PDA

View Full Version : chip tuning for noobs

ridder
18th July, 2010, 06:27 PM
Hello. I am new in chip tunning. I want to learn this. I am a car mecanic and i have renault clip and i work quiet good whit it. What must i buy to do tunning car. It is possible to conect with renault sond clip. Whit program is best for noobs? i also have a clasical diagnostyc cabel.

thenks for answers

oldford
18th July, 2010, 07:28 PM
And how are you going to check the result of your tuning? The customer wants to know how much horse power he is getting extra. Do you have a rolling road and gas analyzers?
Or are you satisfied with buying already tuned files and just installing them?

ridder
18th July, 2010, 07:31 PM
And how are you going to check the result of your tuning? The customer wants to know how much horse power he is getting extra. Do you have a rolling road and gas analyzers?
Or are you satisfied with buying already tuned files and just installing them?

i can get rolling road and gas analyzers but i like to buy files and instal them

ridder
19th July, 2010, 09:07 AM
if i use this Diler.si - Galletto 1260 EOBD2 OBD OBD2 ECU chip tuning set (http://diler.si/auction_details.php?name=galletto-1260-eobd2-obd-obd2-ecu-chip-tuning-set&auction_id=1294) what program can i use then? can i just remap-get tuned files and change them?

DIBEKOT
19th July, 2010, 12:19 PM
Galletto 1260 has its own program that is used during reflashing of the cars ECU. If the program was not suplied by the seller, you can find it in this forum.

You can buy tuned files and use them to reflash the car by yourself. Before buying the remap, you must read the original software from the cars ECU with Galletto, and together with the ECU hardware, software number and car info, send them to the tuner who will be doing the remap for you.

Do not use Ebay DVD tuned files. they are crap. If you use them you will probably destroy your customers engine.

L.P. Blaz

ridder
19th July, 2010, 01:26 PM
ok.
i alredy download 1500files from this forum. if i found file for car i want is ok and wil work?what about renault clip sond. can i tuned whit it?

oldford
19th July, 2010, 02:05 PM
Nice one. Download for free and then sell for big bucks.

ridder
19th July, 2010, 02:15 PM
are that files -damos ok?

nicamarcos
19th July, 2010, 04:43 PM
ok.
i alredy download 1500files from this forum. if i found file for car i want is ok and wil work?what about renault clip sond. can i tuned whit it?
Tuned files shared on the web are 95% dangerous, 4% without power gain, 0,9% checksum error and maybe 0,1% good tuned file ;)

ridder
19th July, 2010, 05:36 PM
aha so i must give them to the expert. but i work on renault cars for abouth 15 years and if there is a program to remake parameters i try to make files my self.the best way to download original files from ecu and replace them ist galletto?

nicamarcos
19th July, 2010, 06:00 PM
aha so i must give them to the expert. but i work on renault cars for abouth 15 years and if there is a program to remake parameters i try to make files my self.the best way to download original files from ecu and replace them ist galletto?
Need an little more than work on renault cars for along 15 years, i think that chiptuning need to be done with an very solid knowledgment. Galletto isn`t all :)

qwerty1313
19th July, 2010, 06:05 PM
What interface is the best/cheap for renault chiptunning ?

Sorry for ask ...
I am a newbie too ...

nicamarcos
19th July, 2010, 07:45 PM
Best/cheap it is very difficult combination to found :), you have many interfaces at market to do chiptuning via k-line/CAN, i like frieling racing interface.

ridder
19th July, 2010, 08:03 PM
but witch program is the best for change parameters

nicamarcos
19th July, 2010, 09:08 PM
but witch program is the best for change parameters
for me... digiview and winols.

ridder
19th July, 2010, 09:44 PM
i download winols. is there any video, instruction how to use it :D

nicamarcos
19th July, 2010, 11:01 PM
i download winols. is there any video, instruction how to use it :D
yes, at MTV.com :D

ridder
20th July, 2010, 10:17 AM
XD. so how can i learn then?

drakov
20th July, 2010, 10:33 AM
XD. so how can i learn then?

Same way you learned mechanics and renault cars? In short you won't get what you want...... cheap, easy, chiptuning do not and will not fit in the same sentence.....EVER.

ridder
20th July, 2010, 04:50 PM
i will buy galletto. is it possible to chance km whit this sond and program?

ka-pa-za
21st July, 2010, 11:24 AM
posting a topic you want to sell files.
than starting topic where you ask free files. ;-)
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f132/renault-scenic-1-9-dci-tuned-file-147828/

****ing great businessplan.

ridder
21st July, 2010, 12:03 PM
posting a topic you want to sell files.
than starting topic where you ask free files. ;-)
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f132/renault-scenic-1-9-dci-tuned-file-147828/

****ing great businessplan.

???

i don't understand what you men whit this???

i don't have files for sale. if anyone have problem whit renault cars,clip,dialogys i can halp. but in files and chip tuning i am new

nicamarcos
21st July, 2010, 02:32 PM
Buy it, if is possible original version, anyway with boths versions (cloned and original) you maybe will have a lot problems.
Original= (Adolfo Galletto) if he want to serve you and is his "day", maybe you are very lucky.
Cloned: you may run out of nails when the program stops at 40% in the writing process.:)

chiptuningnoord
22nd July, 2010, 01:10 PM
buy a kwp2000+ , this is a better option than galletto.

if you have some more money to spend buy a cmd slave.

