PDA

View Full Version : Are this guys ok? http://www.tuningfiles.com/

magnacin
19th July, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hi,
Has anybody worked or heard about these guys?
Tuningfiles - TuningFiles.com (http://www.tuningfiles.com/)

I am about to send 1 file for tuning and would like to have some feedback.
all help is appreciate it
thanks.

miguex
20th July, 2010, 06:13 AM
Yes, I have sent them some files and they are good. I would say YES!

Si, son confiables! recomendado!

magnacin
20th July, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks Miguex

ka-pa-za
21st July, 2010, 11:03 AM
Yes, I have sent them some files and they are good. I would say YES!

Si, son confiables! recomendado!

could you share the provided file from tunefiles.com?

I had to repair a ford tdci with tunefiles.com file in it.
it was basicly ECM raise file( injection +25% and all others +10%)
So "Good" is not the right word i would call it.

If you want to pay for bad quality go to ctunefiles.com they provide it for you cheaper than a ~~~~~~~.
Price is good, quality...
wel you get a price/quality rated file...

secretauto.fr is same quality but little more expensive.
the price of a cheap ****.
but also price/quality rated file...

As it is with cheap **** and ~~~~~~~. use a condom or you wil regret the ****. Make sure you know to analize the file or you wil regret putting it in your ecu. ;-)

Better to look for some lokal tuner that provides you files. more expensive, but with good service and knowledge.

to make sure! I had to repair engines with tuningfiles from the above named suppliers. make sure, you have turbo's and pistons in stock.

extremebike
24th July, 2010, 11:04 AM
I thought it might be useful.
already see different opinions!
thanks

miguex
27th July, 2010, 03:07 AM
Well, I went different tuners and tuningfiles is one of my best choices, I tested the tuned files on my own car and the good was the tuningfiles. what other tuner u would suggest?

ka-pa-za
30th July, 2010, 06:34 AM
[QUOTE=miguex;697945] I tested the tuned files on my own car QUOTE]

Did you open the file in hex editor to see how file was made? what increase they gave you?

That testing how exactly did that go?flash it in and give it a good test on the highway? or did you use a dyno and diagnostic tools to check injected quantity, turbo pressure, etc.. ?

Chaser
30th July, 2010, 08:00 AM
I've used these guys a couple of times and was very happy with the tuned files. No matter who we use or whatever we do we test every car on the dyno as well as logging whatever we can to make sure the tune is safe. All AFRs EGT's and boost levels were very safe in the VAG stuff both petrol and diesel. Still it depends where they obtained their files from originally, the fuel octane rating in the country of origin, the purchasers location etc. They might be great with one brand but not with others, you wouldn't know unless you tested every single file for every make and model.
I would do the same no matter what company I might use. I don't trust anyone as they aren't going to help me if an engine fails

Any others out there that are worthwhile ?

ka-pa-za
30th July, 2010, 09:09 AM
I've used these guys a couple of times and was very happy with the tuned files. No matter who we use or whatever we do we test every car on the dyno as well as logging whatever we can to make sure the tune is safe. All AFRs EGT's and boost levels were very safe in the VAG stuff both petrol and diesel. Still it depends where they obtained their files from originally, the fuel octane rating in the country of origin, the purchasers location etc. They might be great with one brand but not with others, you wouldn't know unless you tested every single file for every make and model.
I would do the same no matter what company I might use. I don't trust anyone as they aren't going to help me if an engine fails

Any others out there that are worthwhile ?

I'm in the less than 80 euro price list on tuningfiles.com. and for me the files are noth worth that money..

i recived volvo files with a 15% raise on limiters, boost and injection... that i can do myself.. For me loading file in ecm find the right driver, And do a genaral raise is no tuning.

I had some ford files from them to. who, where basicly the same...

i had 3 engine repairs with broken turbo (to much spiking) and melted pistons with files from them, placed by other (crying) tuner. how a 100 euro file could cost you +1500 in repair...
little note. The 3 engines had problems before tuning and got worst after tuning.. but everyone knows no tuning before logging.
some learn it by reading, some by paying.

there are more ecm tunefile sites out there dthat do it for Half the money.

But the question is for me. do i send someone home with a file like that? i want to set my signature under it, and be proud of it, when they leave my shop.

I don't with the files i recived, and have seen from them... sorry.

i care more for quality file, than i do for cash return...
some people prefer cash return befor file quality.

up to you to chose..

Chaser
30th July, 2010, 09:31 AM
I know what you mean. Before we touch a car here we dyno it and check for errors and we won't work on it till these have been solved. For cars that have previously had issues when they come to us we point out that damage may have already occurred and that by modifying things we might accelerate the possible failure.
To give you an example we are installing a stand alone computer on a WRX that was previously tuned by another workshop. When it came to us AFR's were in the 13.5:1 region at 18 psi boost i.e not good at all. This may very well have damaged big end bearings and the pistons and more. The motor had only been run for less than 2000 kms since being built (forged internals etc) Anyway we tell the owner what we will do during the tune and what AFR's boost timing and so on and then we log during the dyno runs. What more can you do ?

