PDA

View Full Version : Clone Xprog-M damage CAS2 flash, need help

jckhing
10th July, 2010, 10:59 AM
I've bought a clone of Xprog-M v4.5 full authorization from China seller. Before this I had the "gold box" clone 9S12X programmer v1.54 too.

I use the "gold box" to read dump of the CAS2 BMW 320i E90 with MC9S12DG256C-2K79X. It has successfully read & save the flash.bin and the eeprom.bin. But when I try to write back an edited eeprom dump, the software show ok but it was not written into the CAS2 when I double checked.

Then I bought a China clone of Xprog-M to write the eeprom. First try successful and it was working when I plug in the car but when I try to program a second time, my clone Xprog-M show "device is silent" and it seems that the flash of the MCU is destroyed and it is not working when I plug in the car, it shows a logo with a car jacked up. But I don't have any backup using Xprog-M. The problem of the programmer is solved by plug in an adapter during programming and it won't shows "device is silent" again.

I've try to write the flash.bin backup using "gold box" but it'll hang whenever I press load. The dump read out file format size is different for the "gold box" and the Xprog-M. One is 256kb & the other is 2048kb in size. I've also try to write the dump backup from "gold box" using Xprog-M but it seems that not suitable as the file size is different.

Any suggestion i could revive the CAS2 module again with my clone Xprog-M? Or is there anyway to use the "gold box" to write back the flash.bin back to the MCU? Thanks for the advice.

episcop
10th July, 2010, 02:27 PM
I've bought a clone of Xprog-M v4.5 full authorization from China seller. Before this I had the "gold box" clone 9S12X programmer v1.54 too.

I use the "gold box" to read dump of the CAS2 BMW 320i E90 with MC9S12DG256C-2K79X. It has successfully read & save the flash.bin and the eeprom.bin. But when I try to write back an edited eeprom dump, the software show ok but it was not written into the CAS2 when I double checked.

Then I bought a China clone of Xprog-M to write the eeprom. First try successful and it was working when I plug in the car but when I try to program a second time, my clone Xprog-M show "device is silent" and it seems that the flash of the MCU is destroyed and it is not working when I plug in the car, it shows a logo with a car jacked up. But I don't have any backup using Xprog-M. The problem of the programmer is solved by plug in an adapter during programming and it won't shows "device is silent" again.

I've try to write the flash.bin backup using "gold box" but it'll hang whenever I press load. The dump read out file format size is different for the "gold box" and the Xprog-M. One is 256kb & the other is 2048kb in size. I've also try to write the dump backup from "gold box" using Xprog-M but it seems that not suitable as the file size is different.

Any suggestion i could revive the CAS2 module again with my clone Xprog-M? Or is there anyway to use the "gold box" to write back the flash.bin back to the MCU? Thanks for the advice.

This R250 files, from CAS2 E60

jckhing
10th July, 2010, 11:45 PM
This R250 files, from CAS2 E60

I've the original backup by "gold box", the flash.bin is 256kb in size and the eeprom also 4kb in size.

It seems that "gold box" can't write back the flash. If I use clone Xprog-m to write the 256kb dump it will become useless as the calculation is different. Flash read by Xprog-M is 2048kb in size. Anyway to change the 256kb to 2048kb for use in Xprog-M or change the Xprog-M to read/write only 256kb flash bin file? Thanks

carsolution
11th July, 2010, 03:39 AM
I think it is a conversion problem.
The bin file is different from the hex file, one takes more space than the other.
Tell me in what format the xprog writes and the size the file must have to program with xprog.
Send me the backup dump to try make the conversion.
All this if the MCU is ok or else all of this is unuseful.
Regards,
Nuno

kentzee
11th July, 2010, 01:32 PM
conversion file for X-prog M

jckhing
13th July, 2010, 12:36 PM
Problem solved by reading another car CAS2 flash using clone Xprog-M and restore to the damage CAS2. Thanks for the information.

jckhing
13th July, 2010, 12:41 PM
conversion file for X-prog M

May I know how to do the conversion?