PDA

View Full Version : Autoenginiuty Pro Bundle or Launch x431?

HoomanR
8th July, 2010, 10:10 PM
I am looking to buy either Launch x431 or Autoenginuity Pro Bundle?
I work mostly on domestic and Asian in the US. Not much Japanese.

What would you guys recommend? I have used old version of Autoenginuity, worked decent, lots of times not connecting with usb until a few tries, but did a lot of functions and controls beyond just sensor and dtc reading.
No experience with Launch x431 but lot of people say it covers more than AE?

AE is cheaper and also cheaper updates..and also US made/easy to get fixed.

automite
12th July, 2010, 05:09 AM
I am looking to buy either Launch x431 or Autoenginuity Pro Bundle?
I work mostly on domestic and Asian in the US. Not much Japanese.

What would you guys recommend? I have used old version of Autoenginuity, worked decent, lots of times not connecting with usb until a few tries, but did a lot of functions and controls beyond just sensor and dtc reading.
No experience with Launch x431 but lot of people say it covers more than AE?

AE is cheaper and also cheaper updates..and also US made/easy to get fixed.

Buy a Snap-ON MODIS and an X431 then only factory scantools afterward; Ford IDS, Chrysler DRB3 & StarScan or StarMobile, GM Tech2...

HoomanR
12th July, 2010, 05:19 AM
Ya I have a Tech 2, an IDS, and a FLY 108(ford and honda factory clone)

Just looking for a good well rounded tool to help with the easy one off cars we do occasionally, or do some of the cars we dont have factory for at the moment. I think I will go with the x431, thanks for your help.

rp1210a
12th July, 2010, 04:34 PM
x431 is not that good for domestic. but you pretty much have that covered with your tech2 and ids. x431 is great for euro and asian. Ae is pretty much great for everything. AE has a few more bugs than x431 and modis but i would pick it over the x431.

HoomanR
12th July, 2010, 06:43 PM
Really? AE over x431? AE I will have to buy European coverage too, and it makes it more expensive then. Hmmmmm plus updates I think are about the same for both. AE I have to use laptop but x431 can use standalone which is advantage to free up use for other tools/techs....tough decision

teuton
13th July, 2010, 04:59 AM
Do have launch x 431 infinite and like it. BUT: it's really mediocre on domestics. On european and asian it's great in relation to its prize. AE is just great on the domestics, if you need europeancoverage you'll have to spend extra money.

So it will depend on your needs.

Klmauto
13th July, 2010, 02:35 PM
I have AE over 3 years - works great for the money + $100 for year update !!!

Air
6th September, 2010, 05:14 AM
Can the AE do with Passenger presents system to calibrate the passenger seat on Chryslers car
?
I have AE over 3 years - works great for the money + $100 for year update !!!

spoonman
2nd February, 2011, 01:16 PM
you shoud have both, i have launch and you can get more codes details with launch, but you can't calibrate passenger seat, with AE you can calibrate but you get less info than the launch