PDA

View Full Version : psp firmware problem - any help?

kannie
18th July, 2010, 07:04 PM
Haven't played my psp for a while but decided to pick it up again as there's a few new decent games coming out. I had my psp modified a while ago and the old games on it work fine but when I try to play new games like for instance "metal gear solid: peace walker", they won't play. My current system software is 3.10 OE-A so does anyone know why it plays old games that have been on it for a while but not the latest games?

janobi
19th July, 2010, 08:11 AM
Haven't played my psp for a while but decided to pick it up again as there's a few new decent games coming out. I had my psp modified a while ago and the old games on it work fine but when I try to play new games like for instance "metal gear solid: peace walker", they won't play. My current system software is 3.10 OE-A so does anyone know why it plays old games that have been on it for a while but not the latest games?

You need to update the FW mate, think its 5.50 Gen D that is the latest. Wether it will play peace walker I aint sure sorry mate. The PSP scene has somewhat died, with few people working on new FW to play the latest games.

kannie
19th July, 2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the advice i'll get onto it do you know any safe sites to download that firmware from?

janobi
19th July, 2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advice i'll get onto it do you know any safe sites to download that firmware from?

psp-hacks.com
maxconsole.net

kannie
19th July, 2010, 08:37 PM
thanks a lot really appreciate the advice.