PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview Fix (30/11/08)

bugaloo41
29th November, 2008, 12:46 PM
Some people were experiencing problems (freezing, box crashing) with yesterdays release. Here is a fresh release which will hopefully resolve these issues. This seemed to affect TW users more.

All thanks again go to the developers.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview Firmware 291108 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-firmware-291108-442/)

coombs1966
29th November, 2008, 01:01 PM
because its a bin file will i be able to download it to my kryptview box

bugaloo41
29th November, 2008, 01:18 PM
Yes no problems mate.

Open up the software loader - click on option "tool" and go to "loader" and click on "loader send". The loader now opens up.

Click on "open" and scroll to where you saved the bin file on your pc. Now rig up the pc and box with your null modem. Make sure the box is off at the mains.

Now click on "start" and quickly turn the box on at the wall. Your box will start to flash.

usman
1st December, 2008, 05:23 PM
i am having problems downloading BIN file for arnet box can anyone please help me i need a step by step instructions

usman
1st December, 2008, 05:26 PM
can anyone please help me i am having problems downloading the above software link it says i do not have permissins why is this

bugaloo41
1st December, 2008, 05:36 PM
usman you have not made enough posts. you need 5 posts before you can download.

pacman362
1st December, 2008, 05:52 PM
Some people were experiencing problems (freezing, box crashing) with yesterdays release. Here is a fresh release which will hopefully resolve these issues. This seemed to affect TW users more.

Thanks for the file I also upped this to the downloads page 2 days ago.:beer:

wiccamiss
1st December, 2008, 06:23 PM
Help please!! Am i doing something wrong? i keep getting "the download is not requested". Ive followed the steps above but still no joy. Advice and help much needed as im new to this.

Thanks

coombs1966
1st December, 2008, 07:21 PM
done as you said and i am now up and running. thanks very much mate

bitchmonkey
1st December, 2008, 08:07 PM
have the older version but think i will try this if you saying it stops the crashing
thanks

have justed updated my box, took a while but as we speak i have the footy but a few of the movie channels are not there, some are but i assume they will come back on, i will report back soon to let you know (i did not delete the old channels before upping the new file, is this wrong?)

jj2s
1st December, 2008, 09:05 PM
Great, thanks, been having freeze problems so will give this a go

al666
1st December, 2008, 09:32 PM
will this stop freezing and locking ?:viking:

al666
1st December, 2008, 09:42 PM
how many posts do u have to do before u can download?:santaclaus:

peggimon
1st December, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hi all,
In response to the above questions about step by step instructions and the Download not requested error....
I have step by step instructions for the Kryptoview, would it be OK to post them on here...

eggytalbot
1st December, 2008, 10:19 PM
HI MATE IT IS EASY JUST FOLLW THE INSTRUCTIONS

peggimon
1st December, 2008, 10:33 PM
Yes they are easy to follow, it took me a couple of attempts but have updated my box, and just doing a scan now...:top:

peggimon
1st December, 2008, 11:13 PM
Loading software to KRYPTViEW ArnEt

You will not get any channels until this part has been completed in FULL

WARNING

BEFORE FLASHING WITH THIS METHOD YOU MUST EXIT EASY INSTALLATION (PRESS MENU BUTTON ON THE REMOTE) AND GO INTO THE MENU/SYSTEM SETTINGS/OTHER SETTINGS AND SWITCH POWERSCAN MODE TO OFF!!!

OTHER WISE AS AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD SET UP THE LOADER WITH THE ARNET UNPLUGGED, START THE LOADER THEN PLUG IN THE POWER ON THE ARNET TO START THE FLASH. FUTURE FIRMWARE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME

1. Using the RS232 (Null Modem) cable connect the box to the back of your computer.

2. Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply.

3. Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box. Or if you are updating from a working firmware with existing channels just make sure it's switched on (not standby).

4. Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish).

5. The loader will open. Click the green download button. Another box will open saying Code Send. Click Open?

6. Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted. Then click the Open button. This file will now appear File box.

7. Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top). So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

The software will start downloading

The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round.
Wait until it says Download Success !

Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider and scan for channels. Then wait for it to update. It may take a few minutes or sometimes longer, up to an hour so please be patient. The EMU is enabled and there is no updating message.

JOB DONE!!!!

Hope this helps all those that need it.
Cheers:tee::thrasher:

usman
2nd December, 2008, 12:40 AM
can any0ne please give me a step by step information on how to install the latest arnet cable box software....THANX

yannos
2nd December, 2008, 12:43 AM
Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting one of these boxes. Is it really that easy to set up and recieve ALL the channels??

The reason i ask is because i have been offered one for ?100 which i thought was fair enough as i thought there was a "big" set up involved.

However if those instructions are anything to go by, i could do it with my eyes shut.

So should i buy one and try myself or pay the ?100?

Thanks in advance.

Yannos

usman
2nd December, 2008, 12:44 AM
can anyone please help me

usman
2nd December, 2008, 12:45 AM
i am new to this updating software i have the RS232 an the rest bt need help on firmware

delboy13
2nd December, 2008, 12:54 AM
your post number 19 has 2 posts above it both helping you

delboy13
2nd December, 2008, 12:54 AM
i am new to this updating software i have the RS232 an the rest bt need help on firmware

your post number 19 has 2 posts above it both helping you

kaviya
2nd December, 2008, 03:18 AM
hi mate,
my kyrpt view box says waiting for code update,if i download this files in to the box is it going to work.please help.im new to these stuff and really confused

bazzo1995
2nd December, 2008, 10:20 AM
is it easier for a newbie to input the keys manually????

bitchmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 12:51 PM
just to say that all channels back now after leaving box on over night. to all those looking for instructions, You have to have a little read around 1st before asking, its just the way, people will always help but as long as you have had a look yourself. in this thread are the instructions and step by step guides, you have to have a connection to the arnet box via a cable but its all simple

wiccamiss
2nd December, 2008, 02:56 PM
Why o why cant i get this to work:hmmmm2: followed all the instructions above exactly and still no joy. Any further advice before i take a bloody hammer to the thing lol.

Hrajpara
2nd December, 2008, 08:45 PM
i have problem with my box hope this works..:goodpost:

Hrajpara
3rd December, 2008, 12:59 AM
hi i am haveing problem with downlod can u help pls:call2:

johhnywishbone
3rd December, 2008, 02:10 AM
whats the new firmware for the arnet ?

johhnywishbone
3rd December, 2008, 02:11 AM
where can i get the firmware the latest one that has no problems

johhnywishbone
3rd December, 2008, 02:12 AM
does any one no if there is a problem with old firmware

johhnywishbone
3rd December, 2008, 02:13 AM
NEW Kryptview Fix (30/11/08)

is this the latest one and has any one exp problems with it

leespeed
3rd December, 2008, 11:06 AM
is the loader about anywhere

peggimon
3rd December, 2008, 02:25 PM
is the loader about anywhere

Hi in response to several questions in this forum.
The latest Krypotview (30/11/08) listed at the beginning is one to choose, it works fine.
All the necessary software is on the download page for the Arnet Kryptoview.......

I have posted easy to follow instructions earlier in this thread, and am happy to offer advice if anyone is still having issues.....

Cheers

peggimon
3rd December, 2008, 02:28 PM
Why o why cant i get this to work:hmmmm2: followed all the instructions above exactly and still no joy. Any further advice before i take a bloody hammer to the thing lol.

Could you say what you are having issues with...
The instructions i posted earlier in this thread do work, may have to have a couple of attempts but it does work...

Happy to help

hatbowler
3rd December, 2008, 07:27 PM

hatbowler
3rd December, 2008, 07:29 PM

hatbowler
3rd December, 2008, 07:31 PM
:dito:thanks

hatbowler
3rd December, 2008, 07:33 PM
:Dthanks mate

hatbowler
3rd December, 2008, 07:34 PM
:D thanks again mate

wiccamiss
4th December, 2008, 08:07 AM
Could you say what you are having issues with...
The instructions i posted earlier in this thread do work, may have to have a couple of attempts but it does work...

