PDA

View Full Version : Telewest North Lanarkshire Service and Bouquets needed :)

C64
14th April, 2008, 06:58 PM
I've been farting around with my Dbox2 and I've ended up crashing the blimmn thing and I've had to reflash it, can some kind soul please post a recent Virgin TW service and bouquets please? :)

I'm too lazy to sort them all out myself again.

Salami
14th April, 2008, 07:11 PM
Yes I have it and How do you want me to send it to you?

C64
14th April, 2008, 07:12 PM
Can u just upload it to this thread mate, I'm sure others will probably have a use for it aswell

Services and bouquets please :)

Cheers.

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 07:13 PM
I just done today as well but I'm in work just now.

If you don't get some, I'll post them up tomorrow.

You can just attach them to the post.

Herbie
14th April, 2008, 07:16 PM
Can u just upload it to this thread mate, I'm sure others will probably have a use for it aswell

Services and bouquets please :)

Cheers.

Here you go

Salami
14th April, 2008, 07:18 PM
Here you go

Smarty your too fast for me lol

glasgowkiss
15th April, 2008, 08:59 AM
What do you do with this file?

C64
15th April, 2008, 11:37 AM
@Glasgowkiss

There are actually two files mate, one is the services file, this is a list of channels and frequencies that are on your network, the other file is the bouquets, this file sorts out the channels found in the services file into smaller groups, for example it will have all the sports channels all listed together under a heading of SPORTS, movies will have their own little group (bouquet) all the different genres will have their own bouquet, it makes channel surfing far easier for the user.

The files posted in this thread can only be used by ex-Telewest customers in Scotland, NTL users can not use it as the frequencies are all wrong.

hutchyboi
15th April, 2008, 10:53 PM
When i was backing up these files prior to flashing my dbox, my mate told me to also take the cables.xml file. Is there any need to and what does this files actually do? Just curious :D

C64
16th April, 2008, 12:22 PM
When i was backing up these files prior to flashing my dbox, my mate told me to also take the cables.xml file. Is there any need to and what does this files actually do? Just curious :D

The cables.xml file is a just a list of transponders that your cable provider uses. Think of a transponder as a frequency that contains a few compressed channels, the cables.xml contains the frequency, symbol rate and FEC info which tells the tuner where to look .

Most modern images do not require you to add or backup your cables.xml as they are already part of the image, if you press the Blue buttom on your box and have a browse around and you come across an option to SET MY LOCATION then your image already has a cables.xml installed which not only has your set of frequencies but frequencies for all other areas of the UK, all you need to do is tell it where u are, restart the box then perform a scan.

So, the short answer is you probably didn't need to back it up. :)

hutchyboi
16th April, 2008, 01:43 PM
cheers mate, i backed it up just incase because i have been trying to use sportster pro but its german so it only has scan options for german cable.

Sorry to thread-jack but is it possible to change files via ftp to allow an image like that to scan a diffrent provider other than german ones?

glasgowkiss
18th April, 2008, 09:51 PM
I know what the file are

what do you do with them what folder etc
:(

Salami
18th April, 2008, 10:05 PM
I know what the file are

what do you do with them what folder etc
:(

Var/tuxbox/config/zipit :idea:

glasgowkiss
19th April, 2008, 08:22 AM
sorry for labouring this but i have no folder called zipit do i just make one?:star:

Herbie
19th April, 2008, 08:48 AM
I am sure you do first look in folder called Var then look for a folder called tuxbox then look for another folder called config there you should find the folder called zipit

toto67
26th April, 2008, 07:33 PM
Can anyone confirm if the files uploaded here included the adult channels?Or do you still need to manually edit them..Cheers

areid07
26th August, 2008, 05:34 PM
hi

Is this the latest bouquets.

Cheers

chuckles53
22nd September, 2008, 02:40 AM
How do i find were i can set my location,please give a step by step.Ihave a sagem dbox2,thanks phil.

Dreamer
22nd September, 2008, 09:33 PM
try the blue button on the remote to get you into the menu to set your location

fletcher1717
29th October, 2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the file

desolationtown
4th December, 2008, 01:20 AM
thank you for the file. Much needed

palhinha
4th December, 2008, 08:15 PM
HI JUST USE THIS BOUQUET LIST AND SUDENTLY NO MORE CHANELS AND WHEN TRY TO DO A SCAN DOESNT WORK . IT LOOKS LIKE I'VE JUST MESS WITH BOX . CAN ANYONE HELP.
REGARDS
palhinha

cadman
4th December, 2008, 10:04 PM
Have you set your location on the dbox. You need to do this if you are using one of the newer images, then rescan.

palhinha
8th December, 2008, 12:01 PM
Have you set your location on the dbox. You need to do this if you are using one of the newer images, then rescan.
I think so open ftp tool then go to var>tuxbox>config>zapid> tranfer bouquets and nothing happen, so did it again and services liles also.
Anyway meanwile i,ve done my one bouquets and now i need to saved then in a safe place in my computer but i'm scared to mess with box again and then have to spend hours again doing my bouquets again. i'm usin flash tool Flash FXP Can anyone please help me to do it step by step.

kez4lyf
26th February, 2009, 11:11 PM
does anyone know how to get keys for dbox i have the big maq toolbar but nothing works properly

C64
26th February, 2009, 11:16 PM
Your box shouldn't need keys, there is an auto-updating emulator for it.

All the infiormation u need to make your box work without keys is available on this site, just do a search.