PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox 1/2 update worries

C64
14th April, 2008, 04:59 PM
I see that ASTRA has released a TSOP fix for the older Eurovox's, I wonder if this means that he's not going to be working on a standard EV1/2 fix.

What this means is that Eurovox 1 and 2 users will need to jtag their boxes and upgrade the firmware to a reworked version of the EV Max firmware, this will make their existing EV1/2 remotes useless and they'll need to replace them with EV max remotes.

I can see a lot of EV1/2 boxes ending up on local dumps, lol

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 05:36 PM
There;s some MAX updated firmwares in the download section m8.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=28

I'm sure the newer boxes won't be left behind!

smirnoff_rules
14th April, 2008, 05:53 PM
Eurovox 1 and 2 r old boxes now kaos , l have one l use in my office , same if they get left behind they have been a great box over the years (5 years) and survived where others didnt , cant be arsed with all that jtag stuff and max remotes , l'll just add keys to watch the footy

C64
14th April, 2008, 05:58 PM
I wonder why Hackmax didn't just fix the EV1/2, why force people to jtag it and lose remote control functionality.

I suppose there must be a reason for it, just seems like a long winded fix to me, why not just add his fix to the last working firmware that was released for the boxes.

smirnoff_rules
14th April, 2008, 06:02 PM
must be getting a back hander so they can sell the newer ones lol

C64
14th April, 2008, 06:08 PM
must be getting a back hander so they can sell the newer ones lol

I'm saying nothing on that mate, but I've got a few opinions ;)

jaybee101
2nd June, 2008, 04:42 PM
anyone no where to get a working remote for the 1/2

Barnsley Bill
13th June, 2008, 04:22 PM
hate to p*ss on your bonfire..but theres been a proper fix out for donkeys...seek and you shall find.

woody
13th June, 2008, 06:52 PM
i know what your saying but its not that hard to convert it to a blue box also the ev2 remotes are a pain in the a*se to get hold of so if anything its a bonus :-) because i broke my ev2 remote

dashlee
9th December, 2008, 08:20 AM
hey guys... tried jtagging a eurovox max red everything went well.... brought it back ti life but the display on the front of the box keeps changing and it has no signal on the channels ?? any ideas people. thanks