PDA

View Full Version : '05 C class mileage

chris_e36_328
10th July, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hi guys,

Quick questions, is correcting mileage on an 05 C class using digi master fairly straight forward (within a reason of course)? Are both memories fairly easy to manipulate?
My experience isn't huge but I'm happy with soldering and manual adjustments as in say 03 passat. That's relatively easy but need some basic info on the MB so I dont bite more than I can chew.
Any info would be much appreciated.Cheers.

z786
10th July, 2010, 05:45 PM
your gonna be working with an EIS, if you kill it, no start

dragomirg
11th July, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hi guys,

Quick questions, is correcting mileage on an 05 C class using digi master fairly straight forward (within a reason of course)? Are both memories fairly easy to manipulate?
My experience isn't huge but I'm happy with soldering and manual adjustments as in say 03 passat. That's relatively easy but need some basic info on the MB so I dont bite more than I can chew.
Any info would be much appreciated.Cheers.

Which "both memories" are you talking about? And what do you mean by "fairly straight forward"?
Maybe the problem is in me, but I did not understand very well what your problem is and what your question is... I suppose you could get help, if you write a clear question.

PremierD
11th July, 2010, 11:47 AM
Which "both memories" are you talking about? And what do you mean by "fairly straight forward"?
Maybe the problem is in me, but I did not understand very well what your problem is and what your question is... I suppose you could get help, if you write a clear question.

The question posted mate is very simple ... he wants to alter the miles on a vehicle that he has never tackled before ... The two memories he will be referring to (although there are more ) will be the cluster and the EIS/EZS ....The former is straightforward.. the EIS however is not ..and as advised above he risks immobilizing the vehicle .... will that do as an explanation mate ...?

dragomirg
11th July, 2010, 04:25 PM
The question posted mate is very simple ... he wants to alter the miles on a vehicle that he has never tackled before ... The two memories he will be referring to (although there are more ) will be the cluster and the EIS/EZS ....The former is straightforward.. the EIS however is not ..and as advised above he risks immobilizing the vehicle .... will that do as an explanation mate ...?

Yes, sir, this is a much better explanation, but as you said there are more devices that should be done too. And one more thing - the cluster is straightforward, but I am not sure that he can change the service history information with the tool that he has... So, it is not very straightforward.
About the EZS - it would be good to get some help from someone who has more experience at least the first time. If he breaks the EZS - well, it is not so difficult to fix it ;)

Good luck!

PremierD
11th July, 2010, 05:20 PM
Yes, sir, this is a much better explanation, but as you said there are more devices that should be done too. And one more thing - the cluster is straightforward, but I am not sure that he can change the service history information with the tool that he has... So, it is not very straightforward.
About the EZS - it would be good to get some help from someone who has more experience at least the first time. If he breaks the EZS - well, it is not so difficult to fix it ;)

Good luck!

Ok . I said that the cluster was straight forward .. it is , the service data is in one of the (other units) assyst menu , and fixing the EZS is easy .. sure it is mate ;)