PDA

View Full Version : image/cccam update problem

phat1
10th July, 2010, 11:05 AM
Well i ran into another problem,I have a tgm220 and i swapped the tuner to a sat tuner running v7.9 on 28.2 astra and have all the fta channels.I have a laptop with usb serial converter for a null modem cable the cable i used as a null modem cable is in fact as i now know is not a null modem cable as i cant get the laptop and the itgate to talk,so i have now ordered one from ebay,My question is is there anyway i can change the firmware to edg nemisis 4.4 with ethernet cable or is there a way i can but cccam 2.14 on the itgate so i can c/s,or is it best to do nothing till the null modem cable arrive's,Thanks for any info

andiewill
10th July, 2010, 11:31 AM
If the server was working i believe it could be done via ethernet but the server is down, i would wait for the null modem cable, and again i would of gone to the local computer shop as they are cheap as dirt compared to the high street computer shops but fleebay or amozoon is fine as well if you dont mind the wait.

phat1
10th July, 2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks again for your reply,i got 1 on ebay for 5 euro i rang around where i live and i could only get one for 16 euro.I was thinking that there was nothing i could do till i get the null modem cable,well at least i have fta channels,I'm nearly there lol!

phat1
15th July, 2010, 12:45 PM
need help if poss,the null modem cable arrived and i connected it to the usb serial converter pluged it into my laptop and had to set up a driver for it and it said it connected ok,put when i try to do a flash,it says failed to connect to device,any advice on what i'm doing wrong?

andiewill
15th July, 2010, 01:39 PM
I had the same problem with 7.9 it was refusing to flash, so i followed the pdf file that came with control center 2.1.

I am not at home at the moe but i think it went like this below:-

You will need to use serial flash mode Choose file to flash in control center and set it up and press nothing.
On your box turn it off and hold the up button.
You will come to a menu page and scroll down to serial flash.
You then have to press down or right, it will tell you through This process.

and then it should start flashing and enjoy with nemisis as it is a good image and connects to the server once you set it up but we will come to that once you have flashed your box.

Remember use image for the box make ie:- tgm220 image to tgm 220 box.

Don't make the mistake i did thinking if you change the tuner to a sat it becomes a tgs, it took me a while to figure that out lol.

phat1
15th July, 2010, 01:54 PM
i got it to work but when it gets to 100% it comes up error, so do i need tgm220_update.img not tgs220_update.img as i'm using that,Thanks again

bugsy
15th July, 2010, 01:57 PM
need help if poss,the null modem cable arrived and i connected it to the usb serial converter pluged it into my laptop and had to set up a driver for it and it said it connected ok,put when i try to do a flash,it says failed to connect to device,any advice on what i'm doing wrong?

Did you check that your com port is correct.

bugsy
15th July, 2010, 02:00 PM
i got it to work but when it gets to 100% it comes up error, so do i need tgm220_update.img not tgs220_update.img as i'm using that,Thanks again

That's it the tgm tuner will work in the tgs box so you need the tgm image.

phat1
15th July, 2010, 02:05 PM
That's it the tgm tuner will work in the tgs box so you need the tgm image.
Thanks bugsy im going to flash with tgm220_update.img and see how i get on,i will post the out come

bugsy
15th July, 2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks bugsy im going to flash with tgm220_update.img and see how i get on,i will post the out come

Don't forget to put the extra url in var/etc to get all the cams and plugins after flash.

andiewill
15th July, 2010, 02:55 PM
Remember use image for the box make ie:- tgm220 image to tgm 220 box.

As stated in previous post :-)

phat1
15th July, 2010, 05:53 PM
Don't forget to put the extra url in var/etc to get all the cams and plugins after flash.How do i ftp something on to the itgate,i open itgate edit i click on ftp,what do i do next

andiewill
15th July, 2010, 07:07 PM
Itgateedit wont do it that is for sending over your channle bouquets and sorting them out, you will need an ftp client to do this then bobs your uncle....

Try this below..

phat1
15th July, 2010, 07:16 PM
Itgateedit wont do it that is for sending over your channle bouquets and sorting them out, you will need an ftp client to do this then bobs your uncle....

Try this below..
How do i work it?

andiewill
15th July, 2010, 07:31 PM
Unrar the file and open the program, once open there will be 2 windows, in the right hand window there is a icon like a lightning bolt, click on that and go quick connect, enter your box ip address, and user name = root password = leave blank and it should connect to your box.

Your box files should show up, then click on var > etc.

In the left hand window in the drop down part at the top, locate where you saved your url extra file and highlight, and on the toolbar there is a icon to transfer selected.

then transfer over to your box files on the right job done.

phat1
15th July, 2010, 07:42 PM
Unrar the file and open the program, once open there will be 2 windows, in the right hand window there is a icon like a lightning bolt, click on that and go quick connect, enter your box ip address, and user name = root password = leave blank and it should connect to your box.

Your box files should show up, then click on var > etc.

In the left hand window in the drop down part at the top, locate where you saved your url extra file and highlight, and on the toolbar there is a icon to transfer selected.

then transfer over to your box files on the right job done.that the job it transfered,do i need a cccam or am i sorted now,i want to but in a cline?

andiewill
15th July, 2010, 08:15 PM
that the job it transfered,do i need a cccam or am i sorted now,i want to but in a cline?

That bit im still reading about ? but im sure some one will answer soon ....

phat1
16th July, 2010, 11:59 AM
i have ftp the extra file to var/etc but when i press the blue x2 it comes to download addons but i cannot find the extra file or any file that will let me download ccam,i ftp edg-nemesis 4.4 ccam2.13.image to tmp/ to manual install but i cant find that either in software update or the blue button,Any advice would be greatful on how i can put a CCcam onto the box would be great.Thanks

bugsy
16th July, 2010, 01:23 PM
i have ftp the extra file to var/etc but when i press the blue x2 it comes to download addons but i cannot find the extra file or any file that will let me download ccam,i ftp edg-nemesis 4.4 ccam2.13.image to tmp/ to manual install but i cant find that either in software update or the blue button,Any advice would be greatful on how i can put a CCcam onto the box would be great.Thanks

Hi mate,
In the download panel it should look like this,
1 download addons
2 download extra
3 delete addons
4 manual install
No.2 is the one you want if you haven't got that your url is wrong, if so tell us what you have in var/etc/extra.url

bugsy.

phat1
16th July, 2010, 03:28 PM
i got it,i dont even know how i got it,but its there