Br johnny

naruto12
23rd July, 2010, 01:30 AM
buy a kwp2000+ , this is a better option than galletto.

if you have some more money to spend buy a cmd slave.

Br johnny

Hummm well, well, well, :) in my opinion are to diferents reprogramers...or identical...i have a kwp+ and a clone galletto, and also works fine, i never bloqued one ecu... know i am using a mpps...very great reprogramer too... in future or my next reprogramer ...PowerBox Master heheh i think:smokin:

ffichman
23rd July, 2010, 02:17 AM
I need help to use Galetto on Mini Cooper S - 08 US

nicamarcos
23rd July, 2010, 06:06 PM
i have a kwp+ and a clone galletto, and also works fine, i never bloqued one ecu
You are very lucky with galletto, try do Denso ecu on opel 1.7dtl and after tell me :).

rsibiza
24th July, 2010, 01:47 AM

IK would also buy the galetto for clocking...works on newest brands of ODO and BSI....and when not used at the moment,you can use it as ashtray.....or picture holder:egg:

del635
25th July, 2010, 10:15 AM
IK would also buy the galetto for clocking...works on newest brands of ODO and BSI....and when not used at the moment,you can use it as ashtray.....or picture holder:egg:
Well, galletto can definately stop miles from going up if you DONT know what your doing lol

rsibiza
26th July, 2010, 05:38 PM
Well, galletto can definately stop miles from going up if you DONT know what your doing lol

Thats thrue,just going down dont worklol

andrassh
29th August, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hy, I have a question... with kwp 2000+ clone you can mess up the ecu when you read out the eeprom? Or only when you write the eeprom?

ecutuner
31st August, 2010, 07:17 PM
With KWP2000 (even the plus-Version) you can NOT readout or write the EEPROM!
You can only read/write the Flash-EPROM (and only if your car / ecu is supported!)

In General:
You can not mess up the ECU by just reading, but you can destroy it (the FlashEPROM) by writing a wrong file or if you have problems during writing (like power-loss or someone has a active mobile-phone very near the interface/cable... and some other things too!).
In this case you will have to open the ECU, desolder the Flash and reprogramm it with a EPROM-Burner!

:wink:

Say thankyou if you find this helpful!

tiguan
12th September, 2010, 07:55 PM
Winols howto

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f173/winols-tutorial-howto-159878/#post763380

>>>>>>>>Tiguan<<<<<<<<<

rideon
14th September, 2010, 10:36 PM
Nice thread you got here....,I'm not into cip tuning ,i think that in most cases,a bigger engine would do the job,there are some exceptions,cars that are 'slowed' by manufactures for different reasons but that's not the point here, I think that the cheapest way to become a 'tunner' starts here: Stoichiometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:rock: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoichiometry)

l_a_l_a
5th October, 2010, 07:34 AM
Where to buy files?
Where to find good mapper for ecu files?

del635
9th October, 2010, 10:41 PM
Nice thread you got here....,I'm not into cip tuning ,i think that in most cases,a bigger engine would do the job,there are some exceptions,cars that are 'slowed' by manufactures for different reasons but that's not the point here, I think that the cheapest way to become a 'tunner' starts here: Stoichiometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:rock: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoichiometry)
Turbocharger!:eating:

kokonut
10th October, 2010, 11:32 AM
i would like to do some tuning on a saxo 96er is this possible, does it make sense.. and what do i need for it?

bigimot
19th January, 2011, 08:58 AM
Good for Newbies.

chrisjuh
31st January, 2011, 12:41 PM
I know how to read/write my ECU, i know how to use winOLS (the basics of it!). One thing i don't know is for example how to see/spot a torque limiter or turbo booster map(s) in the HEX code.

Does anyone have a tip on how to spot such a thing ?

ipejasinovic
31st January, 2011, 01:01 PM
For that, we always use 2D mode.

chrisjuh
31st January, 2011, 02:23 PM
For that, we always use 2D mode.

Uhm... could you be a bit more specific? using 2D is not magic, it wont say aah this is torque, this is turbo, this is injection, etc.

ipejasinovic
31st January, 2011, 02:40 PM
Of course. You can't just say: This is 100% that and that map. I mean, you can if you have enough experience with particular ECU, but you are running through 2D mode, recognize some map, open it to see how it looks or what values are in it, and then you make conclusion what it is.

Here in att. is Torque Limiter Map from Stilo 1.9 JTD...