PDA

View Full Version : How to get in to my W210 ?

pinch
21st July, 2010, 07:27 PM
My old W210 T 1998 has been standing on the driveway for a while now and drained the battery.
It has the MB remote key and has probebly never used the locks, couldnt even get the key in.
After some work with oil and cleaner I managed to get the key in to the doorlock, but when I turn it its really hard but will flip over and go round 180 degrees and then its hard again and then flips over 180, the same both ways and the door doesnt unlock.
The trunk is impossible to get the key in.
Is there any easy ways of getting to the battery for charging or any other way to get in without damaging the door ?

rayjay
21st July, 2010, 07:44 PM
if this is pre deadlocking, then insert wire down door frame to pull the latch. have you tried soaking the locks in wd40 penetrating oil? and let them have a good soaking, i would then rake the keys into the locks a few times to remove any slight rust or grime and should catch the mechanism even if grimed up

the_riddler
21st July, 2010, 11:02 PM
My old W210 T 1998 has been standing on the driveway for a while now and drained the battery.
It has the MB remote key and has probebly never used the locks, couldnt even get the key in.
After some work with oil and cleaner I managed to get the key in to the doorlock, but when I turn it its really hard but will flip over and go round 180 degrees and then its hard again and then flips over 180, the same both ways and the door doesnt unlock.
The trunk is impossible to get the key in.
Is there any easy ways of getting to the battery for charging or any other way to get in without damaging the door ?

attach charger to starter (main cable) , and suitable earth,

and trickle charge it,

KLS
14th August, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi
it is a safety if you force a lock it turns around in the door some times it helps to move the key up and down in the locks or the key has to much wear and tear on the key because some peopel only use a remote to open a car and the only thing that works is the ign

dafdiagnos
18th August, 2010, 04:32 PM
i'd go along with the_riddler, you could connect charger to starter cable or connect an external 12v battery to starter or alternator m8