PDA

View Full Version : Alientech Kess V2 V Dimsport Genius V Byteshooter etc

bodyart99uk
4th July, 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

I am just about to invest in a new OBD flash tool and am considering one of these 3 - do any of you have comments/pro's/con's of these 3? or indeed if you have any better suggestions for a good all round tool it would be greatly appreciated

batpepi
4th July, 2010, 09:46 PM
CMD flash i think is better

rsibiza
4th July, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hi all,

I am just about to invest in a new OBD flash tool and am considering one of these 3 - do any of you have comments/pro's/con's of these 3? or indeed if you have any better suggestions for a good all round tool it would be greatly appreciated

CMD flash i think is better

Every of these serial programmers have pro and contra....

Byteshooter is more stable for mercedes and bmw as for example CMD(not cloned one)

batpepi
5th July, 2010, 09:26 PM
I have CMD,BS,EVC BDM100,and some others -only genuine,no cloned one.I never had problem with CMD.I like to work first with CMD.. i can`t say for other is bad,but CMD is CMD..
Wich BMW is more stabile with BS?It still don`t work with all bmws.

gezame
6th July, 2010, 12:12 AM
I have CMD,BS,EVC BDM100,and some others -only genuine,no cloned one.I never had problem with CMD.I like to work first with CMD.. i can`t say for other is bad,but CMD is CMD..
Wich BMW is more stabile with BS?It still don`t work with all bmws.

Hi
You are rigth.
Cmd is the best, good estabile tool.
Use for years without any problem (original tool), never need booster or bmw, or any other brand car.
Regards.

Gery
7th August, 2010, 01:32 PM
i have new genius+race2000 , i like to work with Genius

pmurray
9th August, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

Depends what cars you want to do and what support you want from the tool maker!

I have many different tools and tend to chose based on the car, VAG ME7 i use the FRC, some stuff i use BS (especially boot mode) and others i will use CMD for instance.

CIRCUIT.FR
10th August, 2010, 11:21 AM
HI

Could you give me list car for good CMD (no clone).
Where i can buy this and goos price for this?

Thanks

DiegoAC
10th August, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hi, try this: CMD Technologies? srl (http://www.cmdtec.it/index.asp)
I bet Chiptunawarehouse.com (http://www.chiptunawarehouse.com) has it too.

otzi
11th August, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hi
I have BS CMD EVC BDM Powergate ford Galetto and NEw Genius wiht Race evo plus

I work bs and New Genius

:willy:

daviee
15th August, 2010, 10:02 AM
Every tool has positive and negative points,but First i recommended CMD,second BS.

worldiagnostic
18th August, 2010, 06:44 AM
Another vote for CMD Flash: fast and reliable tool.
CMD Technologies srl (http://www.cmdtec.it)
Galingas.lt - High quality chip tuning services - CMD Flash prices (http://www.galingas.lt/cmd-flasher)

The some disadvantage could be that CMD support has gone few points lower during last year.

xrhstaras77
29th August, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hi! I have CMDFlash with BDM end Genius.....(evrithing original) For me very good is CMDFlash system!

MarkPRP
29th August, 2010, 07:32 PM
I have New Genius, Powergate R ( Ford) and Galletto..

New genius is good if you have MASTER but if its locked to a dealer then sometimes it has problems seeing mutiple files if the software isnt uptodate on your computer, or server won;t let you update etc!

Alientech Powergate R is for Ford only, and works faultlessly!

servicio
2nd September, 2010, 11:35 AM
your opinione guys about the softwares
not including winols because its only for companies.
thanks.

hoga
8th September, 2010, 11:07 AM
I would go for CMD as well .

JOEEAG
8th September, 2010, 12:19 PM
is there a CMD clone ??
if so who sells them

ka-pa-za
11th September, 2010, 01:04 AM
is there a CMD clone ??
if so who sells them

I heard there is.
but still expensive and you are depending from tool hacker for software updates. it is with hacked software so it keeps working. but no clew if it is stable or not. it comes for a high price (with edc17) and probes. and you can use the software forever. but if the guy stops to hack the updates. you are stuck with it.

Better getting the new galletto clone. as it works with automatic updates. also edc17 and probes. but less expensive clone.

in my eyes clones are never worth +1000 euro.
but that is my opinion..

worldiagnostic
11th September, 2010, 10:14 AM
Any links to take a look on that Galletto clone?

