PDA

View Full Version : duck eggs

barrowmanandrew
23rd July, 2010, 02:10 PM
just bought maself some duck eggs out of curiousity.
a snip at 3 quid per half dozen...
whats the best way to cook them??? any idea's??

dannyspic
23rd July, 2010, 02:35 PM
just bought maself some duck eggs out of curiousity.
a snip at 3 quid per half dozen...
whats the best way to cook them??? any idea's??
the best way is simply poach in abit of vinager and water

krazylegz
23rd July, 2010, 04:39 PM
fry them like a normal egg..... and be prepared for some smelly farts as they are stronger than chicken eggs

daithi
24th July, 2010, 06:19 PM
scramble the be jesus out of them absolutely gorgeous

barrowmanandrew
24th July, 2010, 07:17 PM
i have six eggs
i will poach 2, fry 2 and scramble 2

results will be posted tomorrow morning/afternoon
(all dates/times are subject to hangover/feeling ill.)
no resposibility will be accepted for any illness, tam tits or rotten farts caused by this experiment...

enjoy..............

:argh::argh::argh::argh:
try at your own risk...:smokin:

Bulld0g
24th July, 2010, 07:21 PM
Reminds me of a long time ago when i tried turkey eggs.The ~~~~ers were nmassive, got them off a friend who worked on a turkey farm. Tasted the same as any other egg TBH lol Only difference was the yolk was a lot paler and the white creamier. ~~~~ all to do with duck eggs but i thought i'd post anyway lol

barrowmanandrew
24th July, 2010, 07:39 PM
lol, never tried them . just curious.
i fancy fryin up a bit of smoked bacon, then frying the duck eggs in the same pan to get the smokey flavour...
sounds ~~~~in ideal.....

bugaloo41
24th July, 2010, 08:08 PM
Never tasted them but hear they are very nice. Tried looking for them in the supermarkets but can never find any where did you buy them barrowman?

thered
25th July, 2010, 03:41 PM
they sell em in tesco's m8

nara
26th July, 2010, 08:08 AM
i have six eggs
i will poach 2, fry 2 and scramble 2

results will be posted tomorrow morning/afternoon

Still waiting for an update here.

barrowmanandrew
26th July, 2010, 11:01 AM
Never tasted them but hear they are very nice. Tried looking for them in the supermarkets but can never find any where did you buy them barrowman?
i've never seen them in shops, got them at a farmers stall in a market in glasgow...
@ nara
sorry nara,
been on the booze all weekend, misus is away buying the bacon now, will update soon....

right just cooked some,
i fryed 2 and scrambled 2, the eggs look much the same as chicken eggs except the eggwhite is sort of runnier.
they are much easier to cook then hens eggs, both fryed eggs came out perfect and didnt burn scrambled eggs to the arse of the pan, like i usually do.
generally more tasty, especially the yolk. a much richer flavour alround.
i really enjoyed them both, more so the scrambled eggs. texture is diffrent, really nice
they seem to stick together better than hens egg, i think they'll make great omellettes.
may try that next time....