PDA

View Full Version : Idle speed change for Alfa 147 1.9 JTD 8v

dusan147
3rd July, 2010, 04:57 PM
What is the way to change idle speed (850rpm is a factory value) for 147 1.9 JTD 8v?

ipejasinovic
3rd July, 2010, 06:27 PM
In ECU file look at position 71C6C - 71C6D & 71C70 - 71C71 or 71CDA - 71CDB & 71CE0 - 71CE1, should be 52 03 in hex. When you swap bytes, you'll get 0352 in hex, which is 850 in decimal. Now, take calculator and make yourself a value you want...

dusan147
3rd July, 2010, 10:23 PM
Thank you - I will try...

smirnoff_rules
3rd July, 2010, 11:12 PM
God there's some clever ~~~~ers on here lol

Meat-Head
3rd July, 2010, 11:58 PM
God there's some clever ~~~~ers on here lol

Yeah i was thinking more crazy.

MORE MORE MORE

smirnoff_rules
4th July, 2010, 12:06 AM
l have been around lots of car info sites over the years .. Russian French u name it . but this has become a league of its own

dusan147
5th July, 2010, 01:09 PM
By use of ECM2001 I have 52 03 (red frames) what is 03 52 (hex) or 850rpm (dec)... New values are 03 84 i.e. 84 03 (new in red frames) what is 900rpm... Is it correct modification?

ipejasinovic
5th July, 2010, 01:18 PM
Yes. Just write 84 03 on both locations.

dusan147
5th July, 2010, 05:05 PM
:top: :beer:

dusan147
8th July, 2010, 04:18 PM
Me again - how to use ECM "Hex window" to write 84hex in mentioned location?
a) Scroll mode OFF
b) go to proper address
c) add/sub value of 1 or 5?
Is it the simplest way?

ipejasinovic
8th July, 2010, 05:01 PM
Take simple HEX editor and edit value (I'm using HxD (http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/)). Forget that integrated in ECM.

dusan147
8th July, 2010, 09:48 PM
Checksum problems?

ipejasinovic
8th July, 2010, 10:01 PM
You can do it in ECM, alongside modifications. Also, WinOLS can make corrections or you can use some stand alone tool like Checksum Corrector...

dusan147
8th July, 2010, 10:11 PM
Ok - this is clear for me - thanks ipejasinovic...

euroscan
1st August, 2010, 01:06 PM
- if this also working for ECu M1.5.5 alfa romeo 156 ts 1.8 '98 year ?

dusan147
22nd August, 2010, 03:18 PM
In ECU file look at position 71C6C - 71C6D & 71C70 - 71C71 or 71CDA - 71CDB & 71CE0 - 71CE1, should be 52 03 in hex. When you swap bytes, you'll get 0352 in hex, which is 850 in decimal. Now, take calculator and make yourself a value you want...

I made change of values in two mentioned addresses (from 850 to 900) but... when I downloaded this ECU file (I use Galletto 1260) to Alfa, nothing changed in idle speed... Idle speed value remain same (according to board instrument)...
Do you have any idea, where I made something wrong?

dusan147
23rd August, 2010, 11:33 AM
Is this a idle speed map? What is your opinion?

ipejasinovic
23rd August, 2010, 03:01 PM
Maybe, you can try to change it...

dusan147
23rd August, 2010, 06:54 PM
Without try we don't know is it correct "idle map"... I will inform when try...

dusan147
24th August, 2010, 12:13 PM
My friend tried this and it work!

TribesMac
25th August, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I found this map in my ECU (Alfa 147 1.9 JTD 16V, EDC16), looks very similar to dusan's idle speed map, but mine is two dimensional...

I guess that one axis defines the water temperature, as idle speed change is related to water temp deviation... But what is the other axis? It is also temperature, but which one? Intake air maybe? Or is this map something else and not idle speed?

dusan147
25th August, 2010, 01:27 PM
Well, maybe values from ipejasinovic play main role in idle speed...
Why I say that? Little problems about idle speed: works when engine starts, but only after few minutes of driving, idle drops from 900RPM to 850 RPM, regardless of temperature conditions... New start and things repeat on the same way... There are two single values (850RPM) in ECU file, that should be change to 900?
@TribesMac: Great - and I like finding of new maps. I will try to find this 8x8 map in my ECU file (354_624) if it exist.

dusan147
26th August, 2010, 06:26 AM
As I said in previous post, ipejasinovic was right... Complete adjusting of idle speed needs combination of change in mentioned idle map and two single values. I tried this last evening and it works... One more thanks for ipejasinovic...

sanscorp
9th March, 2011, 03:38 PM
As there are some followers of this topic, can someone explain how to find the idle speed?
Is it possible to just look for the binary value of 850 of are there a lot of combinations then?

