PDA

View Full Version : Winols file

joshuac
12th July, 2010, 11:51 AM
hello people

my question is: it's possible protect files in winOls nobody can open and see the modifications??

regards
joshuac

ipejasinovic
12th July, 2010, 12:36 PM
Protect opening on PC or reading protect from ECU?

joshuac
12th July, 2010, 01:15 PM
protect to open again in Winols

I read manual and i see it's possible but i can understand how to works.

regards
joshuac

ipejasinovic
12th July, 2010, 08:07 PM
Why would you do that?

Goups
12th July, 2010, 08:19 PM
They only way to protect your files is on ME7 or EDC15.
You can use a protection board and nobody can't read it.

For later ECU, there is no real protection. You can always use a BDM to retrive the data (of course if the BDM pads are still there.... But you will also lock yourself out.

edc
12th July, 2010, 10:17 PM
Why would you do that?

for example to protect your work ...

ipejasinovic
12th July, 2010, 10:27 PM
From who? It doesn't make sense!

1. If you need to protect your files, you can archive it with some tool like WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip etc... and put password on archive.
2. If you want to sell you file, but don't want to someone other use it, that someone must be in some master/slave relationship with you.

But, in the end, there is no protection against old fashion reading...

joshuac
13th July, 2010, 08:31 AM
ok i explain the sense of my question.
I buy one file an chiptunner, then i put on the car and all works very very fine. Then i try to see the file with WinOls, but i have one error:

"This software version cannot be processed, since it is already modified"

Some guys tell me this file is protect for not read with WinOls. Now i try to understand how this protect works...

In ECM2001 i can see the maps....

regards
joshuac

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure how they do that, but I had similar situation. The conclusion was: You can put few bytes in some free space (if exist ofc), which is out of check-sum and that should be indicators, is something modified or not. If program finds that bytes in file, it refuses to open it. I believe, same thing is with WinOLS. But, that is only protection for WinOLS.

joshuac
13th July, 2010, 09:22 AM
yes i too think its only bites, and when you open, WinOls reads that bites and open or not.

This is reason for understand the protection:barscarf:

I try to simulate with WinOls this situation but without success...

Because than i will go to compare original and protect,....

Someone can do more ideas???

Someone knows how to protect in WinOls??

regards
joshuac

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 10:43 AM
Can you upload one of those files?

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 04:57 PM
Here is a tool for unlocking this files. It requires .NET 2.0 to run...

LICENSE:
1. This software is freeware and can be freely shared.
2. Selling this software, in any kind, is prohibited.
3. This software is provided "AS IS", use it at Your own risk.

If You agree with above terms, you can use this software.

Note. If sw say protection V1 or V2, you are sure about unlocking. If say V3, he will try to remove protection, but I'm not sure about results... It may work, it may not.

tango
13th July, 2010, 05:25 PM
the protection u are on about isnt really protection

what it is is the file was modified in winols and the tab insert spi tag was ticked.
this stops winols rereading the file
all it does is insert evc.evc into the file
u can then open the file in any hexediter software and replace the evc.evc with ff's
then it will open in winols (it will ask u to correct the checksum)

hope this helps

asfore the older files that use an encryption board these can be read too but u need a program that unencrypts the files.

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 05:56 PM
Nop. This is about NOREAD problem. And also, there is few version how can it be written into file.

tango
13th July, 2010, 06:01 PM
noread = byteshooter
cmd.cmd = cmd flash
evc.evc = evc/superchips spi and winols sw

if u open the file that winols cant reread in hexeditor software ie hex workshop u will see the tags that either winols puts in or other people put in

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 06:12 PM
Yep, but WinOLS can add NOREAD too and because of that it blocks opening. With all other marks, I can open file in WinOLS.

tango
13th July, 2010, 06:16 PM
heres an example for you
this file was tuned with winols (im not going to tell you what vehicle its for)
it has 2 tags in it
noread and evc.evc
try to load it into winols and it should tell u that its allready modified so wont open (only newer winols does this ie v1.500 etc, not the older versions.)

then do as i said above and try to open it in winols after removing the tags and resaving

tango
13th July, 2010, 06:18 PM
Yep, but WinOLS can add NOREAD too and because of that it blocks opening. With all other marks, I can open file in WinOLS.

you are stating exactly what iv said
thats why i also said just remove the tag with any hex editing software then reload the new untagged file into winols and correct the checksum
you then have the tuned file without any tags in it

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 06:25 PM
Yep. This is standard WinOLS NOREAD. But, today I've found a few examples with some custom NOREAD. One was really radical. Whole one map was replaced with NOREADNOREADNOREADNOREADNOREAD etc... so, I've write this little tool to restore original state of that map using original, not modified file...

tango
13th July, 2010, 06:28 PM
Yep. This is standard WinOLS NOREAD. But, today I've found a few examples with some custom NOREAD. One was really radical. Whole one map was replaced with NOREADNOREADNOREADNOREADNOREAD etc... so, I've write this little tool to restore original state of that map using original, not modified file...

id say that was someone elses handy work then not a winols or other chiptuning program thats made it.

ipejasinovic
13th July, 2010, 06:29 PM
Probably .

tango
13th July, 2010, 06:32 PM
the file iv posted is made with winols
and only has 2 tags ..... noread and evc.evc

joshuac
13th July, 2010, 10:50 PM
thanks to @ipejasinovic (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/56306-ipejasinovic/) to help open the archive.

Iask sometimes about this but nobody help.

Now i can open the archive in the WinOls

many thanks @ipejasinovic (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/56306-ipejasinovic/) :barscarf:

regards
joshuac

BubbaFet
20th July, 2010, 09:28 AM
heres an example for you
this file was tuned with winols (im not going to tell you what vehicle its for)
it has 2 tags in it
noread and evc.evc
try to load it into winols and it should tell u that its allready modified so wont open (only newer winols does this ie v1.500 etc, not the older versions.)

then do as i said above and try to open it in winols after removing the tags and resaving

LOL try flashing that file, then try to read in from the ECU again.. The try to read it from the ECU again.. LOL

seriously if you're stopped by a friggin simple NOREAD in the dump, then you might not faff about with chiptuning.

ble
10th August, 2010, 03:30 PM
How it`s run?

jnoroeste
10th August, 2010, 05:23 PM
They only way to protect your files is on ME7 or EDC15.
You can use a protection board and nobody can't read it.

For later ECU, there is no real protection. You can always use a BDM to retrive the data (of course if the BDM pads are still there.... But you will also lock yourself out.

Hi M8', If ecu can reads, programmenrs can do it for sure, you may need desolder protection socket and set it on programmer, then set protected chip/flash and you will read full, burn it in a virgin chip and enjoy without protection socket.
Regards.

Goups
10th August, 2010, 07:40 PM
Hi M8', If ecu can reads, programmers can do it for sure, you may need desolder protection socket and set it on programmer, then set protected chip/flash and you will read full, burn it in a virgin chip and enjoy without protection socket.
Regards.
I never tried to read it directly with a programmer.

However, I tried to read an ECU with boot mode that has this kind of socket. It didn't work.

midnightman1
20th November, 2019, 07:27 PM
just compare files in hex editor (not total cmd) and replace added winols tags with their protection by FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

you will see when comparing, OLS is adding some hex string somwhere in file ( usually before checksum to FFFF space)..just erase it!

Ignasvw
21st November, 2019, 08:36 AM
With original winols you can put invisible noread,which cant be found in hex editor.
but still with winols 1.5 you can open file like this.