PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to retreive the Dreambox IP address from a Linksys WRT54GS router

scurders
14th April, 2008, 08:00 PM
Can anybody tell me how to find out my dreambox IP number from my Linksys WRT54GS router? Ive had a look but im unsure about exactly what im looking for

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 08:00 PM
Do you want to find out the ip address of the router or the ip address of a dreambox that's connected to the router?

EDIT:

If you open a command prompt and past in the following, it should generate a file in c: which will tell you all devices and the ip addresses on your network.

FOR /L %i IN (1,1,254) DO ping -a -n 1 192.168.1%i | FIND /i "Reply">>c:\ipaddresses.txt

The router ip address is 192.168.1.1

tomasz36
14th April, 2008, 08:28 PM
Look at the 2 page of the manual to your router. I hope that will help:)

http://www.lucidlink.com/media/docs_autogen/LinksysWRT54GSRouter.pdf

thommo
14th April, 2008, 09:03 PM
your the guy with the dodgy menu button...ummm i know you have been in the router and it only showed the pc.

try a reset of the box/router and pc, check back in your router then to see if it shows.

if it doesnt i fear that you might not have dchp ticked in your box settings.

not sure how to cure that except finding a way into the menu on the box and going to communication setup and with a remote that wont respond with the menu button i dont know..last resort check batts in remote or re-flash a new image and see if that cures the remote/menu issue.

i'll leave it and see if anyone else has any ideas, as it might not be the case it might be you just have not seen the ip of the box, i wouldnt know as im not familar with them routers.

scurders
14th April, 2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks Kaos, tried that, the command does generate a file in C drive "ipadresses" but theres nothing in it.
Ive got the router IP 192.168.1.1 and my laptop is 192.168.1.100 but with the menu button not working on my remote the dreambox IP is provin difficult to find

scurders
14th April, 2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks Thommo, im goin to borrow a mates remote and see if thats the issue. If not can I reflash a new image using the ethernet cable from my laptop straight to the dreambox?

thommo
14th April, 2008, 09:24 PM
you ca,n sure theres a tut on here, download the dw2 image and drop it into the tmp folder and....oh wait you,d need the remote to work that way...

dreamup and null modem lead mate......

if you get your mates remote it would be easiest. go to menu then expert setup communication setup and tick the dhcp box, then your router will assign it an ip, use the box ip and follow the flash fxp tut (second link in my sig) you should be good to go.

your only issue is the remote so no getting to the settings on the box.

scurders
14th April, 2008, 09:42 PM
lol, I thought that might be the case, ive been tryin to get hold of a null modem cable since friday to no avail, the problem is the laptop im using has a 15 pin female port at the back of it, ive been told this isn,t suitable for what im tryin to use it for..you do get usb to male/female pin connectors but im unable to find a usb to 9pin female cable...any ideas where i could get my hands on one?? after this mate i,ll persevere on my own for abit..thanks for your help so far

Dream Unlocker
1st March, 2010, 07:59 PM
Do you want to find out the ip address of the router or the ip address of a dreambox that's connected to the router?

EDIT:

If you open a command prompt and past in the following, it should generate a file in c: which will tell you all devices and the ip addresses on your network.

FOR /L %i IN (1,1,254) DO ping -a -n 1 192.168.1%i | FIND /i "Reply">>c:\ipaddresses.txt

The router ip address is 192.168.1.1

Wrong command if you do that it will find ips of this sort :

192.168.1 , should be 192.168.1.1

Fix:

FOR /L %i IN (1,1,254) DO ping -a -n 1 192.168.1.%i | FIND /i "Reply">>c:\ipaddresses.txt

extra (dot) needed after the ip.

svastarija
4th March, 2010, 01:17 PM
hi
you could use program called NetScan it will list all computer on the network.. you can specify network range or subnet, nice free tool

mini
6th March, 2010, 12:44 PM
If you know what image you have on the box you ask someone for the default I.P. for that image. Then use Yweb.

mugabe
5th February, 2011, 11:50 AM
i know this is an old thread but i needs help here, i have checked my box and the ip address on this box is .192.168.1.36 and when i did opened the dreambox edit it has a diffirent ip address as default so how do i go about this? am very novice to this dream box

DBTraitor
8th February, 2011, 11:57 AM
For SG
To know ip for dreambox, open internet explorer
Type 192.168.1.254
Gatewayy screen appears, click on home network
Wait a while and then you see a list of device. Scroll down and you see dm500
Click view details, the ip address appears :)
Easy???

blindsoulz
12th February, 2011, 04:22 PM
how do you guys connet ur dreambox ? null modem cable ?

Arraysys
13th February, 2011, 07:05 AM
how do you guys connet ur dreambox ? null modem cable ?

connect to TV use RCA cable.
connect to Computer use ethernet cable (Example: FTP, DreamBoxEdit, etc...)
connect to Computer for flashing use NULL modem and ethernet cable.

which are you talking about, in future please state your question in detail. Cheers.

blindsoulz
13th February, 2011, 07:39 AM
connect to TV use RCA cable.
connect to Computer use ethernet cable (Example: FTP, DreamBoxEdit, etc...)
connect to Computer for flashing use NULL modem and ethernet cable.

which are you talking about, in future please state your question in detail. Cheers.
Thanks, I'm asking how to connect to FTP my dreambox btw..