PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 UK NSI 1997 mileage correction

fasgen
12th July, 2010, 10:37 PM
Hi All!
I'm newbie here so forgive me if anything wrong...
I'd like to change mileage on my Audi A4 with UK NSI dash 93c56 eeprom. The only problem i have it's soldering/desoldering chip's, ecspecially when i see this tiny thing on a board. yes i do know it's the safest and most accurate way to do the job, but i would preffer to use any different way without desoldering chip to read/write data on it. Anybody give me a clue please?
Have seen some clips (probes?) are they good for such a little chip like 93c56
So please any advises for on board programming (am i calling it right?) more than welcome?
Thanks in advance!!!:party:

ESER
12th July, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hi All!
I'm newbie here so forgive me if anything wrong...
I'd like to change mileage on my Audi A4 with UK NSI dash 93c56 eeprom. The only problem i have it's soldering/desoldering chip's, ecspecially when i see this tiny thing on a board. yes i do know it's the safest and most accurate way to do the job, but i would preffer to use any different way without desoldering chip to read/write data on it. Anybody give me a clue please?
Have seen some clips (probes?) are they good for such a little chip like 93c56
So please any advises for on board programming (am i calling it right?) more than welcome?
Thanks in advance!!!:party:
Here the program. Should help.

carsolution
13th July, 2010, 12:43 AM
Be careful because reading and writing in circuit sometimes can damage the dashboard.
To save some money you can spent a lot at the end.
Regards,
Nuno

Ramzai
13th July, 2010, 04:22 AM
Here the program. Should help.

UK NSI not to make through OBDII.

fasgen
13th July, 2010, 07:39 AM
Be careful because reading and writing in circuit sometimes can damage the dashboard.
To save some money you can spent a lot at the end.
Regards,
Nuno
So only way to do it properly desolder it put in programmer and solder it back? So what for all this clips designed for? Thanks for replies, guys!

fasgen
13th July, 2010, 08:45 PM
So only way to do it properly desolder it put in programmer and solder it back? So what for all this clips designed for? Thanks for replies, guys!

so what other ways to reprogramm such a chip without soldering?

autocargo
13th July, 2010, 09:03 PM
so what other ways to reprogramm such a chip without soldering?

Yes Nuno is right, you could read it in circuit but you may corrupt dump so the safest way is to desolder and read/write out of circuit. For that type of board I don't know any other way of reading dump. So it's up to you read in circuit and pray that all would be ok or go the safe and sure route and desolder chip.

breakeur59150
14th July, 2010, 04:38 PM
which chip i have to desolder please ?

And if i correct the mileage of the digital counter, should i have to do something on the ecu ?

Thanks.

autocargo
14th July, 2010, 10:17 PM
which chip i have to desolder please ?

And if i correct the mileage of the digital counter, should i have to do something on the ecu ?

Thanks.

If you are talking about the same dash UK NSI then is 93c56 eeprom, you only had to read this tread from beginning to find all out. The mileage/km are stored in dash. I wouldn't bother with ecu, only eeprom in dash.