PDA

View Full Version : VP44 REPLACED AND NOT WORKING

topdog101
11th July, 2010, 06:30 AM
Hi all,

I have sent my VP44 (Audi Allroad TDI V6) for repair in Poland, they have fixed the driver on top of it , and sent it back to me two weeks later.
I re-installed it and started my engine : Nothing !!! My engine would not start at all.

Made a diag, and result was 01318 No communication !! my question : Do I need to perform something with my diag tool in order for that pump to work ?. Do I need to tell the ECU that a new pump has been installed and how ?. I own a launch X431.

Thanks for your help guys !

Note : That pump worked before been sent to poland, except the my engine never reached 3000 rpm. And we found that the driver was defective.

chli1976
11th July, 2010, 09:39 AM
What bulding year are the car, if it is immo3 then look here
Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_Injection_Pump_Swapping)

Or the ecu from the pump are not programmed

gejzaslapka
11th July, 2010, 10:00 AM
What exactly was done with this pump??
repaired control module or new control module?

GS

topdog101
11th July, 2010, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=chli1976;674504]What bulding year are the car, if it is immo3 then look here
Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_Injection_Pump_Swapping)

Or the ecu from the pump are not programmed[/QUOTE

Hi,

The car is 2001 - Audi Allroad TDI V6 2.5L

does it help ?

topdog101
11th July, 2010, 12:11 PM
What exactly was done with this pump??
repaired control module or new control module?

GS

Well, I sent them my pump, they returned it to me with with sealed screws. The case was the same as I sent it .
I guess they repaired it !!

ChipGods
11th July, 2010, 12:40 PM
If it was your original unit, it would usually retain its original coding, so the only assumption can be that the repair was not effective or has failed soon after repair. The reason the VPD EDC unit becomes defective is due to the quantity spoolling solenoid not operating efficiently.. which causes a much higher draw on the electronics than was originally 'quite cleverly' designed by Bosch. We do alot of repairs on these units, and from what i can see over the last two years, our repairs seem to be more effective than any others we have seen, but it has taken us several months to perfect the repair. My advise is to get it back to your repairer for testing if they have the ability to function test the EDC. If the Function test is ok for the EDC, then the fault can only be the solenoids or the pump mechanically. Unfortunately the EDC units are trim calibrated to solenoids, so swapping the solenoid for a replacement is not always a good idea but you can try it.
Despite all said, your fault code suggests the edc unit repair has not been effective.

topdog101
11th July, 2010, 01:02 PM
If it was your original unit, it would usually retain its original coding, so the only assumption can be that the repair was not effective or has failed soon after repair. The reason the VPD EDC unit becomes defective is due to the quantity spoolling solenoid not operating efficiently.. which causes a much higher draw on the electronics than was originally 'quite cleverly' designed by Bosch. We do alot of repairs on these units, and from what i can see over the last two years, our repairs seem to be more effective than any others we have seen, but it has taken us several months to perfect the repair. My advise is to get it back to your repairer for testing if they have the ability to function test the EDC. If the Function test is ok for the EDC, then the fault can only be the solenoids or the pump mechanically. Unfortunately the EDC units are trim calibrated to solenoids, so swapping the solenoid for a replacement is not always a good idea but you can try it.
Despite all said, your fault code suggests the edc unit repair has not been effective.

My Gosh, it costed me 1000Euros !! I'll have to send it back then.
You know , I hear a sound (buzzzz)when I turn it on, and when I turn ignition off I still hear it. My error lamp blinks too.
So, this will not be effective ???... Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_Injection_Pump_Swapping)

Thanks for your kind help

gejzaslapka
11th July, 2010, 03:16 PM
1000? ..... it is very much.. on the control module must be visible some differences if the module is new (part with connector),
some info about your error code 01318 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01318)

GS

mage
11th July, 2010, 04:04 PM
Code cannot be erased?
Try this (found this on the internet)
01318 (2.5TDI)
unplug battery 12 hours
replug battery, then try erase the faultcode.

