PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to CHmod the new PLi image?

caveman_nige
14th April, 2008, 06:42 PM
Guys, just updated my DM600C with the new PLi image from the downloads area that has the April fix in it. Needed to replace my exisiting PLi image that had locked up a few weeks ago but i couldn't be ~~~~ed to fix it until now.

Now I have run the bruteforce scan and found the transponder blah blah blah, but no channels are giving me any TV to view. I downloaded Evocamd 2.17 although the image came with 2.13 which normally works fine for me here (ex CW), still nothing. NAturally i saved and restarted the cam. I went back to 2.13 and cannot get any pics on me box.

As this image seemed to be backup i assumed it had been CHmoded already, but can anybody tell me if they needed to do anything post flash to get it working.....

I have tried ftping the nagrarom7.bin file to me box and changed the Au to 02 and still nothing....

Cavey needs TV.....

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 08:00 PM
Generally you don't need to chmod anything.

You only chmod 755 files that need to be executed, i.e. run.

Remember that the actual rom files need to go in /usr/scce. A lot of dreambox creators make the /scce folder a link which takes you to /keys. This is only to save space on the box. Have a look in /usr/scce and see if there's rom files in there, if so, copy the new files to there and try again.

caveman_nige
14th April, 2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks Glen..

So i should not have to do anything to that image?

There was not an scce folder on the image to send the bin file to, so I created one just in case, not that it has made any difference...

Any suggestions om what i should try next?

Cavey

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 08:22 PM
If you've created a /usr/scce folder, you'll need to copy in all the other .bin files from the keys folder.

caveman_nige
14th April, 2008, 08:35 PM
OK, copied them over, restarted enigma, nothing, reinstalled 2.13, saved and restarted, still nothing. I am confused now...

caveman_nige
14th April, 2008, 11:05 PM
Fixed by the master that is Kaos..... i had a dodgy /usr/key folder had crap data...

cavey is happy again....