PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Almera N15 problem mit engine

matekk
5th July, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hello mates! i have change oil and filters on these almera,in engine was mobil 10w40,i have fill in rowe oil 10w40 and now engine make noise when idling,i think is chain..soetimes is loud,sometime is silent,can anybody give me some advice what to do? i was thinking to buy mobil super 10w40 and put it again in engine and see what happens next..much obliged my friends!

teuton
5th July, 2010, 03:55 PM
First check oil pressure while idling( if the noise disappears with higher revs it might be oil pressure related).
what was the API specification of the oil you put in? As all engines of N 15 were built between 95 and 2000 you should use at least API SL (2002 and older).

matekk
5th July, 2010, 04:12 PM
First check oil pressure while idling( if the noise disappears with higher revs it might be oil pressure related).
what was the API specification of the oil you put in? As all engines of N 15 were built between 95 and 2000 you should use at least API SL (2002 and older).

i think it is motor oil because i am not certain of specification,before exchange engine was working just fine without any problems or noise.

dik
5th July, 2010, 04:52 PM
Does the oil light come on with the ignition and go out when engine is running, if not or oil light is not working you may have no oil pressure, this can happen when changing oil when the oil pump is worn due to oil draining from pump completely and the worn pump not pulling new oil up.

matekk
5th July, 2010, 05:58 PM
no, lamp is working just as should be working,engine is in good shape with 154000km original. tomorrow i will fill in mobil super 10w40,i just bought it and i hope this is it.

cactikid
5th July, 2010, 10:24 PM
with earlier models or should i say low mileage engines 10w 40 i would have used myself,with higher mileage would have gone for the 15w 40 a heavier oil,nearly sure timing chain is gone as they do give a lot of problems rattling after you start up 30 seconds later.

bouncycheque
5th July, 2010, 11:34 PM
If fault still there after oil change, here are a few checks you can do to diag chain problem,

When vehicle is idling, check tacho and see if its fluctuating. If it is the chain is worn

Sometimes the vehicle will intermittantly stall or become difficult to start and bring MIL lamp on. Read engine management system and look for a cam sensor fault. This is also a sign the chain is worn.

Take the chain cover off and inspect the chain adjuster, if it protrudes more than 10mm the chain is worn.

hope these little pointers help you!!!

matekk
6th July, 2010, 06:13 AM
If fault still there after oil change, here are a few checks you can do to diag chain problem,

When vehicle is idling, check tacho and see if its fluctuating. If it is the chain is worn

Sometimes the vehicle will intermittantly stall or become difficult to start and bring MIL lamp on. Read engine management system and look for a cam sensor fault. This is also a sign the chain is worn.

Take the chain cover off and inspect the chain adjuster, if it protrudes more than 10mm the chain is worn.

hope these little pointers help you!!!
you mean to check tacho to see rev counter?

matekk
6th July, 2010, 05:09 PM
people problem is solved today,i have fill in new oil,mobil super 10w40,go for a test drive,checked chain and now is running smoothly. i guess the engine is learned to work only on mobil and thats it:)