PierreTheron
11th July, 2010, 04:42 PM
On the nissan vp44 there is a short wiring harness that gets corrosion in the connector plug. Not on the pump side but on the other side.On the Nissan a fault code that relates to no communication to pump control unit is stored when this is the case. So check connectors and continuity on wiring to pump.

topdog101
12th July, 2010, 11:52 AM
1000? ..... it is very much.. on the control module must be visible some differences if the module is new (part with connector),
some info about your error code 01318 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01318)

GS

I saw it, it's new ... the connector is new . I went to see the code it's 01318 "no communication" . I'll perform some diag in 12 Hours, since code cannot be erased I unplugged the battery. Then I'll see.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks

topdog101
12th July, 2010, 12:02 PM
On the nissan vp44 there is a short wiring harness that gets corrosion in the connector plug. Not on the pump side but on the other side.On the Nissan a fault code that relates to no communication to pump control unit is stored when this is the case. So check connectors and continuity on wiring to pump.

I'll do that ... Thanks my friend !! I'll let you know my findings.

ChipGods
13th July, 2010, 12:53 PM
The fault code relates to no CAN signal being transmitted from the EDC of the pump. The edc comms with the main engine ecu on CAN H-L. We can have a look at it for you, but working on someone elses repair we never like to do. Also its worth noting there are only 2 ways to test these edc unit. by 1 is Bosch Deltaphi which is ?150,000 and as such you might be hard pushed to find a non-bosch agent that owns one. way 2 is by means of Bosch KTS with the the correct additional cables, this will give means to basic function test and readouts that are not possible by OBD2 diagnostics in the vehicle. We have a tool developed just for us, which incorporates some functions of KTS and some additional features we required. These 2 ways are the only proper way to gain the right info to diagnose.

Your fault code which relates to CAN error most certainly identifies the EDC is not powering up correctly if at all.

1000 euro's also is alot of money for a repair to a hybrid part. We charge between ?250 to ?350 MAX if the board requires a full rebuild. thats including shipping in most cases.

My advise is to send it back straight away.

topdog101
14th July, 2010, 08:08 PM
The fault code relates to no CAN signal being transmitted from the EDC of the pump. The edc comms with the main engine ecu on CAN H-L. We can have a look at it for you, but working on someone elses repair we never like to do. Also its worth noting there are only 2 ways to test these edc unit. by 1 is Bosch Deltaphi which is ?150,000 and as such you might be hard pushed to find a non-bosch agent that owns one. way 2 is by means of Bosch KTS with the the correct additional cables, this will give means to basic function test and readouts that are not possible by OBD2 diagnostics in the vehicle. We have a tool developed just for us, which incorporates some functions of KTS and some additional features we required. These 2 ways are the only proper way to gain the right info to diagnose.

Your fault code which relates to CAN error most certainly identifies the EDC is not powering up correctly if at all.

1000 euro's also is alot of money for a repair to a hybrid part. We charge between ?250 to ?350 MAX if the board requires a full rebuild. thats including shipping in most cases.

My advise is to send it back straight away.

Thanks !! So what do we need to do !!.. Our way is of sending it for repair is really the toughest of all. We're in Madagascar. We have someone who comes to France every week( flight crew), and from there she ships it to anyone who can fix it.
The car is of course in our country , and think about our worries when the repaired thing doesn't work... it's a real headache.
I trust you can fix it !! No doubt.. but since we had that person , and he said if it doesn't work we can return the pump back to his shop for another check.
I will send it back to his shop, with untouched seals , and if he fails , then --- I'll get back to you -- I know it's embarrassing to check on someone's work, but I'll kindly ask for your help.
We're been suffering too long !!..
I'll keep you posted.

THANKS

ChipGods
15th July, 2010, 10:22 AM
Our only option would be to transfer the coding to another edc unit, simply because the coding is trimmed to the solenoids.. running another edc on your pump that has not been calibrated to its solenoids will almost certainly throw up injection faults. :-s Let me know how you get on.

dimitar22
15th July, 2010, 01:42 PM
Can i use any obd connector to transfer coding, directly from the pump connector, and if i can where is the best place to buy.

Thank you in advance

imhsar
17th July, 2010, 05:39 AM
:barscarf: these are some videos, i found it. check this out...
and tell me if any problem comes.