I'm totally new to this, don't even know where to start :P
Have read a lot in the forums till I found my second ECU (which I have now, so now come the questions :D)
I downloaded HxD and allready have the BIN file from the ECU.

Another quesion: Do I ALWAYS have to update the checksum after any adjustment to the binary code??

Is a "map" an index of what binary code does what or do I have to "quess" what i'm editing?

I know, lot of questions... really need some basics first ;)

sarkann
9th March, 2011, 09:03 PM
1. Yes, every value altered needs checksum correction.
2. No. Map is an 3D view of some table (chart).
The file, which writes the name of each value/each map, is called damos. First start to use winols. Than import a damos file for your ECU and import your BIN file. After doing this you can see, what you change. Don?t try to change any values you don?t know, what it means.

Attached file is the same ECU type as yours. Open it by winols.

sanscorp
9th March, 2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you for your quick responce, learned a lot allready! :D Will definetly try your file ;)

Forgive my ignorance, but do I understand correctly if I say:

- The bin file is the "landscape"
- The Damos is the "overlay" that shows the "roads"

1. WinOLS + Damos + BIN (.ori) file = understandable for me (as a total noob)?

2. What do 2D and 3D maps do and how are they helpfull?
Do I need the 2D or 3D maps to edit simple things as EGR and change idle speed?

3. What happens after editing the .ori file:
I save it as an .mod file with description what i edited and then "calculate" the checksum and upload the file to the ECU and it works?

4. Whatdoes a checksum do and what happens if I DON'T generate a new checksum? :D

sanscorp
10th March, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys, I'm trying the exact same thing for an EDC15C7 with HW# 740 and SF#796 AND SF#242 (AR156 1.9 JTD)

How do I find out what location is doing what with ECM?
For WinOLS you have the Damos files, is there a similair thing for ECM?

sarkann
10th March, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yes, bin is a landscape and damos shows roads :).
There is nothing similar for ecm, as damos for winols.
2D and 3D maps are a part of algorhytm, which is used to control of engine. ECU takes info from sensors and reads the correct values from maps. After calculating according to algorythm, it makes an otcome - opens injectors, regulates pressure and so on...
If you don?t have a correct checksum, car maybe shouldn?t start, or if it starts, it will be not running well and MIL will get on.
Whan you save your mod file with correct checksum, you can upload it to ECU and you will see, what you done.
To change idle speed you need maps, not only sigle value, because of dependence of barometric pressure, temperature, engine load (A/C) etc...
To disable the EGR it?s enough to set value from 1 to 0. But than you will get overboost spikes because of changed air/fuel ratio. So better is to modify egr maps and VNT maps, too.

sanscorp
10th March, 2011, 12:38 PM
thanks again, the EGR is allready mechanicly closed, this is no problem for the Euro 3 engine.
EGR closing is not essential but if it was "easy" it was a nice point to start learning :D

But you say that I could better forget ECM or whatever, and use WinOLS for this kind of stuff?

Shame I can't run WinOLS yet: still have to fix the error, won't run under win 7 X64..

The checksum is generated, how do I know it's okay? :P
Can you explain a bit how to do that in WinOLS?

Oh and, there are tons of maps that say "EGR", how do I know the right one and not mess up other settings?? :D

sarkann
10th March, 2011, 03:21 PM
If you close egr mechanicly, Malfunction Idndicating Light (MIL) appears on this car. The other problem is, that ECU expects lower air flow in low rpm and low load, because of exhaust recycling. So if you will mild accelerate in low rpm, charge pressure will be much higher as in normal status. After increasing of engine power, it will attack safe limiter.
If you want to try to change egr maps, you can recognize it by shape. Forget ecm. I personally use it only for checksum calculation. If you send me your ori file, I can give you starting adresses for egr. if I remember well, there are three egr maps in this ECU. Regards.

sanscorp
10th March, 2011, 03:35 PM
The EGR CAN be closed on a 8v ;) it is allready for about A year, no MIL, no codes.

