PDA

View Full Version : BMW EWS3 Transponder

Operator212
13th July, 2010, 04:52 AM
Hello all does anybody know if you can program the transponder of the BMW Key with the GT1 DIS or SSS I see choices in the "Service Function" portion of the DIS to "Enable/Disable Key but when I click on that on the Component box it doesn't do anything. It just says "none" and there is nothing else. I have tried SSS I select "CKM" then "Car and Key Memory" but this is only to modify options when you turn your car on it's actually just settings. I'm thinking that there is a way to do it with DIS as I read a whole 4 pages of the EWS3 system. I don't want to get a BMW key programmer just to do one key If I can do it with the GT1.

Thanks in advance!

andresfn18
13th July, 2010, 08:39 PM
you can`t do it by scanner, you need a key programmer!!!

lupu_sandu
13th July, 2010, 10:23 PM
Get gambit key programmer ~ 80$ on China.
Get X-ProgM ~ 150$ on China.
Remove EWS from car, read with XprogM (if is 0d46J u can read ews thru ews connector, if is 2D47J u need to remove MCU).
Load dump in gambit and generate new chip (PCF7935AS).
LE: Easiest method to get new key on BMW (and cheaper).

Operator212
16th August, 2010, 02:51 PM
Ok I have the BMW Key programmer but it's saying to desolder the MCU (0D46J) and then place it on the masker I am not good at desoldering and i am afraid to mess anything up is there anyother way around the soldering just to read the EEEPROM to get to the dump?

maaxxyy
17th August, 2010, 12:14 AM
You can read od46j on board with bmw key programmer, tricky part is lifting the 2 or 3 pins, its a pain but can be done with some patience.
I,m sure you can program keys with NCS Expert, providing you have set up the admin screen for key coding.

Operator212
17th August, 2010, 02:45 AM
I have to use M1 switch first and then read the EEEPROM and then switch to M2 I have the OD46J connection but it only connects to the M2 side. When I follow the instructions it says "No Echo from MCU" whatever that means, In other words it won't read the MCU unless its plugged somehow to that M1 side. What pins 2 and 3 do I lift out on the EWS circuit board?

drivesure
17th August, 2010, 07:59 PM
i use a ews k-line reader for the 0D46J chips. no lifting of pins. $100 from the chinese and read ews in 5 seconds.

Operator212
18th August, 2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah thats what I was looking for originally thats the one that plugs into the EWS unit correct? You don't have to take out the PCB

maaxxyy
18th August, 2010, 03:36 AM
no echo means the switch is playing up or bad contact to pins ews board. I had the same problem with my bmw key programmer. I removed the switch and bridge 4 of the contacts to select each mode. The trouble with this programmer is you cant load a file to make a key, you need to read ews with wires connected to board before you can go to the programming screen. I,ve attached the manual. But more detailed pinouts are on the program.

Operator212
19th August, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Maaxxyy thanks for the info which connections did you bridge did you open up the Key programmer itself and solder anything? Another thing the wires that I am supposed to solder to the PCB are very short so it's a little harder to solder them precisely onto those pins.

bali motor
19th August, 2010, 07:30 PM
safer to read the dump EWS on board.
I never had a problem with this. I only use the bmw keymaker.
except for reading the chip ews01, should open the chip from the board and use ETL for read it

or use this

http://www.cardiagnostictools.com/keyr.shtml

http://uobd2.com/wholesale/BMW-Key-Programmer-Free-Shipping-1558.html

regards

Operator212
20th August, 2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah I have the one on the left but the wire that is supposed to plug in to the M1 came too short UIF tech sells a programmer also that comes with the 0D46J connector ready to go here is a pic. I emailed them to find out how much this one sells for but to no avail they haven't responded to the message yet. Anyone that has this particular Key maker please chime in and let me know what you think. thanks

simon77
20th August, 2010, 10:15 PM
i have the key maker that you show in your atachment i have used it to read the ews and have done around 100cars with it. somtimes have problem with writing to the 7935 chip but i use other tool for that now and just use the keymaker to read eprom . you need to clean eprom very well and cut 1 line on the pcb . when finished just solder it back up.
regards

simon77
20th August, 2010, 10:18 PM
also you cannot use gt1 or any other original bmw tool to program keys . all bmw keys are pre-coded with the info that is contained in the ews or cas . the only way to do them is to read eprom and program blank key with info from eprom.

Operator212
23rd August, 2010, 03:53 AM
Even with that connector you still need to cut the pin?

sogaro
23rd August, 2010, 05:41 AM
What if this is a donor EWS3, whats the solution (s) available?

simon77
24th August, 2010, 08:25 PM
yes if you do not cut the pin it cannot read .use a fine blade make a cut on the pcb clean and solder it takes 2 min.

simon77
24th August, 2010, 08:26 PM
depends on what u want to do with doner ews3

sogaro
25th August, 2010, 04:12 AM
What would i want to do with it other than use it with old ECU so car can work? The question is how do i do it?

pianoman58
25th August, 2010, 10:42 PM
op 212,
Are you still struggling with bmw key, are you in uk, if so where, can i help you, this job usually takes 2 minutes

vanos batam
25th August, 2010, 11:06 PM
What would i want to do with it other than use it with old ECU so car can work? The question is how do i do it?
For what?
When you make ews3.let me know.

xgate
27th August, 2010, 12:53 AM
you can not make BMW keys with GT1 or SSS.

You need a BMW KEY MAKER like AK90 from china,
with this device you can read all ews eeproms and
make a key.

