arom update. That has lost me. I have only had the box 3 weeks.

The EV Ultra is a DM500 clone and it does use the sme software as any other Dreambox, what you need to do is transfers a file from your PC to the box, have a look in the stickies and you'll find a few tutorials explaining exactly how it is done.

chiraju
29th October, 2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Friends,
I have a Eurovox Ultra box, which I understand is a DM500c, On last Monday 27th Oct I lost all the channels, so I decided to reflash my box so I used a image for dm500 and again I only got free to air channels no sky (I have copied the latest nagrarom keys available from that (xyz) tool bar but still no luck.

I live in Reading
Any help will be much appreciated, I am feeling like I have lost a world without my box working ....

thered
29th October, 2008, 11:43 AM
i think you need to find out what your box is m8 is it a dreambox or a eurovox

you say you flashed an image which one? where did you put the keys

chiraju
29th October, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi,

It is a Eurovox Ultra, but after reading through this forum it was mentioned that Eurovox Ultra is a clone of DM500c, that is why I mentioned it as DM500c ..

I downloaded a image which is from techwatch forum, which booted the box up but with no sky channels. I copied the keys to /var/keys

Any help is appreciated.

thered
29th October, 2008, 12:00 PM
so you have a working image did you put the roms in the scce folder var/scce

chiraju
29th October, 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi.

No I copied the keys nagrarom7 , nagrarom10, nagrarom 11 in to /VAR/KEYS folder.
Should I copy them in to /var/scce folder?

thered
29th October, 2008, 12:08 PM
yeh take them out your keys will probably be in 2 folders keys and scce keys go in var/keys scce in var/scce

if not just take all the roms out and put them in the scce folder it should work that is if you have the right keys

chiraju
29th October, 2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks,

will do this first thing in the evening, I downloaded the keys from bigq tool bar, any other locations where I can look for the keys which might work ???

thered
29th October, 2008, 12:15 PM
they should be ok but il send some that definately work

chiraju
29th October, 2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks, have a great day,

chiraju
6th November, 2008, 02:40 PM
Finally I got my box working, one important thing I noticed is flashing the box with DW.IMG (1.6.5) via dreamup worked with the latest keys, where as it failed with DW2.1 image.
I have no idea what could be the reason, and also loading the image to /tmp folder and selecting manually update the software version didn't make the box working.
So 2 lessons learnt ...
Thanks to thered for the keys.

Abid
7th November, 2008, 08:42 PM
Hi there
blackbox 500c not responding to any commands from remote control ,gone into freeze up mode, and I could not reboot from pre installed software , only blue light on permanently.Any suggestions or downloads, Please advise,,, Many Thanks

chiraju
9th November, 2008, 05:36 PM
Hi.

I have a eurovox ultra which is a clone of eurovox ultra, how ever my guess is your image is corrupted so try uploading a proper using dreamup and a null modem cable, if you are box is not responding for remote means it is not booting at all so you have to use a nullmodem cable with dreamup software and load a proper image (I have dw 1.6.5 image ..) I know it is old but I am happy with that ...

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 12:28 AM
The EV Ultra is a DM500 clone and it does use the sme software as any other Dreambox, what you need to do is transfers a file from your PC to the box, have a look in the stickies and you'll find a few tutorials explaining exactly how it is done.

i have the same problem with my eurovox ultra .. i cannot find a firware for it all .. can anyone help

thanks

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 10:21 AM
hi dman2080, my issue is solved now ... let me know how can I help. let me know what exactly your problem is ...

the solution is quite simple . let me know and I will reply soon ...

