PDA

View Full Version : alan magregor for spurs

davieboy.rfc
14th April, 2008, 07:25 PM
has anyone heard about magregor going tae spurs at the end of the season for 5 million ,i personlly would be dissapointed to see him go as he is a good keeper and if h did leave then i thin it shoul be for at least 8 million. has
anyone any info n the subject?

davieboy:(

allycoops
14th April, 2008, 07:37 PM
heard about spurs and newcastle being interested for 5 million, also Cuellar for newcastle for 5 milllion, If Rangers sell these two guys, SDM needs to go and teh sooner the better, we need to keep these two guy and not sell

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 08:09 PM
I think it would be terrible if those players went.

I've heard the Cuellar rumour for a while. I few of my mates went to that Kevin Keagans Soccer Academy up in Braehead and they said he was very open about questions about any of his players. Most of my mates are Rangers fans so they were asking Keagan what he thought about the Rangers team, all very open and honest answers except when it came to Cuellar, he was very reserved and seems to hold back.

allycoops
14th April, 2008, 08:57 PM
Tottenham Hotspurs are lining up an audacious bid to tempt Rangers
keeper Allan McGregor south of the border to join former teammate Alan
Hutton at White Hart Lane.

The 26-year-old Rangers No.1's form this season has attracted the
attention of several Premiership clubs. However McGregor is
contracted to the Gers until summer 2010 and is valued at more than
?5million by the club. Spurs Boss Juande Ramos is aware of the keeper's
ability after impressive recommendations from his scouts.

Ramos wants to bring in two new keepers in the close season to replace
Paul Robinson and Radek Cerny who are seen as the weak links in his side
after several high profile gaffs.

Ramos signed Alan Hutton from Rangers three months ago for ?9million and
the right-back is already considered a bargain buy. Bosses at White Hart
Lane feel McGregor could make an instant impact. The Goalie is happy
with life at Ibrox but has told those close to him he would love to play
in the Premiership and is aware of the growing interest in him.

Hutton has raved to his old Ibrox mates about life in the Premiership
and has urged them to join him there if they get a chance. McGregor
knows Rangers will decide what happens next if they receive any bids for
him.

Newcastle supremo Kevin Keegan is also considering a move for the Ibrox
No.1 after his first choice, Celtic keeper Artur Boruc, told him he is
not interested in joining the Geordie side. The transfer fee would not
be a problem for the wealthy Magpies.

Keegan saw McGregor - and his other Gers target Spaniard Carlos Cuellar
- in action at the home game against Sporting Lisbon. Rangers can
prepare themselves for bids during the coming months on a number of
their star performers.

Spurs appear to be in pole position for McGregor and will have a
representative in the stand for Wednesday night's Old Firm clash at
Parkhead.

davieboy.rfc
14th April, 2008, 08:58 PM
:) i hope the gers go to parkhead &give it a good go as i think if they do & win then i think celtic would chuck in the towel , & i hope we dont sell cuellar to the magpies as i wouldwant us tae build our team around him as he is by far the best defender in british football at the moment . anyone, with a view on the above care to reply if they wish.

allycoops
14th April, 2008, 09:00 PM
CFC groundstaff were seen planting potatoes in the centre circle
today.

A spokesperson said it was so they had something to lift at the end of
the season

ice2004
14th April, 2008, 09:10 PM
If Boruc is supposedly worth ?20m then id be looking for slightly more than ?5 for McGregor. If we had to sell them id be looking for at least ?10m each.

We all know that Rangers is a stepping stone to the premiership for some players but lets not be bullied by the EPL. You want our tops players then pay top money for them.

davieboy.rfc
14th April, 2008, 09:14 PM
ye well i hope thats the only thing the tic will be lifting this year &many more tae come i still cant beleive were still on course for all the trophies this year if we do it would it be a euro record?:)

davieboy.rfc
14th April, 2008, 09:21 PM
ive just heard that newcastle r sniffin around big carlos if all the spec is true then we could possible be gettin the heart ripped out of the team instead of building a team around them, me personally i think the gers will sell if bids of 8 mill come in for carlos or magreor.

rangers71
14th April, 2008, 09:24 PM
ther gers should use the money they have made from there euro adventure to offer much better contracts to greegsie and big carlos

hutchyboi
15th April, 2008, 12:48 AM
If McGregor was to go, we would definately have to buy another keeper because Alexander is just a stand in for any injuries and Smith i dont consider to be Rangers class.

Same with Cuellar, i think we need a central defender if he goes but if he stays a would still want to see Webstar given a chance because big Davie Weir is startin to look his age on the park, not sure he can hack the pace any more.

cgy
29th April, 2008, 05:43 PM
I would be dissapointed to see cuellar and mcgregor go but if we get the kind of money for each of them that we for got for hutton then I would be happy to take it if walter gets it to spend on new players.