PDA

View Full Version : Dbox keys

Bobby Davro
14th April, 2008, 10:13 PM
Can you give me a note of the keys for D box (not Dream Box) please??

thommo
14th April, 2008, 10:15 PM
same on either, no keys needed now, theres a fix, 1st link in my sig. try to read a bit before posting straight away its a little hard to miss on here mate its posted everywhere about this.

thanks.

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 10:38 PM
Awright Bobby!

The keys haven't changed so they should still work.

Advark
18th April, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hi

I'm new to this and a bit confused. How long do keys last.

I updated my keys on 11th because I couldn't get any channels and the same happened tonight when I turned on the box.

Is there any way of setting the box to autoupdate.
Cheers

allycoops
18th April, 2008, 10:57 PM
Advark read the links in Kaos's or Thomo's signature above, they will help you sort your box out mate

Advark
18th April, 2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks mate, I've looked around and think I can crack the prob.

marz
5th May, 2008, 02:22 PM
i tried to the keys on the box and still no joy. i dont know if it needs re flashing of what but cant even get it to work on using ifa and null cable.this is driving me crazy. amy tips as new to this?

Jaffa
5th May, 2008, 03:11 PM
i tried to the keys on the box and still no joy. i dont know if it needs re flashing of what but cant even get it to work on using ifa and null cable.this is driving me crazy. amy tips as new to this?

Have you got evocamd running ???

What image is on the dbox at the minute, there are some images which have been created after the messing with keys and they will auto update for you. Sometimes you may need to try a different version of IFA but you should be able to flash an image with flashfxp if you have a crossover cable.

Devilfish
5th May, 2008, 03:15 PM
You need a crossover ethernet cable to flash a dbox2 using IFA. Have a look in the dbox-guides download section (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5).

marz
5th May, 2008, 03:17 PM
i know about those images and have them however the problem is that i cant get these to go one dbox using null cable and ifa. i have no clue of what i might be doign wrong? (sorry if not clear - new to this)

smirnoff_rules
5th May, 2008, 03:18 PM
do u think its a port setting problem on the pc ,has to be why your null isnt working.. ?

marz
5th May, 2008, 03:37 PM
in regards to the crossover ethernet cable - i am using a ethernet cable however i just got it off my router. is their a difference between a ethernet and crossover ethernet wire?

marz
5th May, 2008, 03:38 PM
if everything is correct could it be to do with ip address being wrong? but i used what was on the box.

jamiemoonie
5th May, 2008, 03:41 PM
how do i put the keys into the box on my dbox2 sagem trying but do not no what to do any help would be great thanks

alec
6th May, 2008, 01:44 PM
n regards to the crossover ethernet cable - i am using a ethernet cable however i just got it off my router

Well m8 connect router to dbox and use this cable. As long it is not the computer,you are using, to router cable.

busynav
10th May, 2008, 10:23 PM
Will this work with Commando 9 image as well? Thanks

Jaffa
10th May, 2008, 10:26 PM
Will this work with Commando 9 image as well? Thanks

Yes it works with any image

burr1545
15th May, 2008, 11:04 AM
in regards to the crossover ethernet cable - i am using a ethernet cable however i just got it off my router. is their a difference between a ethernet and crossover ethernet wire?

yes ,there is a big difference , crossover cables allow u to connect devices directly without going through a router , a 'normal' network cable doesnt as the cores arent crossed , ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

hope thats some help ,

Burr

blah2809
15th May, 2008, 11:42 PM
I think there's huge confusion over crossover cables and ethernet cables when talking about dboxes. I've always used a straight ethernet to connect either from my laptop or router to the dbox. I've never seen why a crossover would be needed.

I have my dbox permanently connected to the router with a static IP and use that IP in IFA and it works great. Can't find my IFA version number - 1.5.6 I think but it's so much better than the last one I had.

scorpion120
27th May, 2008, 07:31 PM
so where did you get the keys from then?

aftermath
27th May, 2008, 07:57 PM
so where did you get the keys from then?

not from here thats for sure, do a google you might find them elsewhere, we dont do keys on here, if anyone does post any we will delete them.

Devilfish
27th May, 2008, 08:21 PM
And that's the same for all forums...not just this one.

It's not worth it, posting keys on the forum, we could get into a lot of trouble and even shutdown.