Only the 10v and 16v give problems with a mechanicly closed EGR and need to be closed with software (1% open)

the mapping is in post 2 op topic
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/help-needed-im-o-off-ar156-edc15c7-194392/

I would like to know HOW to use it all and do it myself, that way I've learned something and I don't have to bother you all the time :P

I'm just willing to learn, not to make money, it's a hobby and the more I know about my Alfa, the better I can solve my own problems and don't need an expencive mechanic / garage.

So a short "step-by-step manual" from beginning to end would be a lot of fun for me ;)

would make me proud to say: LOOK I DID IT:D and bragg about it to other Alfa Romeo members of the club :P

sarkann
10th March, 2011, 04:39 PM
So have a look at that post and remember the shape of the map. EGR maps mainly have this shape. Try to do some changes in that map and read the values by diagnostic tool. Focus your view to expected air mass, real air flow, EGR duty cycle and real boost pressure. Let me know, if you will read something interesting ;)
I am not a chiptuner, just an amateur, hobbiest. So don?t expect me to say you everything, I don?t know it, too.

sanscorp
10th March, 2011, 04:43 PM
there lies the problem: my MAF shows the wrong value's (problem with some Bosch ECU's!)

I guess the software is universal; so if someone allready wrote a (damos) map for my software version, I could use that right?

You allready helped me well so far ;) thanks!

TribesMac
10th March, 2011, 07:10 PM
There is nothing wrong with MAF vaues, they are only displayed in kg/h instead of mg/inj...

grinovsky
10th March, 2011, 08:08 PM
hi
try with this,and repport
pw...........pm

grinovsky
10th March, 2011, 08:10 PM
sorry guys,i do mistak in threads

sanscorp
10th March, 2011, 08:45 PM
sorry guys,i do mistak in threads

Never mind, please do try it for my uploaded files.
Sorry for the reviving of an old topic, needed some "attention" from more experi?nced programmers ;)

please see my topic, all help is appriciated!
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/help-needed-im-o-off-ar156-edc15c7-194392/

Thanks!!

sanscorp
10th March, 2011, 09:01 PM
There is nothing wrong with MAF vaues, they are only displayed in kg/h instead of mg/inj...

Yes I know, some EDC15C7 ECU's do this, I replaced my MAF over it when I didn't know :( 200 euro's :@

The thing I'm trying is try out the new software (796) instead of my software (242) maybe this fixes some strange problems (like the MAF value, but also my Odometer in the ECU doesn't work, there are more strange things going on and my mechanic suggested to replace the ECU (1500 euro..)

I got my hands on a second ECU with newer software (that is not available via Examiner) and now I'm just trying to get the second ECU to work for test purposes.

As soon as I'm done with testing I will try to change the idle speed (experiment) and if that is succesful I will permanently set up the ECU for normal use and then it's over with the fun ;)

That's the reason why I'm asking your help!

OndraMarkow
25th May, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hi, I need to change the idle speed. Where can I find them? Somehow I can not find .. Thank you ...

kennfeld
26th May, 2013, 07:14 PM
there is also a adaptation in EEprom for the idle speed target
dealer can so adapt with his diagnostic to increase a little the idle rpm and lot other things without touch the flash data

bobolin4o
28th May, 2013, 06:26 AM
Hi, I need to change the idle speed. Where can I find them? Somehow I can not find .. Thank you ...

7B9AA - 1x1 fixed value rpm
7B9E2 - 6x1 afterstart rpm, dep. of coolant temp. It's active about min. ot two...

Regards!

bobolin4o
28th May, 2013, 06:29 AM
there is also a adaptation in EEprom for the idle speed target
dealer can so adapt with his diagnostic to increase a little the idle rpm and lot other things without touch the flash data
In JTD105 no such option, even with Examiner...

OndraMarkow
28th May, 2013, 07:08 PM
Thank you, I'm going to test it .. thanks

OndraMarkow
29th May, 2013, 03:20 PM
Ok, already tested. Working. Thanks.