PDA

View Full Version : Automotive locksmithing

lurch1219
15th July, 2010, 12:54 AM
I am a mobile automotive tech and am interested in automotive locksmithing. Wondering if anyone out there have any experience in this matter. Looking for different tool set for this and trying to figure out what to start with.
Thank you in advance.:slug:

jimthejock
15th July, 2010, 10:25 AM
hi there do you have any experience in locks at all ? domestic ones or on vehicles ? lots of people see this as an easy career to step into just buy the tools and away you go it is never that easy, as training and experience count for a lot when you are out on the road everyday.Which country do you live in ?

cqae
19th July, 2010, 09:45 AM
I too am looking at this & agree it is not a simple task, it is a very sharp learning curve.
I am just buying my equipment now am getting a zed bull, a mvp & still undecided between carprog & xprog m

the_riddler
20th July, 2010, 06:36 PM
I too am looking at this & agree it is not a simple task, it is a very sharp learning curve.
I am just buying my equipment now am getting a zed bull, a mvp & still undecided between carprog & xprog m

Are you sure with this "kit" you can call yourself a locksmith??

How with all this kit can you open a dead locked car?? for example..

cqae
22nd July, 2010, 12:43 PM
to be honest that is not why I am buying it. I can however get into locked cars reasonably well and have done so for the last 18 years that I have worked in the industry. the reason for the equipment is at this point a personal interest, but am hoping to eventually make it a part of my business, i have no wish to become a locksmith and I never said i did.