YouTube - VP-44 Install and Removal Series 1 of 5
YouTube - VP-44 Install and Removal Series 3 of 5, Part 1
YouTube - EDC Removal Instructions - Bosch VP44 VP37 VP30 Diesel Pumps

Hope it will help you:slug:

topdog101
21st July, 2010, 07:33 PM
Our only option would be to transfer the coding to another edc unit, simply because the coding is trimmed to the solenoids.. running another edc on your pump that has not been calibrated to its solenoids will almost certainly throw up injection faults. :-s Let me know how you get on.

Geeee !!!!!!! You know ? The pump has arrived in Paris by the time I'm writting this, (hand carried). The person who repaired it is leaving for vacation tomorrow, and will return only in August 27th .
I will ask for refund. But my problem remains the same, inoperative pump, it took us 4 trips back and forth (in two months) from our island to europe, no thinking about handling charges.
Is there a way in your side to have it fixed ?.. Since it's in Paris, we 're close to any country in Europe. I'd be happy to send it to a competent shop or person , and have it reviewed/fixed once and for all.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may provide us.

topdog101
21st July, 2010, 07:36 PM
:barscarf: these are some videos, i found it. check this out...
and tell me if any problem comes.

YouTube - VP-44 Install and Removal Series 1 of 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZR5an9LCY)
YouTube - VP-44 Install and Removal Series 3 of 5, Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtH1KzIVX8)
YouTube - EDC Removal Instructions - Bosch VP44 VP37 VP30 Diesel Pumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXHxXUdB3U)

Hope it will help you:slug:

Watch this too !!!!
Steuerger?te Einspritzpumpe Defekt - kein Problem !!! (http://www.vp44diesel.de/fr/home)

AlexChen
26th July, 2010, 02:28 PM
Hi all,

I have sent my VP44 (Audi Allroad TDI V6) for repair in Poland, they have fixed the driver on top of it , and sent it back to me two weeks later.
I re-installed it and started my engine : Nothing !!! My engine would not start at all.

Made a diag, and result was 01318 No communication !! my question : Do I need to perform something with my diag tool in order for that pump to work ?. Do I need to tell the ECU that a new pump has been installed and how ?. I own a launch X431.

Note : That pump worked before been sent to poland, except the my engine never reached 3000 rpm. And we found that the driver was defective.
Few days ago,I reapir a truck ISUZU NKR77(4JH1,VP44).It is the same sitautaion like your audi,but the trouble code is P0100-c.It mean the air flow mass is fault,the air flow mass lock in 1800mv and the rpm can't over 3000.
In Taiwan,the ecu in ISUZU NKR77 is very stupid,you don't need do any immo setting after reapir the pump.
1000euro...too....,We can exchange every parts of VP44(except housung).
Good Day:idea:

bekamon
26th July, 2010, 06:32 PM
I have had many experiences with this type of pump and have come to the conclusion that can not be repaired or at least no one can actually repair the well, which I recommend is to change it to another you are sure it is good

dafdiagnos
26th July, 2010, 07:06 PM
if the pump has no communication is it getting all of it's power supplies & earths?

jjas40
6th August, 2010, 02:33 PM
hi
I have changed the pump electronic module VP44.
the car is audi a6 2.5 tdi year 99, motor afn
Now the car will not start.
I have tried to codify the pump with the method of this post but not working.Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_Injection_Pump_Swapping)
extra field is not the string of numbers: vin and immo id.
I think this car is immo2.
anyone know how to code this pump ?
I need help to start this car.
thanks and regards

antibisic
7th August, 2010, 09:45 AM
If your car start and in one second shut down you have to make immo code but if car does not start at all you have another problem with fuell or something

greg123
16th August, 2010, 01:59 PM
The issue of 'does it need coding in' or immo errors is mute, there is no communication. You can get a full recon pump looking like brand new for way less than that in the UK, why did you send it to Poland? Anyhow you need to send it back or get a refund presuming you didn't just have a communication/non pump problem before and it's actually the car that has the problem not the pump.

Greg.

oep
16th August, 2010, 02:46 PM
I had problem with this pump also.
Car owner sent his pump for rebuilt and installed back he couldn't start engine.
I made immo off and started car, but engine didn't behave as it should. Didn't work normally, jerking etc.
Then I sync pump using vag-com, enabled immo and car runs fine.

