PDA

View Full Version : Netgear Wireless Router = Poor Signal

jw5876
5th July, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

I've a NetGear Wireless G Router seriel number WGR614 v 9 but the signal to my PS3 which is located in another room reaches a max of 17%.

Is there anyway in which I can boost my signal? I've been looking at a signal booster but will a taller aeriel suffice?

Bravestarr
6th July, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hi all,

I've a NetGear Wireless G Router seriel number WGR614 v 9 but the signal to my PS3 which is located in another room reaches a max of 17%.

Is there anyway in which I can boost my signal? I've been looking at a signal booster but will a taller aeriel suffice?

control your places of devices/antennas! main problem is reflection. a booster isn't a miracle cure!

maybe is a power-lan a better choice for you...

rogermcgomry
16th August, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

Since DD-WRT isn't supported for the router, trying to crank the signal up won't work, but if you cut the top/bottom off of an aluminum can and cut it in half, placing it around the antenna with the open end facing the PS3, it may give you a little more of a signal (kind of like a satellite dish).

MBP
16th August, 2010, 11:00 PM
Do you live in a fairly new house? Some houses built with foil backed plasterboard can cause issues.

The Powerline plugs mentioned above might be a good option.