PDA

View Full Version : Basic Help To Install Brodit Active System

Lyrrad
20th July, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hi

I'm pretty clueless on this kind of thing, but I just phoned up an installer to get a brodit active aystem installed in a Nissan Micra 02, and the guy was really honest as said I should be able to do it myself. Having just gone to the car, I have easily managed to get to the back of the radio and the cigar lighter (this is where i was told I should splice into). I was advised it's best to use the radio if I don't want to run it off ignition. I just want to be able to charge my phone when in the car, although it seems so accesable that I might consider a bluetooth speaker system too.

My questions

If I run from ack of radio, does radio have o be switched on?

On the back of the radio there is one thick cable on it's own ( I suspect that is aerial) and then a load of other wires that go into a connector box that plugs into the radio. I think these are the wires i've got to connect to. The info I have gleaned is that I'm looking for the constant live, but that's all I know.

Also I don't have the code for the unit. Is that going to prsent a problem, or can I connect the car charger without disconnnecting the radio.

It#'s a Blaupunkt radio

BP634027919665