PDA

View Full Version : BMW D Can

absciaco1
26th July, 2010, 02:12 PM
Just wondering does anyone have experience with these interfaces (eBay.ie: BMW D-CAN DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE (item 220630380722 end time 30-Jul-10 22:30:03 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220630380722#ht_1041wt_930))
and what they thought of it. I have asked the seller a few questions about compatibility and they say it will diagnose and program all cars from 20 pin to newer can based E60. I would like Autologic but cant afford it and am somewhat afraid of chinese clones (stories of reliability and damage being caused). There is also the fact that GT1 and OPPS are obsolete now. Do you spend ?1200 on something that's obsolete but will do older cars or try the one for ?200. I am hoping to increase my No of BMW customers but am finding INPA no longer does me.
Any help would be appreciated

greg38
14th August, 2010, 11:27 PM
Hi,

i using this interface for all BMW D-Can Cars:

BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface bei eBay.de: Handmess- Testger?te (endet 13.09.10 15:10:26 MESZ) (http://cgi.ebay.de/BMW-INPA-Ediabas-K-DCAN-USB-Interface-/260620472658?pt=Elektroger%C3%A4te)

for 159 €

Bye

Greg

LaiWongBao
14th August, 2010, 11:41 PM
Or you can use this dongle.

BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface, D-CAN, CAN on eBay.ca (item 200506236067 end time 07-Sep-10 15:31:00 EDT) (http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-INPA-Ediabas-K-DCAN-USB-Interface-D-CAN-CAN-/200506236067?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools)

This is what I am using myself. It works just fine.

You can try sending them an offer, but they will reject with the lowest price. Up to you which ever you want.

gtmech
15th August, 2010, 06:31 AM
Never had any problems with my clones and I have 11 of them. Work perfectly everytime so I would buy the clone if I was you. I use the GT1 for BMW and havent had anything it wont talk to yet. Go the Clones!!!!
I know lots of people hate the clones but you can't please everyone.

LaiWongBao
15th August, 2010, 08:18 PM
Never had any problems with my clones and I have 11 of them. Work perfectly everytime so I would buy the clone if I was you. I use the GT1 for BMW and havent had anything it wont talk to yet. Go the Clones!!!!
I know lots of people hate the clones but you can't please everyone.

Clones are okay, but just make sure you get the right one!
I've tried other clones before and they have some issue when trying to communicate with different software. Make sure the clone is EXACTLY what you need. Other wise you might be stuck with something that does not work at all.

maaxxyy
16th August, 2010, 10:30 PM
I use the first interface mentioned. Very good tool, i use it daily. Software is a pain to install if you want full DIS, but once you get to grips with it, it runs like clockwork.

koziolek
17th August, 2010, 03:17 AM
I use this interface my self and no problem so far
BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface, D-CAN, CAN on eBay.ca (item 200506236067 end time 07-Sep-10 15:31:00 EDT) (http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-INPA-Ediabas-K-DCAN-USB-Interface-D-CAN-CAN-/200506236067?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools)

stupidguy
17th August, 2010, 11:41 PM
Mine died and will only work on engine and transmission now as though pins are not jumped.

Sleuth
20th August, 2010, 04:25 PM
tieCAR.net Company - Home (http://www.tiecar.net/)

I heard that my interface will be D-can ready in a bit..Man I like dealing with People-Companies that seem to be on OUR side...producing Quality and workmanship..its what we all need. There is a place in the Uk to buy them also..not sure where..you gotta do a little research

turbo965
21st August, 2010, 10:31 PM
hi guys is it true that the d-can has all the same functions as the gt1, as i want to buy one if so. as its cheaper than gt1. any help appreciated.

cheers

xoom
21st August, 2010, 11:39 PM
Maybe somebody know is dumps is available from D CAN? and maybe can someone put a photo of this interface.. becouse i have seen one photo full with jumper wires and all flooded with some glue or smth like that :)

Thank you,
Best Regards.

ipejasinovic
22nd August, 2010, 01:19 AM
Already was pic of some version, pcb pic. It's very similar to VCDS.

