PDA

View Full Version : *** Discount Code for buying a Linux Receiver ***

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 06:24 PM
Digital-Kaos is pleased to announce that we have a discount code for a certain online shop if you are looking to buy a linux receiver similar to the dreambox.

---------------------------------------------

BuyingThings.co.uk (http://www.buyingthings.co.uk/shop/?a_aid=52d01a63&a_bid=86e07af0)

Code: digital-kaos
Discount: ?5

Use the above code for a ?5 discount with any purchase at the above site.

Can I ask you to please use this link if you are going to buy from this site, this will help the forum out as well as your pocket!

BuyingThings.co.uk (http://www.buyingthings.co.uk/shop/?a_aid=52d01a63&a_bid=86e07af0)

Thanks
-Devilfish

smirnoff_rules
14th April, 2008, 06:27 PM
think l might replace my replaybox for a cheap dm500 ?80 with the discount is a good price .cheaper that the eurovox's at the minutes ..and l cant see a fix for the replaybox any day soon lol

tinbox11
18th April, 2008, 09:26 PM
thanks, it is the cheapest around

eliteone
19th April, 2008, 12:29 PM
sweet nice one :)

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 02:07 PM
just going to buy one but the code isnt working kaos any ideas why .. it says 91 before l enter the code and the same after ?

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 02:58 PM
Works fine for me m8....

Go to the item you want, hit 'add to cart'. Enter 'digital-kaos' (without the quotes) and then hit 'Apply changes'. Discount will be taken off and then click 'Checkout'.

Seems like there's only 1 left.

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 03:01 PM
got the last one cheers m8 .. lets hope kaos v1 is worth it lol

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 03:22 PM
got the last one cheers m8 .. lets hope kaos v1 is worth it lol

FFS - the pressures on now lol! I might need to take some more time over it.

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 03:53 PM
how about a preview video then lol .. something to wet the lips

father ted
20th April, 2008, 03:55 PM
awww boohoo i missed out again :(

theboss
20th April, 2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Kaos for the discount code. :burnout:

Digger
23rd April, 2008, 11:17 PM
r these boxes clones as i thought they had stopped making these box's, 85 quid is very cheap as i saw them for 149 on another site, like u said if its cheap it prob is a clone so what ya think they r?

Devilfish
23rd April, 2008, 11:51 PM
Yes they are clones.

They are out of stock at the moment, stock due in on 30th April.

smirnoff_rules
25th April, 2008, 04:55 PM
no show on mine yet ? anyone know how long they take ,, been 5 days sob sob lol

aftermath
25th April, 2008, 05:09 PM
Due in 30th April on their homepage mate, i had the guy phone me up the other day, asking how mine was as he had loads sent back said he got a bad batch, so maybe thats why the delay.

smirnoff_rules
25th April, 2008, 05:11 PM
o .. mine was in stock when l ordered it .. but happy to wait if there was a problem with them m8

tony30uk
26th April, 2008, 07:39 PM
just ordered one using the code but never got a ?5 discount?
:thumpdown:

maybe its because i didnt click "apply changes" !!

my fault so no discount for me :thumpdown:

Devilfish
28th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
Edited first post with another discount code.

Njoy! :)

smirnoff_rules
28th April, 2008, 10:21 AM
hope mine turns up there sites down and no one has returned my emails ..

Devilfish
28th April, 2008, 10:29 AM
Their site has been up and down in the past but always come back online.

If they're in stock it's usually 2-3 days for delivery so they may have been out of stock when you placed the order m8.

smirnoff_rules
28th April, 2008, 10:37 AM
Their site has been up and down in the past but always come back online.

If they're in stock it's usually 2-3 days for delivery so they may have been out of stock when you placed the order m8.
there was one in stock at the time been over a week now ? we will see

edit . the guy said they where out of stock when l order (~~~~in wasnt) so have to wait a few days .. if its going to happen its going to be me lol

tony30uk
28th April, 2008, 09:32 PM
i used credit card so im safe

smirnoff_rules
28th April, 2008, 09:34 PM
i used credit card so im safe

it'll be ok m8 he offered me my money back , but happy to wait

click
29th April, 2008, 11:31 PM
Digital-Kaos is pleased to announce that we have a discount code for a certain online shop if you are looking to buy a dreambox.

