PDA

View Full Version : new dream fix

mark015
14th April, 2008, 10:23 PM
why cant we get the above fix as a add on then we cud d/load it from the d. w download addons menu section on box?

slasher
14th April, 2008, 10:26 PM
yea i would like DW2.0 including latest fix and ready to use via dreamup as dreamup is only thing i have any experience of, iam currently on 165 and want to move to version 2.0 anyways. anyone ???

thommo
14th April, 2008, 10:34 PM
looks like you need to try learn a bit then mate, experience you say well if you learn how to fix it yourself you will have experience in that too. this site is for learning and people wont put it on a plate for you as theres no point in it, there is a point in learning how to sort your own box though.

sorry mate but thats how it works. easy option isnt always the best option for you and us.

tbh honest im im not saying this applies to you so dont think it but i personally have no interest in helping people who only want a ready made fix as as i see it im just like there trader if i do so, only im not taking any cash.

might not be the feelings of everyone on here but i think most would agree.

the fix and the instructions are all here and if you get stuck you can post for help.

thanks.

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 10:40 PM
I have a feeling it might be on the Dw server within the next 24 hours. ;)

So those that have their dreambox networked and connected to their router will be able to download it.

But, if you're box is connected to your router, why don't you simply ftp the new file to it. It's all setup ready!

mark015
14th April, 2008, 10:47 PM
i understand wat ur saying thommo my box has the new fix and i was just wanting a easy fix for my parents and other family members who dont have a clue about ftp and other techy stuff also saves the traveling about..

thommo
14th April, 2008, 10:49 PM
i understand wat ur saying thommo my box has the new fix and i was just wanting a easy fix for my parents and other family members who dont have a clue about ftp and other techy stuff also saves the traveling about..

it was more a reply to slasher mate, these things get muddled with people not posting in there own threads. your answer is under mine by kaos.

mark015
14th April, 2008, 10:51 PM
it was more a reply to slasher mate, these things get muddled with people not posting in there own threads. your answer is under mine by kaos.

ooopps a see it all now thommo sorry.

slasher
14th April, 2008, 10:52 PM

iam of the same feeling as mark though, i have already done my box but was thinking it would be good idea for the people who dont hardly know how to switch on a pc never mind flash a box, lol

mark015
14th April, 2008, 10:52 PM
yea i would like DW2.0 including latest fix and ready to use via dreamup as dreamup is only thing i have any experience of, iam currently on 165 and want to move to version 2.0 anyways. anyone ???
tut tut tut,get ur own thread slasher.lol

Devilfish
14th April, 2008, 10:55 PM
I've got a schedule of friends and family bringing their boxes to my house over the next few days....bloody nightmare!

At least I'll not need to buy beer for a few months :roflmao:

slasher
14th April, 2008, 10:55 PM
tut tut tut,get ur own thread slasher.lol

lol, yea right, hahahahaha

thommo
14th April, 2008, 10:58 PM
iam of the same feeling as mark though, i have already done my box but was thinking it would be good idea for the people who dont hardly know how to switch on a pc never mind flash a box, lol

i see what your saying but other people should have to learn too, and if they cant then the fact you have learned how to do it should bode well and you can help them with the knowledge you have gained.

what you can do for friends and family is do a backup up of your fixed image and put it on there box to fix it. (if you cant just add the file via flash fxp that is)

as kaos has said though the fix will be on the dw download plugin menu within 24hrs, which is good for now onwards but you can see that the fix has been out a few days now and for the people who dont want to wait a few days till it appears on download plugins the best way is to learn or take a backup of your image and put it on family or friends boxes once you have done yours.

thanks.

mark015
14th April, 2008, 10:58 PM
I've got a schedule of friends and family bringing their boxes to my house over the next few days....bloody nightmare!

At least I'll not need to buy beer for a few months :roflmao:

lol good on you,a just dont want to have to go to my grans house to do it as there house stinks of pish cats that is lol .but they do have the dream sorted for the net if need be as they know how to download the addons ..see there ok really the dear old folk .lol