Operator212
27th August, 2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks Simon did it and was a little nervous I was going to mess something up I read the dump but when I write the dump to the key it say "Mistakes not write" Anybody know what is going on now the dump I extracted from the EWS was a 512kb file is that the normal size for the file. Thanks in advance

xgate
27th August, 2010, 02:48 AM
Hello,
post the ews file, i can verify if it's good.

Operator212
27th August, 2010, 04:50 AM
BIN file was good thanks everybody.

Operator212
27th August, 2010, 07:24 AM
I posted the dump xgate. BIN file was verified as good thanks

simon77
27th August, 2010, 09:24 PM
when it says mistake key not write you need to put a blank 7395 chip with the pointed edge pointed down in the hole of the ews tool . you should then see the blue bar start moving across the screen. keep trying with chip in diferent positions in the hole till the blue bar moves fast and steady(try to find away of keeping the chip steady and not by holding it with your hand). if you have the chip in the key it will not work!!.
once it has written it will check you should get check ok if not write 5 times and try on car .
the first ews tool i got writes 7935chips first time the 2nd one i got gives me the above problems.
regards

Nabil1987
27th August, 2010, 10:03 PM
you can`t do it by scanner, you need a key programmer!!!

I think you can program key withe dealer tool.
the gambit have the fuction to generat imag dumps for
E60 E64 E65 E87....!!

Operator212
28th August, 2010, 12:53 AM
You mean take the chip from inside the plastic case Simon?

digitel
29th August, 2010, 01:30 PM
hi
anybody know that where is EWS on BMW 530i?
thx

Operator212
29th August, 2010, 02:50 PM
It should be underneath your steering column and is covered with a plastic trim held in by 3-4 screws. Be careful after removing the screws your speaker, OBDII connector and your courtesy light are all attached to the trim piece. After removal just look up and to your left it should be a white box with a yellow or black connector on it depending on your year. Good luck

simon77
29th August, 2010, 08:01 PM
yep remove chip from key it wont read it other wise the bmw key maker was not designed to be used with keys just with the chip. just put what key you want in the box click make key and watch the blue bar (very inportant so as not to waiste your time,)
regards

Operator212
30th August, 2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks Simon i'll try that out it would have been nice if that would have been included in the user manual which is very very vague pics are good but instructions left something important like that out cheers mate.

maaxxyy
4th September, 2010, 03:16 AM
Used ews modules can be reused, read original with x-prog, save dump and flash to new ews. Sometimes the elmos mcu are at fault. There is a programming screen on NCS expert if you go into the settings screen, which enables key programming features. Its all in German, so can be tricky unless you speak German (but not 100% of the full features). EWS can be reset to factory state to accept original keys if you have EWS Editor. This works the same as ording keys from the dealers as this enables all 10 tracks and resynchs keys as soon as the ignition is switched on. New keys must be programmed with BMW key programmer, using old tracks from ews to clone old keys to new.

Operator212
4th September, 2010, 06:00 AM
when it says mistake key not write you need to put a blank 7395 chip with the pointed edge pointed down in the hole of the ews tool . you should then see the blue bar start moving across the screen. keep trying with chip in diferent positions in the hole till the blue bar moves fast and steady(try to find away of keeping the chip steady and not by holding it with your hand). if you have the chip in the key it will not work!!.
once it has written it will check you should get check ok if not write 5 times and try on car .
the first ews tool i got writes 7935chips first time the 2nd one i got gives me the above problems.
regards

Ok i'm ready to throw all of this in the garbage pretty soon
I took the chip out of the plastic key fob and put the chip every and any which way I could a lot more than 5 if not 100 times in different positions and the message always says "Mistakes NOT read" after the blue bar reaches the end now what is the problem? Anyone have this much trouble with these key makers? Please help I am very desperate at this point

maaxxyy
4th September, 2010, 11:52 AM
Do you have a key reader to check if the transponders are 100% blank?

Operator212
4th September, 2010, 03:20 PM
Do you have a key reader to check if the transponders are 100% blank?

No unfortunately not :banghead:

maaxxyy
4th September, 2010, 03:27 PM
I,ve been successful with my bmw key tool, only problem i had was with the switch. Shame you dont have a key reader to check the transponders.

Operator212
6th September, 2010, 03:53 AM
I,ve been successful with my bmw key tool, only problem i had was with the switch. Shame you dont have a key reader to check the transponders.

Do you know where I can get a key reader? Or any kind of software?

Operator212
5th October, 2010, 03:54 AM
Hey Maxxy I was able to read the chip that came with the remote by a friend of mine at a BMW dealer and he told me that the key had a VIN that did not match mine so the key was not a blank, it was a used remote with a brand new uncut case from ebay. I already gave the seller an earful and had to order the PCF7935AS chip and had to remove the transponder that was attached to the remotes PCB carefully, I was able to program the blank chip in about 20 seconds and voila car started. The car wouldn't start with 2 transponders that's why I removed the chip on the remote, the remote still works without the transponder on the PCB but you have to be VERY CAREFUL when removing it. Lesson learned DO NOT BUY KEYS FROM EBAY.

ishvedoff
19th October, 2010, 08:17 AM
Hello. This is BMW PCF keymaker project. PCB+SOFT+HEX
But i no have BOM (bid of materials) for this project. If anybody have please PM me.

drozda
20th October, 2010, 05:34 AM
does anyone know what processors are in the middle of bmw key programmer?
Project from fast over

knok
20th October, 2010, 06:25 AM
does anyone know what processors are in the middle of bmw key programmer?
Project from fast over
ATMEL ATMEGA32

drozda
25th October, 2010, 07:07 AM
atmega 32 to one, and the other designated as U3 in the draft two posts above, you can see that they go to him, the signals from the MAX232.
if someone knows what kind of deal?