I didn't know they had any for 80 Euro more like 120E I thought.... its doesn't matter though
If there are any decent places out there that others use I'd be keen to know of them. I have some big turbo MED9 cars soon that I'd like to find stuff for just as a base file, its saves me a lot of time.and yeah I certainly don't want these to die. I think I'll have to do it all myself though

:)

ka-pa-za
30th July, 2010, 09:57 AM
I think I'll have to do it all myself though

:)

wise words...

ps send them (tuningfiles) a mail telling you buy files from other dealer for 80 euro. they put you in other, lower priced, list.

magnacin
30th July, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your comments,
However, i see mix comments here, to your opinion what tuning site do you recommend the most.
Please remember I dont live in Europe and it is hard to get a good file tuned in Mexico and that is why I must send it thru the web.
thanks again.

tirlibibi
31st July, 2010, 02:12 PM
could you share the provided file from tunefiles.com?

I had to repair a ford tdci with tunefiles.com file in it.
it was basicly ECM raise file( injection +25% and all others +10%)
So "Good" is not the right word i would call it.

If you want to pay for bad quality go to ctunefiles.com they provide it for you cheaper than a ~~~~~~~.
Price is good, quality...
wel you get a price/quality rated file...

secretauto.fr is same quality but little more expensive.
the price of a cheap ****.
but also price/quality rated file...

As it is with cheap **** and ~~~~~~~. use a condom or you wil regret the ****. Make sure you know to analize the file or you wil regret putting it in your ecu. ;-)

Better to look for some lokal tuner that provides you files. more expensive, but with good service and knowledge.

to make sure! I had to repair engines with tuningfiles from the above named suppliers. make sure, you have turbo's and pistons in stock.

Pathetic !!
I do not know a tuner who will say the work from another tuner is good, it is always bad and he can always do better (but not often proven)
The main goal is power and torque, as soon at they are present (dyno test) there is more than 1 way to achieve the work !

magnacin
31st July, 2010, 02:56 PM
Ka-pa-za,
attached is tuning files from tuner as requested. Please review and let me know any comments.
Thanks.

clio_williams
31st July, 2010, 08:59 PM
these guys are normal just as every mapper in ordinary cars... When you demand a sophisticated remap even the car may not start:)))) I tested... especially in turbo benzina cars they fail...

Chaser
31st July, 2010, 10:57 PM
these guys are normal just as every mapper in ordinary cars... When you demand a sophisticated remap even the car may not start:)))) I tested... especially in turbo benzina cars they fail...

Was it due to checksums perhaps ?, not all of their files have had the checksumms updates/recalculated. Its does indicate this in the description but I didn't notice this for some time. I always work on the original file applying the differences with my own SW. This way I can see that things are done safely. I do this where ever the file comes from . All my checksums are updated by me anyway

For the guys that don't like them, who do you use now ??

bonehead070
4th August, 2010, 12:13 PM
i've came across their site a couple of days ago,
and i was curious if they are really good.

so i send them the original file of my 320d e46 136hp 2000.
the responded very quickly and helpfull.
but too bad it wasn't an original file and it was missing something.
so i need to get it flashed back to original file before they can help me :)

so for tuningfiles i have no experience with them, but helpfullness is very good from them

sim1234
5th September, 2010, 11:29 PM
hi all
i have been using Tuningfiles.com for a long time now probably 18 months and done at least 200 cars and never had any bad file.sometimes had customer say they experience little difference but this is due to not giving the file time to adapt in its self learn capability,24 hours after, they contact me to say all is good so my experience with this company is 5 stars.
would like to point out also the company always chucks free files sometimes to give you a bonus treat and is always willing to do a file after hours
keep up the great work guys

clio_williams
21st January, 2011, 09:29 PM
it is all based on chance. diesel ecus are easy to mod,every mapper shall catch the same values on diesels, As to the turbo benzina they fail. i get a file for volvo t4 ,it did not even started the car:)

ka-pa-za
21st January, 2011, 11:07 PM
If you send them a file that is allready modded, they don't even notice and raise the allready high maps higher.

grinovsky
21st January, 2011, 11:39 PM
Ka-pa-za,
attached is tuning files from tuner as requested. Please review and let me know any comments.
Thanks.

what's this m8,your freinds have tuned this car to have max speed engine at 26080 rpm and a max torque 557Nm?wow

avtonega
20th November, 2011, 08:33 PM
Some remap files from this guys attached

:listen:

DottoreBL
23rd February, 2015, 10:41 AM
I now it is an old thread, but do not want to open a new one ...

I m interested allso in Chip Tuning, so i need someone to do remaps for me, is they good or not ?

Or do u have someone else for chip tuning ?

Thank u