PDA

View Full Version : OP-COM problem: No reply from ECU

boomer1
15th July, 2010, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone! Greetings from the Netherlands.

I've been very busy lately with trying to diagnose my opel astra 2.0 DTI (Y20DTH engine). Already tried 2 differents tech 2 clones but non of them are working with the car. The tech 2 software keeps displaying an error message like: 'nins echo, interface not found'.

Ok than i purchased an OP-COM clone from the UK which is looking very good, but it dont seems to work with my car. The op-com software keeps displaying: 'no reply from ECU'. Already tried different kind of software versions but all of them keep displaying the same message.

I'f anyone could help me with this problem i would appreciate it very much, as my car is standing in the driveway for almost 7 months.

Any input would be great, thanks for reading.

Boomer.

dafdiagnos
15th July, 2010, 08:10 PM
is it just the engine management that the opcom won't communicate with? if so, has the ecm got it's power supplies & earths. it sounds like the ecm is not powering up, so could be wiring fault or poorly ecm m8

Kennix
7th August, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone! Greetings from the Netherlands.

I've been very busy lately with trying to diagnose my opel astra 2.0 DTI (Y20DTH engine). Already tried 2 differents tech 2 clones but non of them are working with the car. The tech 2 software keeps displaying an error message like: 'nins echo, interface not found'.

Ok than i purchased an OP-COM clone from the UK which is looking very good, but it dont seems to work with my car. The op-com software keeps displaying: 'no reply from ECU'. Already tried different kind of software versions but all of them keep displaying the same message.

I'f anyone could help me with this problem i would appreciate it very much, as my car is standing in the driveway for almost 7 months.

Any input would be great, thanks for reading.

Boomer.

Hi Boomer,

Did you try to test the OP-COM interface in the Settings? If the interface test is successful but it still not able to connect to ECU, then you probably have the same problem like I had before.

You can open up the OP-COM's cover and try to measure the circuit between Pin-10 (connect to OBDII Pin-16) and the diode D2's postive node. Mine was borken due to I had C20 capacitor blew at the first time I connected OP-COM to OBDII port. The circuit connecting D2 and Pin-10 is tiny and that was how it got damaged. I managed to solder them togeher with a short wire and now everything is ok.

Best regards,
Kenzo

ANGELPANGELOV
15th August, 2010, 09:34 AM
connect directly kline ECU