PDA

View Full Version : Itgate setup

andiewill
7th July, 2010, 12:31 PM
Once the Itgate is setup with the sat tuner installed and corect image, is it ready to go or do you have to install additional cams etc.

Using V7.9 at the mo ;-)

andiewill
10th July, 2010, 05:25 PM
Dish is up nice and plum with a motorised set up, sat tuner arrived today and plugged it in, factory reset and set up box followed intructions to the tee but box can not find any transponders when in scan mode, as stated in the first question do i need to load the ccam first or am i missing something ?

plasterer
10th July, 2010, 10:44 PM
No itgate will find all channels on scan
Only free will be veiwable
The rest will become available when you subscribe
Its running here like a dream
CCcam not needed
Pity the panels down ..............Paul

If you scan and find no transponders
Your dish is not aligned correctly
Or cables are not secure

phat1
11th July, 2010, 12:37 PM
All i did was pull out the t-tuner and put in the s-tuner and went to setup then sat find to see if my SNR and AGC had a lock which it had so i done a scan and i got all channels but can only watch fta

phat1
11th July, 2010, 12:39 PM
No itgate will find all channels on scan
Only free will be veiwable
The rest will become available when you subscribe
Its running here like a dream
CCcam not needed
Pity the panels down ..............Paul

If you scan and find no transponders
Your dish is not aligned correctly
Or cables are not secure
plasterer i have a cline how do i entry it on the itgate so i can see all channels?

redondo5
11th July, 2010, 05:06 PM
All i did was pull out the t-tuner and put in the s-tuner and went to setup then sat find to see if my SNR and AGC had a lock which it had so i done a scan and i got all channels but can only watch fta

I did the same found loads of transponders on automatic scan but no services found? what is the problem likely to be?

the same sat works fine with a spiderbox 7000

phat1
12th July, 2010, 12:04 PM
I did the same found loads of transponders on automatic scan but no services found? what is the problem likely to be?

the same sat works fine with a spiderbox 7000 for me i scan the transponder eurobird/astra2a/2b/2c as this is 28.2 and channels are there

andiewill
12th July, 2010, 12:30 PM
for me i scan the transponder eurobird/astra2a/2b/2c as this is 28.2 and channels are there

i'm getting there have found some channles on 13.0 east, and now trying to fine tune the dish to thor 1.0w, which i can get a good signal reading with a slight BER on the readings, but my problem now is the dish elevation brackets won't tighten up and lock the dish in position ? i believe i may have over tighten the nuts, so got to find some way to keep it locked in position.

But getting there slowly but surely, once i have done this i will try eurobird/astra2a/2b/2c as this is 28.2.

Ahh sorted now time to play, it was more fine tuning that did it, and i will endeaver to tune it even finer once i get the time but things are comin in on astra :-)

andiewill
13th July, 2010, 08:36 AM
I want to load the cam but what folder do i put it in var / bin / ?

phat1
13th July, 2010, 09:07 AM
FRECK POSTED THIS SO ALL CREDIT TO HIM HOPE IT HELPS Ftp cccam 2.1.4 to tmp then goto software update with your controls and choose manual install(yellow button i think) and youll see cccam_2.1.4_full.tar.gz,press ok to install and leave the box do its thing, then goto blue buton and you should see it in your cams.
Ftp files to var/etc if your going down that road

redondo5
13th July, 2010, 09:21 AM
for me i scan the transponder eurobird/astra2a/2b/2c as this is 28.2 and channels are there

i scan on 28e but no channels..... will try to reflash. i'm currently on ukur 7.9

stan654
14th July, 2010, 02:44 AM
is there a cccam 2.1.4 for itgate ...

mept1
14th July, 2010, 11:28 AM
plasterer i have a cline how do i entry it on the itgate so i can see all channels?

edit the config file,.....usally get instruction from supplier

mept1
14th July, 2010, 11:29 AM
i'm getting there have found some channles on 13.0 east, and now trying to fine tune the dish to thor 1.0w, which i can get a good signal reading with a slight BER on the readings, but my problem now is the dish elevation brackets won't tighten up and lock the dish in position ? i believe i may have over tighten the nuts, so got to find some way to keep it locked in position.

But getting there slowly but surely, once i have done this i will try eurobird/astra2a/2b/2c as this is 28.2.

Ahh sorted now time to play, it was more fine tuning that did it, and i will endeaver to tune it even finer once i get the time but things are comin in on astra :-)

may require locking nuts to stop it moving.

andiewill
14th July, 2010, 12:22 PM
Sorted with the locking nuts but a pain and fiddle but all done, changed the image to edg Nemisis due to the UR image has no internet update, and the edg does and apparently is rock solid.

All set up now with everything working and playing with the Cams, Channles etc and just to see what it can do, still learning but getting there.

Feel free to offer any tips to a Sat newbie nad once again cheers for the help / advice.

mept1
14th July, 2010, 01:42 PM
Did you add the extra url with the edge image? then edited the config file for your clines? if your going that route!!

bugsy
14th July, 2010, 04:18 PM
Extra url for edg nemisis 24752
Just ftp into var/etc.
Press blue button twice,
Download panel
Download extra for all cams etc.

Cheers,
bugsy.

andiewill
14th July, 2010, 04:34 PM
Yes i did that yesterday after a tyreing day and putting it in the wrong folder but got there in the end, i have downloaded some cams but don't know what they do as yet, at the mo nothing but this cline thing eh I will look into it....