Code: digital-kaos
Discount: ?5

Use the above code for a ?5 discount with any purchase at the above site.

Can I ask you to please use this link if you are going to buy from this site, this will help the forum out as well as your pocket!

Here is another discount code for another site that you can also use.

DreamboxMagic.co.uk (http://www.dreamboxmagic.co.uk/product_info.php?ref=95&products_id=156&affiliate_banner_id=3)

Code: thankyou10
Discount: 10%

Thanks
-Kaos

hi sorry to say this but it happens with me i bought a dreambox from this site and the dreambox is fake now i know because wen it cames te bomb clock on gemini 4.31 my dreambox (fake) died and wen i went to the site again to tell them about this ,guess what! my details they not there on the site anymore and whem i'm going to my history account it says (there's no purchass made by you on this account) that is amaising .so the end of the story i bought something from this site that is fake in this case a dreambox
ps i send them a message and untill now notinh they don't care
i've got with me the receipt from this site that i bougth the dream fake
sorry i'm just saying this because i don't want anyone of this excelente forum
buying the dream box thinking the dreambox is real
sorry my english but this happen with me
bye for now
:(

Devilfish
29th April, 2008, 11:57 PM
Dream stopped making the DM500C over 2 years ago now.

Any Dm500 you buy is a fake. And at the price you paid for it, that should have been obvious. A genuine DM500C was ?135 from a main dream dealer.

We have the means here to help you get the box working again. ;)

click
30th April, 2008, 12:13 AM
Dream stopped making the DM500C over 2 years ago now.

Any Dm500 you buy is a fake. And at the price you paid for it, that should have been obvious. A genuine DM500C was ?135 from a main dream dealer.

We have the means here to help you get the box working again. ;)

ok many thanks to the reply just to say the dreambox(fake) that i have is a drembox 500s(fake) and i didn't know that information i'm new so i didn't know
many thanks bye for now

gav12345
30th April, 2008, 01:15 AM
not the cheapest around i see cheaper

they sell each expensive but they have buy 2 get one free and that is cheap

with the strong tuners as well

tony30uk
30th April, 2008, 08:59 AM
who sells buy 2 get 1 free?

gav12345
30th April, 2008, 09:28 AM
who sells buy 2 get 1 free?

pm sent m8

gav12345
30th April, 2008, 06:26 PM
pm sent m8

http://ghf-trading.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=103

tony30uk
1st May, 2008, 12:00 PM
i emailed them today asking for a refund and got this reply

No we haven't got them in stock yet but I have asked our supplier to hold on
for a bit.

The reason for this is due to all the recent raids. We are based in
Blackburn and there has been 6 in the town so far. Now if they come in to
us, they could potentially take all the stock and see all our customer who
have ordered and that I definitely want to avoid. If I have none in stock
for a short period and stop all transactions then they cant go any further
if they cant find anything.

Please be patient with us and I will try my best to keep you up to date.

i have mailed back and asked for my card to be re credited anyway, i will order from elsewhere

smirnoff_rules
1st May, 2008, 12:34 PM
just asked for mine back aswell . to open ended that for me

tony30uk
1st May, 2008, 01:04 PM
let me know how you get on with your refund and i will do the same, ive requested a read recipt with my email ive sent but no reply as yet, i paid through nochex so it may have to go to them if he insists i wait till they think about restocking

tony30uk
11th May, 2008, 11:52 AM
personally i wouldnt buy anything from this company again, no stock when they said, taken cash and im told to wait till they decide to reorder some stock, not acceptable and now they refuse the curtesy of a reply to my emails.
its now going to my cc company and they will recoup the cash

please be aware if you order from this company your in for a long wait !

jayjayuk
27th May, 2008, 10:04 PM
i orderd 1 a few months back it came next day, they even phoned up to check i wanted it :) lol

was great service :)

theboss
28th May, 2008, 11:36 PM
I have waited on mine since 20th april. I have payed through PAYPAL. Gave him another 2 emails today as the sight says they are back in stock, but if no reply I will have to contact PAYPAL

Devilfish
29th May, 2008, 10:19 AM
I got this email from him yesterday.

DREAMBOX 500C - BACK IN STOCK

Just dropping you a quick email, to let you know the good news. Dreambox 500C is back in stock but are limited.

