PDA

View Full Version : ipos touch ,passowrd locked out ,,badly need help

loncell
21st July, 2010, 12:55 AM
my daughter has forgotten her new 4 digit password and now she cant get in her jailbroken3.1.2 fw ipod touch.

i was told to "restore" it using itunes but it seems that itunes will not only restore it but it will also update the the ipod touch to the very latest fw which i dont want to do. is this true or false ??.

at this point i downloaded the correct original firmware for her 8gb model "iPod2,1 3 1 2 7D11 Restore.ipsw" and i used firefox.

when i put the ipod touch into restore i hit the shift button on my PC while selecting the restore tab on screen.after this i selected the original 3.1.2 7D11 firmware but i was then left facing an on screen message saying i had selected the incorrected firmware.

the serial on the ipod touch ends in 75J so can somone please confirm that the above firmware i downloaded to resotre is the correct one,

can someone please help me restore or reset the password on a3.1.2 .jailbroken ipod touch , im borderlining on desperate as my little angel is becoming a little bitch without it!!!,
hols dont help !!

janobi
21st July, 2010, 09:35 AM
my daughter has forgotten her new 4 digit password and now she cant get in her jailbroken3.1.2 fw ipod touch.

i was told to "restore" it using itunes but it seems that itunes will not only restore it but it will also update the the ipod touch to the very latest fw which i dont want to do. is this true or false ??.

at this point i downloaded the correct original firmware for her 8gb model "iPod2,1 3 1 2 7D11 Restore.ipsw" and i used firefox.

when i put the ipod touch into restore i hit the shift button on my PC while selecting the restore tab on screen.after this i selected the original 3.1.2 7D11 firmware but i was then left facing an on screen message saying i had selected the incorrected firmware.

the serial on the ipod touch ends in 75J so can somone please confirm that the above firmware i downloaded to resotre is the correct one,

can someone please help me restore or reset the password on a3.1.2 .jailbroken ipod touch , im borderlining on desperate as my little angel is becoming a little bitch without it!!!,
hols dont help !!

What version of ipod is it mate? Eg version 1/2/3 as I think the fw is different for them.

iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download (http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/)

That site is excellent, and has all the fws with the serials, so you can check mate. Just looked and the restore fw is on there. Also worst case scenario mate is you upgrade to 4.0.1 then downgrade back to 3.1.2. Do you know if cydia has your shsh blobs stored?

loncell
21st July, 2010, 12:12 PM
i just checked on the link and i typed in the last 3 characters of the ipod touch's serial ( 75J ) and it say 3G - 8gb ipod touch.
i dont know about cydia and shsh blobs sorry.

loncell
21st July, 2010, 01:55 PM
i downloaded the 2g version istead of the 3g and it worked !!.thing is though , every tutorial and video suggest the IPOD touch is a 3g by checking with the serial and the missing line in the writing on the back , , , , wierd.

janobi
21st July, 2010, 06:36 PM
i downloaded the 2g version istead of the 3g and it worked !!.thing is though , every tutorial and video suggest the IPOD touch is a 3g by checking with the serial and the missing line in the writing on the back , , , , wierd.

You get this sorted now?