PDA

View Full Version : 95P08 Write Protection Activation

viacryptos
21st July, 2010, 12:21 AM
HEllo PEople! I'm working in a project with a 95p08... how i can to turn on the Write Protect mode when i go to use the memory in the board?.....I need to sold the PIN 3 to another pin???? i need to lift the pin of the W protect from the board....How i can Activate the Write Protect in this memory????
Thanks!

umoussa
21st July, 2010, 12:33 AM
This chip has WP register

So if you have Beeprog, you can program the chip by selecting WP to all memory range

Thanks

viacryptos
21st July, 2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks a lot!, well but i can not lift pin or connect by hardware to activate the WP???
thanks!

umoussa
21st July, 2010, 10:36 PM
you need to check the Pinouts of the chip then, but it's much easier to make it by software

viacryptos
21st July, 2010, 10:56 PM
Hello!, this is the datasheet...but, i don't understand what pin i need to lift or how i can do to activate WP....
Example is in a 24c04 i lift pin 7 and sold to a 8 pin and WP is activated.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/SGSThomsonMicroelectronics/mXuwrvq.pdf

And the beeprog is....1000usd aprox.....:(

thanks!

Darzik
22nd July, 2010, 08:46 PM
At 95p08 protection is activated only by a bit of protection (software). You must use the programmer (Omega, beeprog, etc.)

viacryptos
23rd July, 2010, 12:12 AM
Another cheapest programmer?????
thanks!!

elecauto
23rd July, 2010, 12:19 AM
With Beeprog make no read mark ?

autocargo
23rd July, 2010, 12:28 AM
I think the ST95P08 can be read with UPA-USB...Never done it but it is in their software. If you haven't got UPA it's worth buying because is not expensive and does a lot of eeproms and memory. You can find all information on Elrasoft site, they are selling the original stuff. Of course there are clones too.

viacryptos
23rd July, 2010, 12:54 AM
Yes, but i have the Xprog-m but i don't see anything related to security bytes in the menu....

youssef70
23rd July, 2010, 01:42 AM
Yes, but i have the Xprog-m but i don't see anything related to security bytes in the menu....
i have not xprog yet
but take a look under Run < change security state is it active after read ?

for upa write register state is possible in all SPI so i guess it can be locked by writing correct value ! dont remember but i saw in this forum one thread about ....

Zmann
23rd July, 2010, 02:05 AM
XProg-M does not support this fearute for SPI EEPROM. UPA does, the correct Status Register needs to be filled in the box then write Status Register to activate the write protect area.

'Change Security State' in XProg-M supports only to some MCU but not SPI as I can see.

kmike84
23rd July, 2010, 06:37 AM
Hello!, this is the datasheet...but, i don't understand what pin i need to lift or how i can do to activate WP....
Example is in a 24c04 i lift pin 7 and sold to a 8 pin and WP is activated.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/SGSThomsonMicroelectronics/mXuwrvq.pdf

And the beeprog is....1000usd aprox.....:(

thanks!

Hi!

If you lift pin3(/W) of the memory and connect it to pin 4(GND), the device should be read only by hardware.

Mike