If you have pre-ordered, they shall be shipped as soon as possible. If you haven't yet placed your order, HURRY as we again have limited stock as these are in MASSIVE DEMAND!

Many Thanks for your patience and thank you for shopping at BuyingThings.co.uk

He's usually a stand-up guy and if you phone him, I'm sure he'll tell you straight!

hawkish
29th May, 2008, 10:57 AM
Just had a look and the price for 500c has gone to ?69.99 -?5 = ?64.99.

Offer ends 4th June

tony30uk
30th May, 2008, 05:07 PM
i paid ?92 inc delivery and now its ?69, best thing about it is i still havent recived it yet !
he rang me the other day and said it was dispatched and was giving me ?10 off which makes it ?82 inc delivery which still makes me about ?6 or ?7 out of pocket compared to the new price !!!!

not happy
:beheaded:

smirnoff_rules
30th May, 2008, 05:20 PM
l cancelled mine cant remember wot he wanted now .. l was lucky and got a frozen one off ebay and worked with a new image on first time .. 40 quid bargain

Gueststar
7th June, 2008, 11:12 AM
Bought one from them was received in a couple of days replied to all emails
can only say any issues people are having were addressed in his statement.

highly recommened:beer:

ronaldo121
7th June, 2008, 11:34 PM
ordered one a few days back no response yet!

nono_748
27th June, 2008, 04:11 PM
Hi

The product is out of stock for the dm500S

Nono

dnwatts
27th June, 2008, 09:50 PM
I take it this deal isnt working anymore?

gredders
29th June, 2008, 11:11 PM
I hope they get more in soon, I need a replacement box

NineLives
28th July, 2008, 03:32 PM
BuyingThings.co.uk don't do the DreamBox anymore as they got 'done' for clone boxes, instead they have the BlackBox 500C which is the exact same as the DreamBox 500C but just looks different.

I know the company and I know they had allot of stick from the officials hence why they have taken a different root that makes it legal to sell.

?84.99 - a fiver.. Yeh, it seems a bit more expensive then DVB but they give you the full UK 12month hence why I buy from them. I bought a clone direct from China and it stopped working after 3month and I'm still waiting for a reply :(

Hope this helps ;)

----------------------------------

Just got an email from BuyingThings.co.uk

They have a sale on for the BlackBox 500C @ ?69.99!!

Enjoy :)

mrdude
29th July, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well i just ordered one - so thanks for the discount code, I'll sell my old dreambox 500 and use this instead as it will look better sitting next to the xbox elite I have because it's black.

mrdude
6th August, 2008, 01:30 PM
Well I got my box today and it's working:

TBH the box it came in was a bit tatty looking, The DVB logo was missing from the front ( I guess it must have fell off at the factory?), It doesn't come with a user manual(like the clone dreambox), the power cable was missing (but to be fair - the seller did phone me to say he was going to send one out), also the basic factory image was not on as mine had some channels already on and the language on the channels was in some asian - so I guess this box has been used before or the image is a dump from some box that's been used before. The remote does also not come with batteries.

I have had a few cloned dreambox 500's - I think I'll stick with them though as they come with batteries, look better, contain a user manual and don't have bits missing - also they are slightly cheaper.

But the box does work after I flashed it with my own image - this would be fine if the box was for me, but it's for a m8 & I don't think he's gonna be too impressed.

Delivery was ok though - but for ?10 I thought it would be a bit quicker as I took nearly a week from ordering to delivery.

Devilfish
6th August, 2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback mrdude, I'm sure the seller will want to fix all of those issues as that's not good.

Dazza
9th August, 2008, 01:16 AM
I'm looking for a new 500c myself, is there any other trustworthy supplliers anyone can recommend...?

I'm looking to replace my current one 'cos it's got the crappy tuner, and having bought one from DVBseller a while ago, which has the decent tuner, I think it'd make sense to replace the crappy one... (I went halves on the p&p from DVBS with a mate, so p&p didn't work too bad, but for a single box, it's a bit steep, I believe...?)