AC_SHNITZER
5th September, 2010, 12:29 AM
Maybe somebody know is dumps is available from D CAN? and maybe can someone put a photo of this interface.. becouse i have seen one photo full with jumper wires and all flooded with some glue or smth like that :)

Thank you,
Best Regards.
dump and fuse of atmega anyone?

omglol
5th September, 2010, 10:26 AM
OFF: Which of the softwares that work with this D-CAN interface from eBay is easiest to install?

nerwus
9th September, 2010, 11:53 PM
OFF: Which of the softwares that work with this D-CAN interface from eBay is easiest to install?

INPA can be install and ready to run within 30 minutes. This type of IF works with all EDIABAS base tools (inpa, dis, ncs, nfs, sss, tool32).
DCAN is a simple translation device from KWP2000 to ISO15762 standard (BWM DS2/DS3 to CAN).
I have developed complete DCAN HW & SW from scratch.

AC_SHNITZER
11th September, 2010, 01:20 AM
INPA can be install and ready to run within 30 minutes. This type of IF works with all EDIABAS base tools (inpa, dis, ncs, nfs, sss, tool32).
DCAN is a simple translation device from KWP2000 to ISO15762 standard (BWM DS2/DS3 to CAN).
Please share with us !

isma123
11th September, 2010, 02:28 AM
does it works with original soft ? tnks

nerwus
11th September, 2010, 05:01 PM
All D_CAN hardware are simple translators from DS2 to CAN.
They work with Ediabas as standard STD:OBD interface.
I am afraid that next day it will be available on Ebay and this is something that I would like to avoid.
I will share a Demo version soon.

ipejasinovic
11th September, 2010, 05:13 PM
Share project but protect it with a good password. Then, you can decide to who you will give it.

oep
11th September, 2010, 05:18 PM
One off question;
I have Inpa 502 Ediabas 647, how ever, i cant scan complete E60 (its on k-line) dis on vmware runs normally...
I there complete inpa for kline bmw models? Link?
The one i have is .iso 335Mb

svid
11th September, 2010, 07:35 PM
And what is the point to creat D-CAN, if INPA normally works with J2534 Pass-Thru interfaces?

cipijoint
12th September, 2010, 10:33 PM
Long time before this forum started or many people here on this forum knew about what is a Dcan and ediabas , some clever friendly guy from germany developed a can interface, and write code flash for atmega 162 .
Everybody can build it , due his free project.
can be found at : Michaels Electronic Projects - Mictronics (http://www.Mictronics.de)
I upload the atmega dump also here and pcb .

Only thing is to programm the right fuse bits for atmega acordlngly with your similar vag-com interface , and set corectly your ediabas , then you have DCan.

btw..i dont beg for thanks >:)

ipejasinovic
12th September, 2010, 10:45 PM
Are you sure that this device can work as D-CAN? With any change in firmware?

duguqiubai
14th September, 2010, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by nerwus http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f155/bmw-d-can-149066-post759443/#post759443)
Please share with us !

Harrycz44
21st September, 2010, 05:37 AM
D-can work good with new models BMW from 2004 but E39 E46 do not programing!!! SSS DIS

absciaco1
23rd September, 2010, 09:22 PM
Well I bought the interface and am happy with it. Have tried it on E39/E46/ E60/ E90. It does not seem to work on the old round connectors but nothing is perfect (the inpa does work on the round connectors). Overall I am happy with it.

PANFUTY
25th September, 2010, 11:03 AM
Long time before this forum started or many people here on this forum knew about what is a Dcan and ediabas , some clever friendly guy from germany developed a can interface, and write code flash for atmega 162 .
Everybody can build it , due his free project.
can be found at : Michaels Electronic Projects - Mictronics (http://www.Mictronics.de)
I upload the atmega dump also here and pcb .

Only thing is to programm the right fuse bits for atmega acordlngly with your similar vag-com interface , and set corectly your ediabas , then you have DCan.

btw..i dont beg for thanks >:)
It seems like CAN HACKER and i do not think it will work like D-CAN :)

yorugualoco
7th October, 2010, 04:31 AM
I think kkl will work as dcan just adjusting some data via software

viercha
9th October, 2010, 11:13 AM
Does this adapter work with BMW on DCAN?

astrofil
20th October, 2010, 05:15 AM
Can I proggram and code the car with this interface as like with regullar GT1 head if I have installed DIS and SSS on my laptop?

FAL
20th October, 2010, 05:42 PM
Does this adapter work with BMW on DCAN?
Yes, it works on Diagnostic-CAN.

