PDA

View Full Version : PS3 complete repair guide

dazza78
7th July, 2010, 06:42 PM
not my work but theres a lot of helpfull stuff in here!!!

Playstation 3 Repair Guide - PS3 Fix, PS3 Troubleshooting

Is your PS3 Broken ?

Don't Pay for Costly Repairs! Fix Your Console Yourself in Hour

PS3 Problems?
Need Playstation 3 Repair? This guide will walk you step by step in fixing your console. Don't send your Ps3 away for costly repairs, Fix it yourself and save the money for Games.

We have compiled easy detailed instructions from your Ps3 troubleshooting to getting your Ps3 Fix so you can start playing right away.
Contents at a Glance

1. Ps3 common problems
2. Ps3 Repair Guide
3. Ps3 repair guide - Bonus

4. PS3 Repair Guide - Video
5. Playstation 3 News
6. The Complete PS3 Repair Guide

Contents at a Glance

1. Ps3 common problems
2. Ps3 Repair Guide
3. Ps3 repair guide - Bonus
4. PS3 Repair Guide - Video

5. Playstation 3 News
6. The Complete PS3 Repair Guide
7. Playstation 3 News on Google
8. Yellow and Red Light Repair for PS3

Ps3 common problems
Here are just few common problems that our Ps3 Repair Guide covers:

1. How to clean the Blu-Ray lens in your PS3.
2. Fix the PS3 Bluetooth controller issue.
3. PS3 No Display.
4. Fix the Blinking Playstation 3 problem.
5. PS3 Freezing games and Movies.
6. Repair PS3 blinking red light
7. Fix PS3 yellow light of death or Ylod
8. Solution to PS3 internet browsing problems
9. how to deal with PS3 error codes
10. Other common PS3 video issues & more.

You could easily repair these PS3 Problems at home, using our guide.

While if you prefer to send it to a certified repair center, it would cost you $125 plus shipping and handling. Not to mention, you have to wait for weeks to get your hands on your console, also - they do not always guarantee a PS3 fix.

Save money on Ps3 repairs! Not only you will learn how fix your own console, You can even make money using our guide. You could buy broken Ps3s at a low price. Then use this guide to repair them and sell them for huge profits.
Ps3 Repair Guide

Learn how to Repair Ps3 and save the money for Games. Why spend $125 and wait for weeks to get your Ps3 fix, when you can easily fix it now and start playing?
Ps3 repair guide - Bonus
Plus! Turn your PS3 into a working PC by installing the Linux operating System!

This guide also has detailed instructions on how to install & uninstall Linux (Fedora, Yellow Dog, & Gentoo). It also has instructions on how to use simple DNS, how to play online & access the Sony store without updating your PS3, how to replace your PS3 hard drive, how to set up Windows & Linux media servers with your PS3, and a lot more. This means that you can also Download Movies and watch them from your PS3!

Also: Transfer iPod Files to your PS3!

You can also use this guide to learn how to transfer files from your PC or from your iPod to the PS3. Learn how to get your PS3 to recognize your External hard drive, how to connect your PS3 to PC speakers, How to change from 'NAT type 3' to 'NAT type 2', how to make a lag switch and more.

hope this helps alot of peeps out!!!!!!
dazza Download:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1269&act=down

available in the download section

dnt 4get to say thanks

johnfox1
11th July, 2010, 06:01 AM
i have heared these are availiable in videos also

darian2watts
22nd July, 2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the tips. I generally use these brushes for all my last time edits. Keep them coming.

ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) | ps3 modchip (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)

pandya
2nd June, 2011, 10:30 AM
If you are going to do it invest in Artic Silver 5 thermal compound it last a lot longer

wulbert2001
25th November, 2011, 10:53 PM
my ps3 switches off after ten min help plz

andy1weir
25th November, 2011, 11:06 PM
prob ylod m8, get a new one

Bann32
27th November, 2011, 06:48 PM
Ylod, can be fixed using a reballing machine, shop near me does em pretty cheap, but the cost of repair is erractic.

Im assuming you have a fat PS3, if so, depending on cost, get it. You might want to think about selling it and getting a new(er) one.

Bann32
27th November, 2011, 06:49 PM
If its switching off after 10 mins take it apart clean it and sell it to cash converters or someone like them who in my opinon take advantage of those who are skint

eddie4x
3rd December, 2011, 01:55 PM
or watch this very good vid step by step :)

PS3 Yellow Light of Death Fix - YLOD Repair Guide - The Gilksy Files! (http://playstationlifestyle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2376)

sorry not sure if im allowed to post ext links but its very good hope this helps

wine gum
27th December, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ps3 red light stays on switch on and makes noise for 2-3 seconds and then red lights comes on flashing

smokey_jnr
4th January, 2012, 11:14 AM
hey guys,

have any of you come across the problem where only on the XMB and when on 1080p their is no sound but when you play a game the sound works fine.

also the picture is not clear you get little wihite dots flashing up all over over the screen but not when playing a game...?

any ideas.?

