PDA

View Full Version : diag tool for truck

BATLER
24th July, 2010, 09:55 PM
hello all!!,i need your help and i would appreciate it!a good friend of mine want to buy a scanner for trucks and buses that it can do us much brands as possible for the beginning <as he is a beginner in heavy machines> .he has already many tools in his garage only for cars but many customers want help with their trucks .pls lets help him to get start !!

thank you in advance, best regards

grigorean_alexandru
4th August, 2010, 11:00 AM
hello all!!,i need your help and i would appreciate it!a good friend of mine want to buy a scanner for trucks and buses that it can do us much brands as possible for the beginning <as he is a beginner in heavy machines> .he has already many tools in his garage only for cars but many customers want help with their trucks .pls lets help him to get start !!

hello there, have you find out if there is any interface for your firend? because i am also looking for one.

thank you!

jtr8178
4th August, 2010, 11:07 AM

You are better off purchasing a laptop and a J1939/J1708 datalink communicator, IE Nexiq USB Link. With a laptop, you can store virutally every kind of software to do everything you need. Our shop uses one, and it has all programs on it -- CAT, Cummins, Detroit, MBE, Allison, Wabco, Bendix, etc...

Going the scanner route is difficult. They are expensive, and when new engines/eletronics come out, you need to purchase another one for the same engine. If you go the software method, upgrades are usually free.

grigorean_alexandru
4th August, 2010, 04:06 PM
You are better off purchasing a laptop and a J1939/J1708 datalink communicator, IE Nexiq USB Link. With a laptop, you can store virutally every kind of software to do everything you need. Our shop uses one, and it has all programs on it -- CAT, Cummins, Detroit, MBE, Allison, Wabco, Bendix, etc...

Going the scanner route is difficult. They are expensive, and when new engines/eletronics come out, you need to purchase another one for the same engine. If you go the software method, upgrades are usually free.

and how can you make a diagnosis?

jctech
4th August, 2010, 07:22 PM
Try this thread for adapter to use with a laptop

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f128/interface-140302/

The datalink adapter converts the language the truck or bus is speaking, (usually SAE J1939 or SAE J1708/1587) to your computer language RS232 via your PC com port or USB port

Hope this helps
John

dimitar22
4th August, 2010, 07:52 PM
Plese can any one tell me what is the best palce to buy man cats 2 that will work with new man trucks with CAN protocol.

Thank you in advance.

superc0
4th August, 2010, 09:55 PM
nexiq is a good interface for trucks works good.

hercamp
5th August, 2010, 12:40 AM
man cats II diagnostic MAN truck diagnostic (http://diagnostic55.com/man.php)

try this.

CNOBD2
5th August, 2010, 09:46 AM
I still puzzled with the link you mentioned (man cats II diagnostic MAN truck diagnostic (http://diagnostic55.com/man.php)), and I found this by google Tuner Tools, the inside line: CarDAQ-Plus - PassThru J2534 Vehicle Reflash Hardware, Drew Technologies, DT-CarDAQ-Plus (http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DT-CarDAQ-Plus) please explain if I want to work on MAN trucks, what I need to buy and where i buy the software?

try this.

jtr8178
5th August, 2010, 10:42 AM
and how can you make a diagnosis?

Just my opinion from working in a diesel shop with 25+ technicians.

dimitar22
6th August, 2010, 05:21 PM

try this.

It is too expensive, just the car diag interface it is ok, but i can't find dongle for the sofware i have.

dafdiagnos
8th August, 2010, 11:26 PM
where as car multibrand diagnostics are 10 a penny, hgv multibrand diagnostics are less common & more expensive as they don't have to follow a set protocol. the best way is to buy diagnostics for each brand, but for a basic diagnostic package you could go for the texa m8

dimitar22
23rd August, 2010, 02:57 PM

try this.

I've decided to buy man cats 2 from them are they good and reliable, any experience with them?

phillip correction
30th August, 2010, 12:20 PM
i have been using texa navigator for the past year
its one of the best on trucks and buses and plant

phillip correction
30th August, 2010, 12:21 PM
texa navigator is one of the best for trucks trailers buses plant

stealthier
30th August, 2010, 12:28 PM
I've decided to buy man cats 2 from them are they good and reliable, any experience with them?

You bought it already? what is your opinion? Keep us informed please...

dimitar22
30th August, 2010, 07:25 PM
I have order it waiting to arrive by ems.

RU$$ELL
31st August, 2010, 01:05 PM
did you get the software bud?

dimitar22
31st August, 2010, 03:11 PM
complete set software installed on laptop.

dsskaren
31st August, 2010, 08:23 PM

as a beginning he should have a laptop . most of the programs he will need are right here. just starting he doesn't need a toughbook (can pick up a cheep laptop with xp pro on it)

dieselman77
1st September, 2010, 04:21 PM
CAN GET CHEAP REFURBISHED TOUGHBOOK FOR ABOUT $400 WITH A WARRANTY ONLINE YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AROUND I THINK THE SITE IS ECOST.COM THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT REFURBISHED TOUGHBOOKS WITH WARRANTY FOR 1-2 YEARS CIRCUIT CITY.COM ALSO HAS THEM FOR CHEAP MONEY AS WELL

servando
22nd September, 2010, 04:20 AM
hello friend I NEDD KEY FOR ( ESA) ANALIST SERVICE ELECTRONIS-....FOR TRUCK KENWORTH ONLY OEM

lanchero
13th December, 2010, 03:56 AM
I?ve bought the newest interface of Nexiq, the WVL2 it support?s the protocol Two?J1939/ISO 15765/CAN and I suppose that it function to scan the protocol J1939 but I don?t know the function of the J1939 Shield (only if heavy cable is used).

Can somebody help me whit this doubt, please.

Regards.

servando
27th July, 2011, 04:17 AM
hello friends ... I require the software for multiplexed kenworth trucks

nicole99wu
27th July, 2011, 08:26 AM
I think the ps2 and the autocom are the good choice. They both can diagnose all kinds of trucks.

STK340
28th July, 2011, 05:45 PM
I think the ps2 and the autocom are the good choice. They both can diagnose all kinds of trucks.
you used autocom on trucks tell me about, can do adaptation?