FAL
20th October, 2010, 05:45 PM
Can I proggram and code the car with this interface as like with regullar GT1 head if I have installed DIS and SSS on my laptop?
Yes you can, but you will need DiagHead v1.2

toms4
20th October, 2010, 10:49 PM
Yes, it works on Diagnostic-CAN.

Do you mean Michaels Electronic Projects - Mictronics (http://www.Mictronics.de) USB CAN adapter with Atmega162 and SJA1000 ?

viercha
27th November, 2010, 07:52 AM
FAL

Do you mean this works on BMW D-CAN?

shitad
28th November, 2010, 11:16 PM
I bought myself a BMW D-Can interface and so far it seems to work well on BMW up to 2004 without no problems . I am unable to get it to work on a 2008 X5 and a 2005 325 Turbo, I want to check the tire pressure monitoring system and ABS but no communication. Do I need to run the D-Can setup.exe ???
If I can remember correctly I was able to connect with the DME and pull trouble codes but other DME functions did not work.
What am I doing wrong ???

Regards

melly5669
6th December, 2010, 08:18 AM
As I understand and realize from others forum, this D-Can interface work well as below:
Models that require D-CAN:
- E60, E61 after 3/2007
- E83 after 9/2006
- E81, E87 after 3/2007
- E90, E91, E92, E93 after 3/2007
- E70 (New X5)
- R56 (New Mini)
- And others...
Features:
- Connects to USB and OBD2 socket with Double K-Line support for old models.
- High Speed D-CAN and PT-CAN support (500 kbit/s)
- Low Speed PT-CAN support (100 kbit/s)
Regards

hipolitogt
10th December, 2010, 03:59 PM
I have one from china interface and works ok, but I wonder to know if I can code/program with SSS with this interface with new cars like e60/e90/e87, I successfully coded my two e46 cars, but I don't have a new car to test... has anybody test coding/programming a new car with this interface?

thanks!!!!

As I understand and realize from others forum, this D-Can interface work well as below:
Models that require D-CAN:
- E60, E61 after 3/2007
- E83 after 9/2006
- E81, E87 after 3/2007
- E90, E91, E92, E93 after 3/2007
- E70 (New X5)
- R56 (New Mini)
- And others...
Features:
- Connects to USB and OBD2 socket with Double K-Line support for old models.
- High Speed D-CAN and PT-CAN support (500 kbit/s)
- Low Speed PT-CAN support (100 kbit/s)
Regards

cipijoint
26th December, 2010, 04:18 PM
How can be OPPS obsolette? :)))))))
Via OPPS now its working ISIS for some people that managed to installit.
And OPPS its obsolette?
Anyway DCAN cannot do speed over 115.000 bps, so programming its dead . some winkfpt users can do flashing but slow and carefully.no sss!
coding yes ,for thos who knows.

oep
3rd January, 2011, 11:16 PM
Anybody has any info on dcan's ATF?
Dump?

Sleuth
3rd February, 2011, 10:43 PM
Cantiecar has D-can ready ! It was a FREE upgrade for me..just update the firmware of your device from website !

Larue
5th February, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cantiecar has D-can ready ! It was a FREE upgrade for me..just update the firmware of your device from website !
I already have that Cantiecar interface and would be interested to try it with BMW software. I haven't worked before with it and My questions are:
1. There are 3 modes available
- BMW EDIABAS: STD:OBD
- BMW EDIABAS: ADS
- BMW EDIABAS: D-CAN (STD:OBD + CAN)
Which mode does what ,for which models and what functions are available for that interface ? In My understanding that 3rd option does the same as first + CAN option.
2. There are DIS,SSS,INPA and so on software available for BMW. What software does what and which part of it is working with Cantiecar interface and finally what versions of software it can use?
3. I have started to look around for GT1 chinese clone....
Would this be reasonable alternative to GT1? If I understand right this can't be alternative for OPPS.
Thats about it at the moment.
Was searching on DK, on the internet,already have some answers but now I'm getting a bit lost in BMW :withstupid:
Thanks!:ciao:

AlOdin
5th February, 2011, 02:32 PM
I already have that Cantiecar interface and would be interested to try it with BMW software. I haven't worked before with it and My questions are:
1. There are 3 modes available
- BMW EDIABAS: STD:OBD
- BMW EDIABAS: ADS
- BMW EDIABAS: D-CAN (STD:OBD + CAN)

