PDA

View Full Version : Dumping/cloning ME 7.5 ECU

AmIdYfReAk
25th July, 2010, 12:57 AM
I have a Programmed me7.5 ECU, I'm wondering if its possible to do a Software dump on it, and write that on another ECU with the same part number?

The Ecu in question is a VW 06A 906 032 DL , Me7.5 C2-3 0003

I wont be able to Remove the EEPROM off of the board and place it in a programmer, is there a way Via the ODB port?

Thanks in advance.

rsibiza
26th July, 2010, 05:00 PM
I have a Programmed me7.5 ECU, I'm wondering if its possible to do a Software dump on it, and write that on another ECU with the same part number?

The Ecu in question is a VW 06A 906 032 DL , Me7.5 C2-3 0003

I wont be able to Remove the EEPROM off of the board and place it in a programmer, is there a way Via the ODB port?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it s possible,with apropriate tool an knowledge:egg:

But if you have no knowledge,dont touch...read post here:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f134/skoda-octavia-1-9tdi-pd-2008-need-tunined-file-146799/#post683218

and understand what happens,if you touch ecu's with no apropriate tools,and no knowledge.

I dont wanna hurt nobody. But this is the thruth

AmIdYfReAk
26th July, 2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the information and link, i have a Galletto cable on the way, it will work with V1260.

Also, a friend has helped me by saying if i read/flash 29f800 and 95040 in the ECU with the same model ECU, it should clone perfectly.

I was more looking more to confirm that beyond anything :)

Chaser
27th July, 2010, 01:08 PM
Some tuning companies modify the serial eeprom as well to stop people doing what your thinking of and if thats the case it won't work unless there is an easy way round it.

rsibiza
27th July, 2010, 01:29 PM
Some tuning companies modify the serial eeprom as well to stop people doing what your thinking of and if thats the case it won't work unless there is an easy way round it.

Yep,you learned the hard way:questionmark:

Your R32 engine? now running fine. Hope so...

Chaser
27th July, 2010, 01:41 PM
Finally, yes. Its not mine but a customers of another workshop that I do stuff for occasionally. Everything had to cleared back to stock then readapted with vagcom so a lot of wasted time and lost money. Unfortunately many of the cars there have been modified already so I'm going to keep seeing these issues again and again. I'm still not sure what the best way to sort this out properly or do I somehow build a library of virgin immo files ?

I had a similar prob with a MkV GTI that I think mentioned too

AmIdYfReAk
27th July, 2010, 10:30 PM

i have Three ecu's available to me, all with the same model/etc.

Two of them are bone stock, while the other has a "Stage 1" flash on it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a hold of the stockers long enough to dump them, then Do a hex compare between the Stock ECU's, then Between those and the "chipped" one.

Chaser
27th July, 2010, 11:36 PM
i have Three ecu's available to me, all with the same model/etc.

Two of them are bone stock, while the other has a "Stage 1" flash on it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a hold of the stockers long enough to dump them, then Do a hex compare between the Stock ECU's, then Between those and the "chipped" one.

There is a prog that I use called HexCmp just for this purpose, its great
Which company did the stage 1 flash ?. Many don't modify the immo eeprom only the big names ones it would seem. I have the modified APR one from the R32 mentioned above and I think I may have the newly adapted one too. Its a pity I wasn't able to get hold of the ECU before it went back in the car and the guys had already performed adaption.

I also have two ME9.1 cars both with APR crap on them. These have me stuffed atm. I have full dumps via BDM off one and with the other we are having the ecu put back to stock by APR here. Ill be interested to see what they do when they put it 'back to stock' though. Perhaps they have that particular cars VIN in a database and are able to restore the original data. Hopefully it will be virginised though and I'll get a dump for comparison.

With the first car we did not know the car had been modified as the APR 'security lockout' feature had been enabled before the owner had purchased the vehicle. I could press the usual cruise control combinations and nothing would happen. We could't read the rom via OBDII so i opted for BDM . I took full dumps of everything and then proceded to load one of our stage 1 flashes (not locked in any way) and the car would not start. After attempting many flashes of different types we gave up and loaded the original complete dump back on. This unlocked the 'security lockout' so in the end the owner did get a tuned file of sorts for a lot cheaper :). Not as good as our tunes though.

I really have to learn this immo stuff its really annoying it shouldn't be allowed and the owner should be informed of this at the start. Over here VAG dealers are telling owner they need to have the whole ECU replaced as they say theycan't flash it back to stock either. I'm not sure of this though

AmIdYfReAk
27th July, 2010, 11:41 PM
There is a prog that I use called HexCmp just for this purpose, its great
Which company did the stage 1 flash ?. Many don't modify the immo eeprom only the big names ones it would seem. I have the modified APR one from the R32 mentioned above and I think I may have the newly adapted one too. Its a pity I wasn't able to get hold of the ECU before it went back in the car and the guys had already performed adaption.

I also have two ME9.1 cars both with APR crap on them. These have me stuffed atm. I have full dumps via BDM off one and with the other we are having the ecu put back to stock by APR here. Ill be interested to see what they do when they put it 'back to stock' though. Perhaps they have that particular cars VIN in a database and are able to restore the original data. Hopefully it will be virginised though and I'll get a dump for comparison.

With the first car we did not know the car had been modified as the APR 'security lockout' feature had been enabled before the owner had purchased the vehicle. I could press the usual cruise control combinations and nothing would happen. We could't read the rom via OBDII so i opted for BDM . I took full dumps of everything and then proceded to load one of our stage 1 flashes (not locked in any way) and the car would not start. After attempting many flashes of different types we gave up and loaded the original complete dump back on. This unlocked the 'security lockout' so in the end the owner did get a tuned file of sorts for a lot cheaper :). Not as good as our tunes though.

I really have to learn this immo stuff its really annoying it shouldn't be allowed and the owner should be informed of this at the start. Over here VAG dealers are telling owner they need to have the whole ECU replaced as they say theycan't flash it back to stock either. I'm not sure of this though

I got the IMMO defeated from the Chipped ECU, The same friend did it who informed me what chips to dump as well.

The dealers are not equipped to flash the ECU back to stock, and they dont have the maps available to them. So the simplest way for them to do it correctly with a 100% success rate would be to put a stock ECU back in.

That much i can agree with, However, its not on topic :)

rsibiza
28th July, 2010, 12:03 PM
I got the IMMO defeated from the Chipped ECU, The same friend did it who informed me what chips to dump as well.

The dealers are not equipped to flash the ECU back to stock, and they dont have the maps available to them. So the simplest way for them to do it correctly with a 100% success rate would be to put a stock ECU back in.

That much i can agree with, However, its not on topic :)

Believe it or not. They have the flash(audi flash cd,vw flash cd...etc)

they tell you need replace and flash back to last stock update.

Real bargain of some ?