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 11:16 AM
hi dman2080, my issue is solved now ... let me know how can I help. let me know what exactly your problem is ...

the solution is quite simple . let me know and I will reply soon ...

hi
my problem is this
ive got a eurovox ultra . ive been told its a dreambox clone
it worked fine until 1 day it stoped i think i needed to either enter the codes or flash it . i wasnt sure how to enter the codes on the ultra so i tried to flash it ... ive used the dw 1.65 and 2.1 flash neither of them seem to work

i get as far as scanning channels but nothing is piucked up

also brute force wont highlight so i cant do a brute force scan

any ideas ??

thanks

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hi.
I had issues with 2.1 and 1.65 works fine for me so I use 1.65.

the first step for you to do is to get your box working, atleast it should be able to pickup the free channels. If the scan doesn't pick any Transport Stream then you might want to look at the cable connection (decrease the length of the cable or buy a cable amplifier device ... I am not sure about the device name as I don't use one but a good search in this forum can tell you the name). So once you get your box picking up the TS and scanning for available channels work then next thing you might want to do is make sure you have the free channels working.
Once the free channels working then you should install the new keys, I have the new keys which I can send you ...
I will e-mail you the key details ...

let me know how it goes ...

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hi.
I had issues with 2.1 and 1.65 works fine for me so I use 1.65.

the first step for you to do is to get your box working, atleast it should be able to pickup the free channels. If the scan doesn't pick any Transport Stream then you might want to look at the cable connection (decrease the length of the cable or buy a cable amplifier device ... I am not sure about the device name as I don't use one but a good search in this forum can tell you the name). So once you get your box picking up the TS and scanning for available channels work then next thing you might want to do is make sure you have the free channels working.
Once the free channels working then you should install the new keys, I have the new keys which I can send you ...
I will e-mail you the key details ...

let me know how it goes ...

i made a mistake .. i can get the free channels and some radio chanels but thats it. . as far is inputting codes im not sure how to do that .. if i do input the codes. will that give me the rest of the challens .. also . .do u know were im going wrong with bruteforce as it wont let me use that scan option

thanks for this help btw

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hi.

Ok thats cool, I am not sure why it is not allowing you to use a brute force scan,

But how to copy the keys is very simple.

I will e-mail you the keys folder, just copy the scce folder directly in to /var folder,

All you have to do this is just download the keys from the link, unzip,
Tune to a premium channel like sky classic
connect to your box via FTP (use any FTP client) and then copy the scce folder directly to /var folder.
This should solve the problem,

Let me know how it goes.

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hi.

I have replied you in this forum only so please check your PM in this forum. please thank user 'thered' and myself if it works.

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 12:23 PM
Hi.

I have replied you in this forum only so please check your PM in this forum. please thank user 'thered' and myself if it works.

i will try al that .. ive downloaded the keys like you said .. im going to tryt that today .thanks for the help

il let you know how it goes

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hi.

i have tried all what you said .. and ive managed to get onto my dreambox menu through flashxp

ive put the scee folder in the main var folder ... and ive scanned the channels

ive picked up all of the channels . even the new sky channels that are comming on tomorow ..

but the only channels i can view are the free channels ..

am i doing something wrong ??

in the scee folder .. there were a few files called nagraram .. and there was anotehr folder called keys do i need to take that keys folder and put it somewere else . .or does it stay in the scee folder ...

thanks again .. so far everythig nu have said has worked .. except i cant see the new channels i jsut get a black screen

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hi.

try rebooting the box after you copy the scce folder to /var folder.
scce folder is a symbolic link to /var/keys folder so both are same .... don't worry

Can you use dreamup to flash the box?

because I also used some other tool to flash the box and used the same keys which I sent you but I didn't get sky channels ......
but I used dreamup to flash the box with 1.65 and then copied the keys and then it worked ...

try the same thing again and it might work ...

all the best .... I am sure it works ... in between what area you are in? do you know bmq toolbar? if none of the above works then flash the box using dreamup with code 1.65 and then download the bmq tool bar from google search and install them ... I think now you also need to install one more tool bar which you will know from bmq tool bar. and then download the latest keys matching.

let me know how it goes.