Happy to help

Hi there and thanks for the reply. Ive tried several times and Ive followed your instructions exactly and im still getting "the download is not requesting" message. Im using the files off here, a null modem cable and my pc. Dont know what to do now or where im going wrong. Im a complete virgin at this lol.

Thanks

wonderwelch
4th December, 2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for that I have used the other fix and when i check the software it still comes up that the machine is reading the april fix not the new november fix

jaytag
4th December, 2008, 02:50 PM
thanks satsmo your a legend

jaytag
4th December, 2008, 02:52 PM
and a lot of thanks goes to bugalo41 cheers for the krypt firmware

bobin
4th December, 2008, 03:47 PM
Im following the instructions word for word and still getting message saying the downloading is not requested. Can you help please?

wooper
4th December, 2008, 05:26 PM
When it says "Downloading not requested", its reading from the wrong com port.

Or simply, the USB from 'puter to Box.

You can alter this easily on the loader.

Choose your fix, then (and this is off the top of my head as am at work) there is a little box with com port on the loader.

Click on it and a menu scrolls down with COM PORT 1, and so on.

Click on 1 and try again. No luck, click 2 and so on.

For some reason somtimes mine is fine with 5, other times 6!!!!!!!!!

batesy
4th December, 2008, 09:42 PM
put new firmware in box but is says waiting 4 code update hav i don something wrong

batesy
4th December, 2008, 09:47 PM
firmware dun sorted used Kryptview Firmware 291108 (453.0 KB) every thin spot on cheers kaos top forum

guinness
4th December, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hi
I have read this thread from p1 to p5 and i am very impressed with the info you guys give and the time and patients you have with the persist ant same questions.
you really are superstars.
so here is my question and i do hope i haven't missed the answer already my appologies if i have.
I have d/loaded the software, i have my box (arnet A700c), and i have printed out the instructions provided by Peggimon
so all i have to do now is connect my cable, but i cant find any where on my laptop to plug it into?
i do not have the standard com port like my old desk top pc??, it only has usb ports
is there a usb type lead i can use and if so does anyone know the mod number.
many thanks in advance.
Mick

guinness
5th December, 2008, 09:17 AM
Hi
I have had a search around on the net and found a cable caled
USB to Serial 9-Pin Male Adaptor
does anyone know if this will do the job as a replacement to the RS232 null or do i need both?
many thanks

wooper
5th December, 2008, 10:40 AM
GUiness.

Think that is the one.

I have same issue with my laptop.

You get them from Maplin for about ?13

You then need to conect that to your null modem cable that should have come with the box.

guinness
5th December, 2008, 11:44 AM
GUiness.

Think that is the one.

I have same issue with my laptop.

You get them from Maplin for about ?13

You then need to conect that to your null modem cable that should have come with the box.

Hi Wooper
thanks for the post, I have lowned a RS232 from a mate as i didnt get one with the box, but how can i tell if it is null or not because my mate dont know.

thats why i was asking if the USB would replace it.
anyway i think it would be best if i just go to maplin and buy both just to be on the safe side ( unless there is an obvious diference

many thanks:hmmmm2:

wooper
5th December, 2008, 11:58 AM
Hmmm.

Well, I'm not the most technically minded!!!!

You will need the USB to serial because your laptop does not have a serial port like your old computer.

This converts your USB port to Serial via the cable.

You need this because the NULL modem cable conects to serial ports, not USB.

You will need both cables.

You have to have a null modem cable, not just any old cable with serial conections each end, it wont work at all.

wooper
5th December, 2008, 12:02 PM
You can buy usb to serial cable from maplin for ?13 and Null modem cables from them for ?10.

I would advise you buy both as the flash updates are fairley frequent.

As we have seen in the last week, as Virmin change key methods you need new updates.

Spend the ?23 and get them or pitch in with a mate.

danny6045
5th December, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks to all for the tips on this forum.
My arnet box working again, many thanks.

