PDA

View Full Version : DVD Creation Software.

bazziet
16th July, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know any program that'll allow you to make custom menu's on video DVD's? I use ConvertX but their menu systems limited. I have a bunch of clips I want to put on a disk (each around 30 minutes long) and want chapters every 5 minutes of the clip, the main menu should be basic with just a play button and a chapter button, nothing else on screen only a cusom image.

When going through to the chapter menu it should only list the first clip (not every chapter) but if possible I'd like to be able to click a chapter to get to a sub-chapter menu allowing me to choose a segment of the clip itself (say start it at 10 minutes into it instead of the beginning).

I've used Nerovision but it's chapter menu shows every clip not just the first part of it. ConvertX puts each clip on the main screen and if you remove the image/text it still leaves links there to the clips. Tried WinDVD Creator (which for some reason doesn't output the audio after it's rendered and doesn't allow the sub-menu's etc).

Must be some software available to do what I need it to do. Any ideas anyone?

Baz.

ManofScience
16th July, 2010, 01:53 PM
i love DVDLab for this - you get a 'flow diagram' type view of the menus so you can control exactly where u want menus to be, what to do after a certain clip, where it returns to - everything. It's just a bit fussy on what file types it accepts.

Easy to use too.

bazziet
16th July, 2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, which version would be the best to handle the most file formats? All the stuff I work with is mainly Divx/Xvid.

Had a quick look at their website and it does seem like you have a lot of control over creation which would be a plus for me :)

Thanks.

dasteph
17th July, 2010, 10:55 AM
i have used the following dvd editing software it will handle the file types you want to edit as to the amount of control it will give you only you can determine.

AVS4YOU Best multimedia software on today's market. (http://www.avs4you.com/?utm_medium=Navigator&utm_source=Navigator&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=)

johnboy1974
22nd July, 2010, 09:00 PM
check the programs on your computer for windows movie maker. it can do this and comes pre installed in a lot of computers without you knowing it.

hkaadan
30th July, 2010, 09:06 AM
dvdlab is best

StreetX
15th August, 2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, the DVDLab awesome program!

ruben_17non
15th August, 2010, 03:37 PM
for me, the best dvdlabs

riland
15th August, 2010, 04:05 PM
I too use DVDLab. It is the excellent program

rdenis
17th August, 2010, 03:41 AM
I use Cyberlink's Power Director and Power Producer - these are wickedly easy to use and have a feature that will create full length DVD with music, menus, transistions, etc. from raw footage - you can then tweak what the software has come up with or take it as a finished product and send to family and friends. It is pretty awesome software.

It can also add in digital photos, etc. and make albums automatically. The software will scan your photos and put them into an album which you can burn to disc again to sens off to family and friends.

I've never worked with DVDLaab so I can't comment but as always with software, YMMV!

Cheers!

Zioma
17th August, 2010, 07:19 AM
I use Adobe Encore with Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects. Quite comfortably ...