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hi.

try rebooting the box after you copy the scce folder to /var folder.
scce folder is a symbolic link to /var/keys folder so both are same .... don't worry

Can you use dreamup to flash the box?

because I also used some other tool to flash the box and used the same keys which I sent you but I didn't get sky channels ......
but I used dreamup to flash the box with 1.65 and then copied the keys and then it worked ...

try the same thing again and it might work ...

all the best .... I am sure it works ... in between what area you are in? do you know bmq toolbar? if none of the above works then flash the box using dreamup with code 1.65 and then download the bmq tool bar from google search and install them ... I think now you also need to install one more tool bar which you will know from bmq tool bar. and then download the latest keys matching.

let me know how it goes.

everything you said here ive done .. im using the dreamup program already ..

an ive tried rebooting box before scanning and after. . and still no joy ..

im totaly stuck now. . i can get into my box . but cant seem to get the keys working. ..

:(

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hi.

what area are you in? did you try bmq toolbar? that will be the final option what I can think of, if that also fails then you have to wait for some senior member to reply with more info. on how to get it working ...

Sorry mate I couldn't be of much help to you ...

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 04:31 PM
Hi.

what area are you in? did you try bmq toolbar? that will be the final option what I can think of, if that also fails then you have to wait for some senior member to reply with more info. on how to get it working ...

Sorry mate I couldn't be of much help to you ...

im in the liverpool area.. . an ye ive got the toolbar .. had it for ages .

ive tried a few differant images . an nothing . .the last 1 ive tried is that 1.6.5 that you sugested .. so far ive got it al lworkign except for the extra channels .. am i putting the keys in the wrong place ..

either .. var/scee/keys

or var/keys

thanks for all the help man ..

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 04:45 PM
When you extract the keys zip file there is a folder called scce. so directly copy that complete folder in to /var folder in the box (drag and drop) when prompted just say yes to all to over write.

that is all I did, hope it works .... if not then I guess may be just to avoid all the messup just only follow the below steps .. nothing in between should be done ..

1. flash the box with 1.65
2. connect the box back to network
3. tune to sky channel
4. connect to box via ftp
5. copy the scce folder in to /var (drag and drop and over write)
6. and wait for atleast 2-3 minutes for it to work..
7. if nothing happened then reboot the box and back to sky channel ..

if this doesn't help then may be approach some techie in this forum ...

chiraju
12th November, 2008, 04:56 PM
and also forgot.

once you flash the box with the code using the dreamup and connect it to cable it will run through the scan process so perform the scan options and then tune to the sky channel

And also one more thing, if you have a virgin connection (I mean official connection) then connect the virgin supplied box and make sure you have channel E4 working, else call up virgin support line and ask them to reprovision the box and make sure the E4 channel works.
Once that is done then follow the same steps I have given in my latest e-mail .

dman2080
12th November, 2008, 06:21 PM
and also forgot.

once you flash the box with the code using the dreamup and connect it to cable it will run through the scan process so perform the scan options and then tune to the sky channel

And also one more thing, if you have a virgin connection (I mean official connection) then connect the virgin supplied box and make sure you have channel E4 working, else call up virgin support line and ask them to reprovision the box and make sure the E4 channel works.
Once that is done then follow the same steps I have given in my latest e-mail .

tried all of that .. and still nothing worked im still getting my normal channels but nothing else. . i know im getting e4 . because i have a normal cable box .. so i tried it with that

an still nothing ...

no matter thoguh fela . ill try an have another tinekr with it ..
thanks for all the help though ..

Curious123
13th November, 2008, 01:17 PM
Why not flash the box with the Dk1 image from this site as you will get a lot more support. Try this on your box;

1. flash the box with DK1 or whatever is the latest image.
3. connect to box via ftp
4. copy the scce folder in to /var/scce and the keys folder to var/keys (drag and drop and over write)
5. Load Evocamd 2.12
6. tune to sky channel Sp1
7. restart evocamd 2.1
8. and wait for atleast 2-3 minutes for it to work..

dman2080
13th November, 2008, 03:22 PM
Why not flash the box with the Dk1 image from this site as you will get a lot more support. Try this on your box;

1. flash the box with DK1 or whatever is the latest image.
3. connect to box via ftp
4. copy the scce folder in to /var/scce and the keys folder to var/keys (drag and drop and over write)
5. Load Evocamd 2.12
6. tune to sky channel Sp1
7. restart evocamd 2.1
8. and wait for atleast 2-3 minutes for it to work..

i will give that ago thanks .. but what is a evocamd 2.12 : / ive seen this on my travels through these sites but not sure what it is ..