P2XA
31st October, 2010, 08:59 AM
I heard there is.
but still expensive and you are depending from tool hacker for software updates. it is with hacked software so it keeps working. but no clew if it is stable or not. it comes for a high price (with edc17) and probes. and you can use the software forever. but if the guy stops to hack the updates. you are stuck with it.

Better getting the new galletto clone. as it works with automatic updates. also edc17 and probes. but less expensive clone.

in my eyes clones are never worth +1000 euro.
but that is my opinion..
interesting...

dragonlaoshi
13th November, 2010, 11:49 AM
hi i use new genius an bs croeesfire working fine but need booster an car

dragonlaoshi
13th November, 2010, 11:51 AM
advantage for genius no need internet connection for flashing you can flash 4 cars no need your laptop.

worldiagnostic
13th November, 2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, but there are more disadvantages for Dimsport Genius:
1. Read/write speed
2. Mobility problem (you need much more software/hardware to carry if needed)
3. Dimsport policy is to take all possible money from customer: everything you need additionally? - PAY. You need something new developed? -PAY!
4. The more difficult hardware construction, the bigger chance for it to get broken and not repaired fast.
Example: broken original CMD hardware is ~400EUR (you pay for software mostly). And try to ask Dimsport what you pay for broken Genius ;)

georgegt
30th December, 2010, 10:53 AM
Each tool have their advantage
BS have toolbox
Galletto make more than other gasoline engine

Best is to have all

peko
28th August, 2011, 09:58 PM
hi friends

now with tricore secured , which is better ( for me better is stable ) ?

;)

rsibiza
28th August, 2011, 10:32 PM
I use Magic Motorsport X17 for tricore ecus...

It can make OBD and Boot...covers EDC16/17 MED17 etc...

masterb
31st August, 2011, 08:25 PM
hi!

how many pl work with the NewGenius ?
Is it a really good tool ... or better buy other new flasher ?

pls tell my all your pro and cons

best regards
pe

Stanton
31st August, 2011, 11:33 PM
I used to own Genius and Race software, but sold after a number of months.

Go figure....

worldiagnostic
1st September, 2011, 08:21 AM
hi!

how many pl work with the NewGenius ?
Is it a really good tool ... or better buy other new flasher ?

pls tell my all your pro and cons

best regards
pe

Genius is too uncomfortable to use: transferring files from one device to another (it's bad when you need something to be done quickly), security keys, USB dongles, and 2 most shitty things: it's too difficult for mobile use, and another: if hardware gets stolen or broken after warranty period - you are in trouble (I mean expenses). In fact, Dimsport is a company which always thinks out, how to earn something more from their customer.
It's hard to recommend you any other tool, without knowing what are you going to work on.

Stanton
1st September, 2011, 11:27 AM
Dimsport is a company which always thinks out, how to earn something more from their customer.

100% fact.

masterb
1st September, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hello,
Work most on vag. Diesel and petrol.

edit:
So i think kess is the better solution for me ?

Sent from my HD2 Transformer using Tapatalk

clio_williams
2nd September, 2011, 06:47 AM
Especially for vag group most stable tool is Bs i think. Because the owner of EDC units' producer and bs owner are good friends... both of them are german.. Bs is the only hardware which makes it possible to boot without requiring BDM... second is CMD and third winner is Kess v2... I used them all... Also no annual subscripton.

Disadvantages: Bs is a bit slower rather than others but checksums are all included without online server connection compared to cmd.

Cmd is fast but very expensive tool(1000 eu + vat each year and boot articles veryexpensive ,too)

Kess v2 is good tool but weak in some japanese cars such as d4d toyota.chks are also included inside. additionally, sometimes make you wait up to 15 mins during id screen and such bugs take long time to be corrected by support dept. within 1 months...

Best feature of Bs is that you can easily return to ori file if you use a slave version... in other tools you have to read back mod file then send to your dealer for processing file to be converted to ori again to write back it.

augustinbz
22nd December, 2011, 01:10 AM
CMD - you have to pay annual subscriptio - 1000 euro
BS - FREE
Both of them works for about same cars.
BS is cheaper... i paid 2500 euro for BS MASTER with all modules active (EDC15/16/17) ;)

So in my opinion BS rules