PDA

View Full Version : A Cat engine Funny thing

Schoolbus Tech
14th July, 2010, 09:23 AM
I know everone has had a new boss that thought he knew everything at least once in your life . This new boss of mine supervised an Cat engine over haul the tech not me wanted to replace the pistons plus other parts the boss said oh no they are ok so he did what he was told . Well 2 wks later the rod bolts let loose so they brought it back in tore it down . The boss tells him you must have done something wrong I will help you rebuild it . They got the head off took it in to our rebuild room ,while the tech was getting the pistons out the boss was cleaning up the head so far he ground off 5 injector tips . Of course I just had to say something I asked him if he knew you could change the injector settings in the computer to give it more fuel . So far the rest of the day he stayed in his office . hehehehe

dieselman77
14th July, 2010, 01:12 PM
WOW WHAT A MORON JUST SAVING THE COMPANY MONEY LOL HIGH FLOW INJECTORS YOU CAN TURN THE PULSEWIDTH DOWN AND SAVE ELECTRICITY AND FUEL AT THE SAME TIME LOL

hercamp
16th July, 2010, 02:07 AM
offcourse u can ...also u can increasy the boost presure with it..change pulse with =more fuel =more flow in exaust =more boost presure.
also u can get a high performance from ecm .

dieselman77
16th July, 2010, 03:01 AM
LOL LET TRY IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS 700 HP BUS

Schoolbus Tech
20th July, 2010, 09:20 AM
THat would get the kids to school on time LOL

dieselman77
21st July, 2010, 12:23 PM
DARE WE ASK HOW MUCH THOSE INJECTORS COST ? IM GUESSING $600-$800 A PIECE FOR REBUILT ONES AND DID HE DAMAGE THE HEAD ? EVERY SHOP HAS A GUY LIKE THAT KNOWS IT ALL LOL HAVE A GOOD ONE

hercamp
26th July, 2010, 05:10 AM
yeah and a red/violet exaust turbo outlet...and some exaust valves with a hot T?.....lol

Schoolbus Tech
26th July, 2010, 08:56 AM
well they got it back together after the boss helped it cost 3500 more for the stanard rebuild . Some times you just have to let some people learn on their own its the only way to keep your own sanity. LOL