Curious123
13th November, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evocamd 2.12 is the cam (computer access module) basically something that works like your card in the box.

dman2080
13th November, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evocamd 2.12 is the cam (computer access module) basically something that works like your card in the box.

ok ive downlaoded the evocamd aswell . so i will let u know . ahvnet had the chance to do it yet .but il have ago later on .

thanks again for the help .

dman2080
14th November, 2008, 12:21 AM

ok ive doen everythign u said . ive also got that evocamd 2.12 ..

ive extracted it to a new folder o nthe pc . but im stuck from there

i dont know what to do with evocamd ..

were am i going wrong ?

thakns

316 ste
28th November, 2008, 03:10 PM
hya im new to this ive gt the eurovox ultra box n i was wondering what you need e.g cables n tht to connect with my box i herd you need new keys with it with a have but they need to be done manually can any 1 elp me becuase i devostated without my box much thanks if n e 1 replys

chiraju
28th November, 2008, 03:23 PM
hya im new to this ive gt the eurovox ultra box n i was wondering what you need e.g cables n tht to connect with my box i herd you need new keys with it with a have but they need to be done manually can any 1 elp me becuase i devostated without my box much thanks if n e 1 replys

Hi.
first thing is what is your box condition? was the box working previously? and now lost due to new keys?
let us know the status first.
If your box was working previously the please go through 'new keys available here' post on how to put the new keys in to the box.
let me know what exact is your situation and what exact help you need.

wo66
8th December, 2008, 09:49 PM
Having some 'fun' with a Eurovox Ultra which recently stopped catching good tv...

Have tried flashing with DK1.1 and the box just doesn't start. It repeatedly shows the DK startup logo for 4 secs then goes blank for about 10 seconds..

Anyone confirm DK1.1 starts up Ok?

DK 1.0 starts but I get nothing on the 'blue' remote button so cannot start cams..

Tried other images but do not seem to change user interface.. am I missing something obvious?

Any help or guidance appreciated. :bebored:

wo66

bugaloo41
8th December, 2008, 09:57 PM
sounds like a bad flash.

try using telnet to flash see red sticky at the top of the page (if you know the ip address of the box). you need to load the keys and roms to watch scrambled channels. all the info is in this thread that you need.

wo66
8th December, 2008, 10:25 PM
I've updated with Dreamup (first flash didn't come back..). No joy with DK1.0 - as mentioned earlier - no addins accessible only 'record' option under 'Blue Key'.

Holding Info down for 'over 3 seconds' doesn't do anything either..

My confusion is that I would have thought a bad flash wouldn't boot, or scan or do anything I could do earlier.

Tried DK1.1 downloaded again .. still just getting logo - used DCC with 'cable options selected' this time.. (ftp's image then

Also just tried an old copy of DW2.1 - no boot and had to revert to Dreamup and an old enigma of other board..

:shot:

mickarick
8th December, 2008, 10:26 PM
Flash the ultra with AU openmedia using dreamup simple to do and works a treat .

boristm3d
9th December, 2008, 11:00 PM
dm500c works with dish network?

Curious123
9th December, 2008, 11:29 PM

The dm500c is a cable box whereas the dish network is satellite setup so the dm500 won't work with the dish network.

mickarick
10th December, 2008, 12:03 PM
AU openmeadia is for cable m8 , its a neutrino image.

wo66
10th December, 2008, 03:15 PM
Flash the ultra with AU openmedia using dreamup simple to do and works a treat .

Had no joy with openmedia image on dreamup either. The image I have got working still has no addins or features and when trying to restore bouquets from my other boxes doesn't show anything..

Just used openDBedit to pull/receive (d/l) existing files from 'dreambox' and after it finished (did ftp files [satellites.xml, terrestrial.xml, user bouquets etc..] into a directory but then shows error "The directory you selected contains either no services data or an old version of the settings files. ... To edit older files use DreamboxEdit ver 1.41 or older"

Is there a directory structure I can reference to check the image is setup right?
:beheaded: