PDA

View Full Version : volvo sc 802 made by philips?

Sascotland
19th July, 2010, 07:25 PM
I wonder if is anyone on the site that can help me obtain a radio code for my volvo stereo, have several programs to get the code, but all of them seem to expect the stereo to have diodes however mine is an eeprom so dont see how can input the numbers to generate the code. No music in car just because changed the battery, the dealer charged me a tenner for the wrong code and am sick a searching net and finding programs that only do volvo stereos with diodes rather than eeprom.
If any one can help would be most grateful....

the stereo is a volvo sc 802 made by philips I believe.
serial number VO1170 V2209194D
3533962-1

thats all on the label
pre thanks if anyone can help?

Stoyko
19th July, 2010, 09:22 PM
I think , you radio is made by MITSUBISHI.
Open radio and give more details , like MCU and Eeprom to get help .

Sascotland
19th July, 2010, 09:34 PM
I think , you radio is made by MITSUBISHI.
Open radio and give more details , like MCU and Eeprom to get help .

see on some sites it says its a philips and on some an alpine. Mostly seems to say philips made. I have seen some saying its a mitsubishi but volvo forums say its a philips

sorry can you tell me what I am looking for inside, took think apart and took out tape deck but cant see things marked with philips, mitsubishi or alpine
many thanks

Stoyko
19th July, 2010, 09:41 PM
.......more details , like MCU and Eeprom .......
I know only hardware solution fo decode this model.

Sascotland
19th July, 2010, 09:54 PM
I know only hardware solution fo decode this model.

What cable do I need to read the eeprom as have software need, just how do i connect upto it?

alexics
20th July, 2010, 02:40 PM
What cable do I need to read the eeprom as have software need, just how do i connect upto it?

You need 24c series data sheet for the pin connections. Try 24c08 datasheet at alldatasheet.com. It is I2C protocol so you need the correct software to talk to it via whatever cable and device you use.

alexics
20th July, 2010, 02:42 PM
see on some sites it says its a philips and on some an alpine. Mostly seems to say philips made. I have seen some saying its a mitsubishi but volvo forums say its a philips

sorry can you tell me what I am looking for inside, took think apart and took out tape deck but cant see things marked with philips, mitsubishi or alpine
many thanks

This is more likely to be a philips. Look for the eeprom.