Not fussed whether it looks like a Dream or not TBH, so long as it works, and has the decent tuner...! ;)

Devilfish
9th August, 2008, 12:47 PM
I can recommend buyingthing.co.uk. If I didn't believe they were a good seller I wouldn't have them as a site sponder. :)

Buyingthings.co.uk (http://www.buyingthings.co.uk/shop/?a_aid=52d01a63&a_bid=86e07af0)

Dazza
9th August, 2008, 04:26 PM
I can recommend buyingthing.co.uk. If I didn't believe they were a good seller I wouldn't have them as a site sponder. :)

Buyingthings.co.uk (http://www.buyingthings.co.uk/shop/?a_aid=52d01a63&a_bid=86e07af0)
Ok mate, thanks....

belsh77
10th August, 2008, 05:00 PM
Lame question...
Will I need to purchase a seperate cable to connect this box to my PC??
Cannot decypher the technical spec in the advert, cheers.

Devilfish
10th August, 2008, 05:34 PM
A crossover ethernet cable is required if you want to ftp files to the box. You can also flash it with this cable. Another useful cable to have is a null modem cable (not serial or rs232 although they look the same). You will need this if your box fails to boot and you can also flash images with this cable using a program called Dreamup.

Both cables can be bought on ebay for under ?3 each. Or about ?10 each if you want to go to Maplin. They are not supplied with the receiver.

Dazza
11th August, 2008, 04:41 PM

Taken the plunge, and just bought a 500c. Thanks for the discount DK!

?69.99 All in.

ZaFoD
29th August, 2008, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't normally buy a clone box.
But alot of you guys seem to have them and are happy with them.
So I figuerd I'd take the plunge, get a BlackBox and learn how all this stuff works first hand.
At least it'll give you guys a rest from my Noobie questions. lol

And before I forget, Thanks for the discount. :)

Devilfish
29th August, 2008, 11:36 PM
I would say the clones are better now than the originals were 2 years ago.

They have better tuners in them.

jake1970
6th October, 2008, 07:13 PM
if i get one of these boxes the linux blackbox 500c can i use the same image as im using on my 500c the dw 2.1?

cgscott
6th October, 2008, 07:35 PM
Yes. They work exactly the same as the old dm500c.

Its just in a black box.

2tone
13th October, 2008, 05:22 PM
is dvb seller the only ones that sell the 500s boards and if so is the a discount code thanks

Devilfish
13th October, 2008, 06:25 PM
dvbseller don't do discount codes.

2tone
14th October, 2008, 05:11 PM
lol no probs just got it of them any way thanks

JTH
14th October, 2008, 07:10 PM
thank you glen just ordered one of these for a friend
steve told me me there great wee boxes.:barscarf::barscarf:

hassony
17th October, 2008, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know when Buyingthings will likely to get more stock of the black box?

mornachew
23rd December, 2008, 04:46 PM
got them in just now!!

mcassidy
2nd March, 2009, 12:45 AM
Hi. I purchased 5 dm500c boxes from DVBMonkey in November 2008. One of the boxes developed a slight fault. The green ("on") led stopped working but otherwise the box worked fine. I was instructed by DVBMonkey to return the faulty box only to BuyThings.co.uk. I enclosed a letter with all the information requested. I also asked BuyingThings to confirm that they had received the box. They never responded to any phone calls or emails. DVBMonkey eventually sent an email stating that thet "had confirmed" with BuyingThings and that a replacement box would be sent in the last week of DECEMBER 2008.
I have tried to repeatedly to contact DVBMonkey and BuyingThings during Jan - Mar 2009 but so far without any success. Needless to say no replacement box has arrived.
I assume that you believe BuyingsThings to be a reputable company if you are encouraging DK members to make purchases using the discount code.
As a last resort I recently requested BuyingThings to return the faulty box which I had posted to them in early December 2008.
I have had no response whatever.
I am now aware from the forum that DVBmonkey are to be avoided. However their site appears now to show the same "Linux Blackbox" that BuyingThings supply.
I would be grateful for any further information regarding DVBMonkey and BuyingThings.
I will be avoiding both for the foreseeable future.

thecoogster
3rd March, 2009, 04:12 PM
From what i understand DVBMonkey and buyingsthings are the same company, monkey is the main china one and the other is the uk "home" having problems myself with dvbseller been almost a week and my order is still processing!

bones69
3rd March, 2009, 05:23 PM
order on 26/12/2008
got it on 28/02/2009
nice box work great but long wait