Ricko
5th December, 2008, 02:16 PM
i am having problems downloading BIN file for arnet box can anyone please help me i need a step by step instructions

Things to look out for when downloading. Make sure the cable is a crossed or null modem cable not a standard parallel cable. Most pcs now have no RS232 socket so if using convertors make sure in your device manager you select the corect com port for the daptor you are using. I know some of this is obviuos to many people on here but it is the usual things that cause problems for people who havent flashed firmware in things before.

Ricko
5th December, 2008, 02:18 PM
Hi
I have had a search around on the net and found a cable caled
USB to Serial 9-Pin Male Adaptor
does anyone know if this will do the job as a replacement to the RS232 null or do i need both?
many thanks

You can from maplins also get a gender changer male to male or female to female. they are only about ?4 should you need one as i did with the cables i have.

wooper
5th December, 2008, 03:18 PM
All good advice ricko.

And the most common cry of download not requested can be solved.

Its the computer trying to send info out of one usb but your cable in another.

Device manager on pc should help.

or com port on kryptview loader.

Click on each port till it downloads

guinness
5th December, 2008, 04:43 PM
ok thanks for all your help but i know that this is going to sound dum but i have to ask.

i have downloaded the firmware at the start of this thread but the instructions say i have to open a loader that looks like a grey satellite dish?/?
i do not have one of those so do i need to download a loader???

the other thing i have noticed is when i opend the new firmware it is opening up in VLC media player?
any help would be appreciated
Many thanks

dellboy1966
5th December, 2008, 04:43 PM

guinness
5th December, 2008, 05:24 PM
still cant find the satellite dish - any idears what i am doing wrong

many thanks

wooper
5th December, 2008, 05:35 PM
Guiness,

if I can post a link.

Lets Review It - Starview, The Box, KryptView, EuroVox & More (http://www.letsreviewit.info/index.php)

should have loader.

guinness
5th December, 2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for the help so far - that link was bang on and i now have a downloader :0)

but i now seem to have the same problem as i have seen on this thread time and time again which is " the downloading is not requested" I have tried 3 diferent ports 3/4/and 7 and changed it in the loader each time - getting a step closer but still no goal

many thanks

guinness
5th December, 2008, 07:12 PM
Woop Woop

its all up and running (i was only pressing the red button on the remote once insted of 2 times - so a lesson learnt there)

Many Many thanks to all for your assistance.

problem is now my mates want me to do theirs- which includes a digivox - starview - DDigital - and a eurovox ex5000 PVR lol

so i am hoping that i will find the info here or should i say they ar hoping lol

ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPORT:congrats:

dropstock
6th December, 2008, 11:00 AM
does anyone know if the latest kryptview release will fix the loss of channels???

guinness
6th December, 2008, 11:10 AM
does anyone know if the latest kryptview release will fix the loss of channels???

worked for mine - just followed the instructions provided in this thread and ime up and running
be sure to read all posts on this thread because the answers are all there

Thanks again for the help.

dropstock
6th December, 2008, 03:36 PM
cheers for that but i had the 29/12/08 fix on and found that some channels were missing although there was no freezing with that fix. Tried re-scanning but no good. Will see tonight if it's fixed

barca partyboy
6th December, 2008, 04:10 PM
I have the same problem, i've been told it's because i am using Vista?

guinness
6th December, 2008, 08:41 PM
cheers for that but i had the 29/12/08 fix on and found that some channels were missing although there was no freezing with that fix. Tried re-scanning but no good. Will see tonight if it's fixed

hope it has all worked for you as it has for me m8

i would advise that you check other treads as i have done to sort out yur channels cuz it seems like you have done the hard work and it is just a case of reseting your tp's for your area - i feel sure someone will be able to talk you through that

Good luck and u are in the right place for this type of help:manutop:

yannos
6th December, 2008, 08:46 PM

Hi there,

I disagree with the vista comment. I'm using vista home premium and had no problems.

I had a kryptview box arrive yesterday and i had it set up within 30 mins.

