PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre error problem

BevS
8th July, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hi all,

I have just bought a 2000 Fiat Punto, the previous owner had their own CD player in it and rremoved this and replaced the original Blaupunkt... I am getting an error saying "check".

The manual said that this is an anti theft measure and that it prevents the need to enter the code every time power is disconnected... it just goes through the check procedure an away you go... but alas not !!!

I have a code for it (according to the manual this allows you to use it in a different car) so i disconnected the battery in the hope of getting to the stage of being prompted for the code... but all i got was ... "check"

Please please if anyone could shed some light i'd be eternally grateful :D

Bev

DECOCO
8th July, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hi all,

I have just bought a 2000 Fiat Punto, the previous owner had their own CD player in it and rremoved this and replaced the original Blaupunkt... I am getting an error saying "check".

The manual said that this is an anti theft measure and that it prevents the need to enter the code every time power is disconnected... it just goes through the check procedure an away you go... but alas not !!!

I have a code for it (according to the manual this allows you to use it in a different car) so i disconnected the battery in the hope of getting to the stage of being prompted for the code... but all i got was ... "check"

Please please if anyone could shed some light i'd be eternally grateful :D

Bevthat means that your unit is loocking for immo
you must do cancheck OFF
post your unit model/serial number and the you will get help
all best

BevS
8th July, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hi
The model name is Fiat Punto MID and the serial number is BP9374Y0987953 and the unlock code is 1255

M1DJF
9th July, 2010, 08:57 AM
the only way with you problem is its locked to the original ecu and only way round this is to read the eprom I think its 25c160 and upload the dump(content of the eprom) so it can be deactiveted.

Hi
The model name is Fiat Punto MID and the serial number is BP9374Y0987953 and the unlock code is 1255