PDA

View Full Version : What remap is better?

dusan147
4th July, 2010, 06:40 AM
I have remaped Alfa 147 1.9 JTD 8v. I use two maps.
With first I have 2.3bar of "desired boost pressure", and with second have 2.4bar of "desired boost pressure" (according to FiatECUScan 2.1). What is better map for performances of my Alfa?

rsibiza
4th July, 2010, 10:15 AM
I have remaped Alfa 147 1.9 JTD 8v. I use two maps.
With first I have 2.3bar of "desired boost pressure", and with second have 2.4bar of "desired boost pressure" (according to FiatECUScan 2.1). What is better map for performances of my Alfa?

You are searching for EGR map...but found pressure map...did you edit fueling? or just boost?

If you raise just boost,your engine is running too lean,and this will not be good to your engine...:idea:

What editing soft are you using?

michi84
4th July, 2010, 10:37 AM
You are searching for EGR map...but found pressure map...did you edit fueling? or just boost?

If you raise just boost,your engine is running too lean,and this will not be good to your engine...:idea:

What editing soft are you using?

Its not a gasser... lean is not bad for the engine... rich is bad for the engine because of high exhaust gas temperatures.... if you drive it too lean, its doing nothing.
but anyway its sensless to drive it way too lean.. little lean degreases egt, after that nothing happens, only turbo lifetime is shorter...

dusan147
5th July, 2010, 12:29 PM
I am without serious experience in tuning... But I have OBDII cable and FiatECUScan (downloaded from this site). My question is pointed on comparison of these two remap configuration:
what is better for performance according to "desired turbo pressure" numbers?

oldford
5th July, 2010, 02:00 PM
More boost normally gives more power. Unless the intake air temperature is so much hotter due to the increase in boost that the loss of hp is bigger than the gain.
On a diesel is not about how much air goes into the engine, but how much fuel. I would use the the 2.3 bar one, that's boost enough, unless you can feel and measure that the other one is much better/faster.

dusan147
9th July, 2010, 06:22 AM
I give you "turbo pressure" and "turbo pressure f(temp)" for both of maps...
Could you recommend me one of these map?
Could I give you more details?

oldford
9th July, 2010, 08:57 AM
First of all, I do not tune diesels. I do tune petrol cars, with or without turbo.
The only decent map is the second one. It's a bit high and maybe not perfect, but the way it is setup is the best of the 3 maps. I would think that the driveability is better, because with low loads the boost is lower.