Tell me what is going wrong and i will try and help

Yannos.

guinness
6th December, 2008, 08:50 PM
:shakehands::shakehands:

Hi
just keep going at it and reading the info in this thread i feel sure you will crack it - it cant be vista because i am using it so it has to be something simple like i was doing ( i missed the "press red button twice statement" and was only pressing it once) something as simple as that after 4 hrs of trying can create a host of problems. have a beer and read this thread again and you may just spot something you have missed the first time round.

Good luck and i hope you solve it the ppl here are always willing to help.

redsfan1975
7th December, 2008, 04:28 PM
I have been getting the download not requested message for ages now, and need help desperately.

I have changed the settings in the Device Manage for my com ports, can anyone verify all the setting for the com port, I have tried several, but some say (in use) and does not recommend I use them or should I try them too?

Io have tried every set of instructions available for the KV box, and tried all downloads, none of which help.

I have the loader, instructions and have extracted the bin* file from the downloaded flash.

I hope there is someone here who can help.

Cheers

slayer123
7th December, 2008, 08:22 PM
working for me, cheers

wooper
8th December, 2008, 12:50 PM
Redsfan, where abouts are you?

redsfan1975
8th December, 2008, 04:44 PM
Redsfan, where abouts are you?

It says where I am on the left of the post text, in the northwest, nr liverpool.

Are you local and able to help?

dropstock
8th December, 2008, 04:52 PM
hope it has all worked for you as it has for me m8

i would advise that you check other treads as i have done to sort out yur channels cuz it seems like you have done the hard work and it is just a case of reseting your tp's for your area - i feel sure someone will be able to talk you through that

Good luck and u are in the right place for this type of help:manutop:

all channels are back and it seems to be great so greatfull for everyone's help on here!!!

wooper
8th December, 2008, 04:54 PM
St Helens, thats why I was asking

redsfan1975
8th December, 2008, 05:03 PM
Wooper you got a pm.

billymcmad
8th December, 2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks will try and download when i got my 5 posts

trickytree
8th December, 2008, 09:48 PM
Hi newbie have arnet fix flashed twice still only fta channels any ideas? cheers

truey
9th December, 2008, 12:14 AM
Hi will this latest fix 301108 stop my box from freezing onto number 1 & 6 where i have to switch off at the mains to re-set ?

brown151
9th December, 2008, 12:22 AM
hi i am knew here so still trying to find my way around

brown151

truey
9th December, 2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah so am i but its great fun sussing it all out and it looks agreat site m8.

burtie70
9th December, 2008, 10:45 PM
have successfully downloaded Kryptware software but as soon as I try to open it says adbobe cannot open. which program do i need to open this.

kev_1963
9th December, 2008, 11:23 PM
i have the latest firmware and most channels work... but some still say waiting for code update... any ideas?

thanks

fayray93
11th December, 2008, 12:49 AM
28/11/08 binfile loaded to my arnet box working fine much appreciated.But when i do a scan only about a third of the channels coming through.Do i need to do a factory reset or will this remove new file. cheers

eagleeyes
11th December, 2008, 03:54 PM
Even i am havig problems, when i start down load and press red button at the top left hand corner of the remote followed by the 2 press of red button half way through remote control its displays message dowload not resqusted.
any help to resolves this will be really appriciated

yannos
12th December, 2008, 01:23 AM
Even i am havig problems, when i start down load and press red button at the top left hand corner of the remote followed by the 2 press of red button half way through remote control its displays message dowload not resqusted.
any help to resolves this will be really appriciated

Your problem is that you are pressing the buttons on the wrong order.

It should be the red button twice and then the stand by button in the top left corner.

Hope this helps.

Yannos

ricky-tk
13th December, 2008, 03:12 AM
just joined but can't find the 30/11 update in the download section??? only seems to be the 29/11 , any ideas guys?

is the 30/11 the very latest update?

cheers

design4livinguk@yahoo.co.
14th December, 2008, 09:23 PM
Help please!! Am i doing something wrong? i keep getting "the download is not requested". Ive followed the steps above but still no joy. Advice and help much needed as im new to this.