I think whoever did rebuild didn't do job well (probably).
If he did you should start car normally or just have immo problem. That's all.

szwajcarek
18th August, 2010, 09:03 AM
Hi
The problem is not only in electronics (PSG 5 Controller - burned MOSFET transistor). You should ask your self why the transistor goes down. In most cases it is because of mechanical problem inside pump. There is no sense in only repairing PSG 5 controller (soldering a transistor for 1 euro). If you are seriously in car repairs you should do an complex repair including mechanical damages. Complex repair in Poland costs about 700-900 Euros, but it is highly possible that you payed 1000euro only for transistor swap - but of course I may be wrong.

Regards

P.S
I am from Poland, and it is a common problem here, so beware of cheaters.

topdog101
24th September, 2010, 08:07 PM
I had problem with this pump also.
Car owner sent his pump for rebuilt and installed back he couldn't start engine.
I made immo off and started car, but engine didn't behave as it should. Didn't work normally, jerking etc.
Then I sync pump using vag-com, enabled immo and car runs fine.

I think whoever did rebuild didn't do job well (probably).
If he did you should start car normally or just have immo problem. That's all.

Hi,

Wanted to know more as I got another brand new pump !! (Months have past since my last post....)
I'm still getting the same problem.. I checked with my vag.com and I could see that pump needs coding. I followed all prodedures in Ross-tech, for adaptation, but I'm stuck with the request of "importer code" ..
I have all except the SKC, which is hard to find .. wanted to go ahead with pin, but I'm stuck too .

any idea ??..

Poptest
25th September, 2010, 12:00 PM
Audi dealer should code the pump to the engine. Otherwise it will not start.

zoro1
27th October, 2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry ,but 1000 Euro...Here in Bulgaria new pomp VP55 is 600 Euro ,programing /adaptation with the car is 150 euro,in
Bosh service centre.

counder2000
4th January, 2011, 07:47 PM
use a pump to pump fuel to vp44 pump.i think there is no fuel inside fuel pump. i has replace a second hand pump in my nissan same can't start . so i use pump to pump fuel into suction of fuel pump . hope this will help u:cheer:

cipijoint
5th January, 2011, 12:09 AM
the vp44 for the 2.5 tdi needs a real hard work bleeding.
i had this engine for me, its a nighmare to be unbleed.
a special pump to suction complete air from the pump and fill it with diesel need a job of 10 minutes .
via flooding diesel towards the entrance of pump, nits not really solution because air will remail in the injector side .

but anyway, when I was without diesel, no error code on the pump via vagcom.,
vagcom dont know diagnostic on vp44 vag cars.

zoro1
6th February, 2011, 10:38 AM
Hi all,

this error means that electronic module is dead.
CAR DIAGNOSTIC SHOP - VP44 REPAIR (http://car-diagnostic.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=36&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=162&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26)

counder2000
11th February, 2011, 04:56 PM
short circuits in module

counder2000
11th February, 2011, 04:58 PM
is there +12v at module when ign in key on

bio222
11th February, 2011, 08:37 PM
Just a thought i have hade this problem on a zafira running a vp44 pump it was a coded ign key problem that makes the dash ecu lamp flash to let you know it has lost its imoboliser signal

Sousa
20th April, 2011, 11:55 PM
Hi
Is the car allready worcking ?
regard?s

Saniok888
16th November, 2012, 03:45 AM
Hello, I have apsolutly same problem on my Audi Allroad 2.5 tdi 2002 year make, we change already 3 pumps from 100% runing cars, and stil not working, and same diagnostik troble code in ECU, and same sound bzzzzz in solenoid.... We checked all contacts and wires, every thing 100% good, we tryed tom do adaptations of immo, stil not working...
How did you sorted out you problem???????
Thanks in advance

fhyeo77
17th November, 2012, 01:21 AM
Hi,
Tell me if you have the bosch pump number, i will tell you if you need to code it or not, for all audi pump after last week 2001, needs to be coded to inmobilizer pin, and this is only posible by an oficial dealer, no tool can do this.
If your pump/car is made before last weeks from 2001, then your car doesnt start due to a bad bleeding action, or due to a bad working pump. Also if the pump is right, and you dont install pump on the right begin of injection point, car will not start.