Gambit
20th April, 2012, 10:56 PM
I'm hoping this does the trick for me. Replaced the lens successfully and all worked, but after reassembling the loading motor won't engage... :(

jcaldwelljrjr
24th April, 2012, 02:52 AM
how easy is it to fix the red screen of death on the ps3?

jcaldwelljrjr
24th April, 2012, 03:26 AM
why does the pdf look encrypted? does it have a password or do i need some special program to read it?

jcaldwelljrjr
24th April, 2012, 03:26 AM
that's the ps3 repair guide im talking about in the earlier post

albistro
17th July, 2012, 08:27 PM
hey guys,

have any of you come across the problem where when the power button is pressed, the power LED changes from red to green for about a sec or two, then powers off..??

Doc Doobie
29th October, 2012, 08:08 AM
I try to give you props at reg, but i guess your ps3 nick isnt the same as on here. I have fixed two different ps3 now, and both couldnt make it passed a one day test. Being an computer tech, and know I was on the right track to breath a longer life into these machine...thought maybe a little more reading from some who been fixing them may help. Short of redesigning the damn thing, not sure what to do. Hoping to find a real cheap way to upgrade the cooling system. New to the ps3, but I see why people like it. But it is still not better than the work horse called the fat ps2.
IMHO!

Doc:celtictop:

nIMaaZx
14th November, 2012, 10:35 AM
hi .
Yellow lights are 100% fix it?
Since the
If the firmware update when the light is yellow and then turn it off.

thank you .

Navanax
18th November, 2012, 11:30 PM
I've just tried applying the arctic silver 5 to solve the problem but I'm still getting a flashing red light preempted by a quick yellow flash. Any pointers?

jackwanted123
21st November, 2012, 01:00 AM
I have Disasssembled the whole PS3 Cleaned everything perhaps I should have used the arctic silver compound Hmmm, time to take apart again. :beheaded: :2in1:

sif9651
27th December, 2012, 12:17 PM
Can u upload all the manuals for Play station

pandatamer
14th February, 2013, 07:41 AM
wondering if anyone could help. I have an older model ps (cech-001) and the usb ports have stopped working. Its a daughter board and i have bought a replacement that did not fix the issue. was curious if anyone else has had the same issue and/or if anyone has repaired it. thx in advance.

eclipser
14th March, 2013, 01:03 PM
I hope this helps... I've got a ps3 slim and after some time, it turns off making 3 beeps and a flashing red light...

Frogger
16th March, 2013, 03:32 AM
wondering if anyone could help. I have an older model ps (cech-001) and the usb ports have stopped working. Its a daughter board and i have bought a replacement that did not fix the issue. was curious if anyone else has had the same issue and/or if anyone has repaired it. thx in advance.

Sounds like it could be a driver issue....

Fire the ps3 into safe mode and see how it go`s.....

bullseyemods
16th March, 2013, 04:16 AM
my ps3 switches off after ten min help plz

it sounds like its plane old dirty i have repaired many with this problem with a simple cleaning and artic silver. the crap thermal paist sony uses has all pushed out and there is nothing left for heat transfer

bullseyemods
16th March, 2013, 04:25 AM
sounds like a possible south bridge issue. disassemble and push down with force on south bridge and try to use usb while holding force on the south bridge. if this makes it work the south bridge will need to be reflowed at minimum, best to be reballed. try if don't work reply and there are other possible issues
On second hand before you disassemble the unit, how about giving the usb ports a simple power test. if you have a digital multimeter even a cheapo from a hardware store this is very easy. test each pin as shown and compare your reading to that of the diagram, you need to know were the problem is if its in the d communication or the power. these are two different problems. reply with your findings. and be careful!! not to touch the ground leg of port to any other leg. smd fuses can be hard to find sometimes when you pop them

bullseyemods
16th March, 2013, 04:31 AM
I hope this helps... I've got a ps3 slim and after some time, it turns off making 3 beeps and a flashing red light...

ps3 slims can be very tricky in comparison to a phat to diagnose. but if it runs for several minutes before shutting down i would have to guess your machine is dirty on the inside and needs to be cleaned and have new paste applied. or as i call it in my shop ( a tune up) i do as i call tune ups all the time and well extends the life of the ps3