Thanks

Hi i am having the same problem as wiccamiss, how did you resolve it?

peapod
14th December, 2008, 09:33 PM
Eh?

This thread was labelled, 29/11/08 a few hours ago, so where is the NEW fixed update??????

I can only see 29/11/08!

Anyway I was getting download not requested error with my usb to serial cable, so I switched it to a null modem cable and hey presto it worked!

So where is this NEW update?

trickytree
15th December, 2008, 06:48 PM
still cant find the satellite dish - any idears what i am doing wrong

many thanks

Hi guiness, i nobbed around for a couple of days scratching my head, i got the file, tried null cable, new null cable, adapters still no connection between box and pc what i had not seen on here, is the 'sat dish' is a file called "uploader" which you need as well as the fix file. I googled it and found it quite fast, fix uploaded easy but had to try 2/3/4 times for it to work Hope you get something from this!!
ATB
Trickytree

bigdel40
17th December, 2008, 03:40 PM
Hi can anyone help everytime I try and enter the new firmware into the file box on the loader and start the update it will not let me select the file or enter the file name am i doing something wrong.

roberthouston57@hotmail.c
17th December, 2008, 06:37 PM
helo is there new codes for kryptview been looking every were not very good at this

roberthouston57@hotmail.c
17th December, 2008, 06:45 PM
Been reading some of your comments getting scared dont know alot about these things how do iget firmwear arnet loader and whaterever

polly33
17th December, 2008, 07:33 PM
do i need a program to upload from pc to box

prostreet
17th December, 2008, 10:03 PM
Loading software to KRYPTViEW ArnEt

You will not get any channels until this part has been completed in FULL

WARNING

BEFORE FLASHING WITH THIS METHOD YOU MUST EXIT EASY INSTALLATION (PRESS MENU BUTTON ON THE REMOTE) AND GO INTO THE MENU/SYSTEM SETTINGS/OTHER SETTINGS AND SWITCH POWERSCAN MODE TO OFF!!!

OTHER WISE AS AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD SET UP THE LOADER WITH THE ARNET UNPLUGGED, START THE LOADER THEN PLUG IN THE POWER ON THE ARNET TO START THE FLASH. FUTURE FIRMWARE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME

1. Using the RS232 (Null Modem) cable connect the box to the back of your computer.

2. Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply.

3. Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box. Or if you are updating from a working firmware with existing channels just make sure it's switched on (not standby).

4. Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish).

5. The loader will open. Click the green download button. Another box will open saying Code Send. Click Open?

6. Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted. Then click the Open button. This file will now appear File box.

7. Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top). So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

The software will start downloading

The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round.
Wait until it says Download Success !

Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider and scan for channels. Then wait for it to update. It may take a few minutes or sometimes longer, up to an hour so please be patient. The EMU is enabled and there is no updating message.

JOB DONE!!!!

Hope this helps all those that need it.
Cheers:tee::thrasher:

Hi i followed your guide and it worked perfect, thanks very much ;)

cheers and all the best

ill now be able to watch all the christmas films lol.

trevor1969
17th December, 2008, 10:04 PM
dont get carried away m8 you never know what vm will do in the next few days

errol
19th December, 2008, 02:15 AM
Hello again peeps,i have the latest firmwire(30/11/08), and i can tell you if you dont have it,you really should,best viewing i have had in alongtime,check it out,and see for yourself.:smokin::p

yannos
19th December, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hello again peeps,i have the latest firmwire(30/11/08), and i can tell you if you dont have it,you really should,best viewing i have had in alongtime,check it out,and see for yourself.:smokin::p

In what respect is it the best viewing? Better picture? Sound? I have this box in my bedroom and i think it's fine, also have sky hd downstairs and that's amazing.

Yannos.

k2tba
19th December, 2008, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to getting this download - thanks for the post.

bobmar
20th December, 2008, 10:29 PM

Hi
I am new to this and just got my new arnet box, which is not working? It has the 29/11/08 firmware on it? should I try the lates??

bob300
21st December, 2008, 12:04 PM
Can somebody please help, i'm trying to update my kryptview box but "code file error size" pops up when i click ok on the firmware! please help as i have not got a clue!!

usman
22nd December, 2008, 06:59 AM
what is the type of model and the comm type for the arnet loader is it FTA MODEL or OLD MLODEL this is in the box where you send from loader.

