PDA

View Full Version : External Hardrive

roystheboy
23rd July, 2010, 11:47 PM
Hi i am looking to back up my PC a full back up everything that is on my PC Inclueding programs, windows, films, games, there are so many out there its so confuseing which one to choose could some kind person recomend a really good one cheers take care best regards

racin-snake
24th July, 2010, 12:36 AM
i have two a 360 seagate and a iomega 1 tb
both are sturdy backups

roystheboy
24th July, 2010, 09:44 AM
thanks will they do a cmpleat backup cheers

racin-snake
24th July, 2010, 01:25 PM
oh yesssss good units one is a usb only no external power
the other (iomega) is desk based with fan for cooling needs external power both cost around 80 gbp
backup for the whole system is esential as i have just fond out to my discomfort

roystheboy
24th July, 2010, 03:40 PM
thanks a lot could you give me the site where I can get one of these hope you dont mind cheers take care best regards

racin-snake
24th July, 2010, 04:25 PM
maplins ...and tesco direct worth a go

NZBrakelathes
6th August, 2010, 09:44 AM
Just order a new desk top box basic thing - what or how should I run back ups etc? I have business program and data etc - A suggestions on how I can try and protect against hard drive failure? Mind you never happened to me - YET but it is possible yer?

dik
6th August, 2010, 12:13 PM
The easiest automatic way is to get another hdd identical to the one in your pc (assuming it's a desktop pc) and set it to run in mirrored raid, then pc will mirror all data to other drive, and all read and write operations are done simultaneously to both drives. If one ever fails you lose nothing, buy another drive put it in and windows re mirrors it. With external hdd you can use acronis true image to periodically or continuously back up