COOLER
22nd December, 2008, 08:19 AM
anybody got a link to keymaster v1.2

bobmar
22nd December, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hi All
I am new to all this and I know it might sound silly but, Could someone please let me know if the Arnet A700C box is the same as the Kryptview Arnet A700C ???
Thanks Bobmar

kgerry
26th December, 2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Bugaloo41, thanks for info on kryptview firmware update. I live in Ireland, NTL, so Im wondering if the update you talked about works for me. For the last 2 weeks I have: ' Waiting for code updade' on my box and about 20 FTA channels. It's over 1 year old and has not been updated with any new firmware. Any advice would be appreciated,
kgerry

fingerz
28th December, 2008, 03:43 PM
hi everybody i'm fingerz i'm new 2 the game. its really nice 2be on board

fingerz
28th December, 2008, 03:58 PM
how can i tell weather i have the latest firmware on my kriptview

dwr6rtr
14th January, 2009, 10:46 PM

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview Firmware 291108 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-firmware-291108-442/)
anybody know if this fix is more stable than the 28/11 one please?

wilf
14th January, 2009, 10:47 PM
yes definately is some channels missing on 28/11/08

dwr6rtr
15th January, 2009, 11:23 AM
the sports channels are unwatchable on the 28/11 patch i will get this download when i can.....cheers m8

kgerry
19th January, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks to all you guys for the info and software, I installed the 291108 software and I live in Ireland and it worked great.

marshallar
4th February, 2009, 08:35 PM
can somebody please explain the scan process in more detail. I loaded the new firmware successfully, entered my provider (telewst) and selected "all". I had the option of 2 buttons to press - yellow for scan, or green for tp scan. Anyway, i pressed scan but it only found 11 transponders with about 20 channels. On my previous eurovox, there were always about 38 transponders. I'm obviously going wrong somewhere, but i dont know where :dontknow:

wilf
4th February, 2009, 09:11 PM
installation, automatic, select your provider then just press the green button when you want to scan. I assuming you have put on latest firmware? sytem info it should read 26/09/08 although it is 30/11/08 in download section

marshallar
4th February, 2009, 09:43 PM
thanks mate. yes latest firmware is on, and it does read 26/09/08. I selected automatic and my provider, but if i press the green button, it changes to manual and then just sits there, the only thing happening is the signal strength fluctuating. I know i have got good signal strength because of my previous eurovox.

wilf
4th February, 2009, 10:56 PM
Hi m8,go automatic then in channel search type select network and retry. let us know how you get on

marshallar
4th February, 2009, 11:27 PM
i'll give it another go tomorrow. i was becoming very disillusioned with the stb. i had a eurovox for many years and never had a problem. I changed because the kryptview was so well supported, the updated firmware coming out practically the following day, but right at this moment, I'm not convinced i made the right decision. Thanks again for your help

wilf
4th February, 2009, 11:43 PM
ok m8, now the box is flashed just do this, go installation then press 0000, select automatic, highlight network press right key and select your provider from list press ok, press down to channel search type and select network then press ok then green button and you will be done 10 mins max go toi sky sports 1 wait for it to unlock. job done.......Dont give up on it I know its frustrating sometimes but when you done it once it will be a piece of cake in the future, every box has a few glitches but you have to work with that. i cant comment on the eurovox never had 1 myself but i'm sure if i got 1 now i would have a few probs to deal with first time.

jamesdalton
2nd May, 2009, 09:24 AM
thanks for all the info hope i can get my box working soon.

:manusign:

caveman_nige
8th May, 2009, 01:07 PM
For the latest firmware see the red sticky thread at the top of the Kryptview section..

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/new-kryptview-firmware-19-03-09-a-33271/

This will be updated whenever newer firmware becomes available etc..