Which mode does what ,for which models and what functions are available for that interface ?

old car's scripts is required full interface (GT1/OPS) or ADS
(up to e39)

In My understanding that 3rd option does the same as first + CAN option.

yes, you are right

2. There are DIS,SSS,INPA and so on software available for BMW. What software does what and which part of it is working with Cantiecar interface and finally what versions of software it can use?

all

3. I have started to look around for GT1 chinese clone....
Would this be reasonable alternative to GT1?

yes. GT1 and OPS

If I understand right this can't be alternative for OPPS.

it can to be alternative for OPPS up to optic interface

Thats about it at the moment.
Was searching on DK, on the internet,already have some answers but now I'm getting a bit lost in BMW :withstupid:

it is very important...
you have to investigate and learn BMW philosophy by your-self
you can to use special forums and board to get info
(seems on DK is absent deap concerned discussion on BMW)

Thanks!:ciao:
you are welome :-D

Larue
5th February, 2011, 03:24 PM
Thank You for answer!
Seems to Me I'm going to learn about BMW......research continuing....:bird:

Larue
9th February, 2011, 10:47 PM
More research = more questions.
So. If Your interface is working with BMW software.....
Question is - how it's working? I mean is it working throw VMware or it can work directly from software (real computer)? BMW software should work on UNIX, of course, if I have found right information about that.
Cheers!:ciao:

dimitar
9th February, 2011, 11:05 PM
bought inpa k+can not working at all tested . At least not yet

AlOdin
9th February, 2011, 11:09 PM
More research = more questions.
So. If Your interface is working with BMW software.....

Question is - how it's working? I mean is it working throw VMware or it can work directly from software (real computer)?
ediabas + inpa (and other from pc package) - real PC

BMW software should work on UNIX, of course, if I have found right information about that.
Cheers!:ciao:
Eediabas - real PC
+
dis - vmware

seems it is known for last 3-4 years

dimitar
9th February, 2011, 11:09 PM
inpa k+can chinese clone of the chinese clon of vcds with enhanced firmware probably freeware working with k line as always but not CAN line. As soon as i solve this chinese shitty hardware firmware problem i will post solution.. P. S. Solution will be for Dis lATEST and sss pROGMAN lATEST not inpa

AlOdin
9th February, 2011, 11:13 PM
bought inpa k+can not working at all tested . At least not yet

where?

i sure then sw(inpa+ediabas) can be found in i-net for free...

you have to ask seller about sw and his device...

dimitar
9th February, 2011, 11:23 PM
software is not a problem K line working with several interfaces thru rs232 and usb port CAN line working partialy with INPA and jerking with DIS and progman

AlOdin
10th February, 2011, 12:06 AM
software is not a problem K line working with several interfaces thru rs232 and usb port CAN line working partialy with INPA and jerking with DIS and progman

IMHO then it is firmware problem instead hardware...

P.S. i see then you think the same :-)

Larue
10th February, 2011, 01:26 AM
ediabas + inpa (and other from pc package) - real PC

Eediabas - real PC
+
dis - vmware

seems it is known for last 3-4 years

Thanks for answers!
As I said before - never have worked with BMW software, even haven't seen it working. So starting all from scratch. At this moment I'm using Bosch KTS for bimmers, but sometimes ( many sometimes) needs a bit more than this. That's a reason for upgrade.
At this stage I'm just searching what hardware ( laptop) I need, what specifications, installations manuals etc. Most of My laptops are IBM T30's, but as Your interface is working on USB I would prefer USB2 instead 1.1 but if I should set it as for COM port data exchange rate remains low anyway. So there is no reason to do that. On the other hand if now I need to work with Virtual machine T30 will be quite slow.
Other type of laptops what I'm using are Lenovo T60's. Seems like I'm going to get one more of these.
I'm just want to install all things on new HDD to avoid where it's possible virtual machines as I don't like to use them for diagnostics. Had problems with them before.
Maybe You have some suggestions about that?
One more thing at this moment.
Should I make dual boot HDD or all software can be installed under Windows( I mean real machine, except DIS)?
At this moment I have vmware image for all this, but for future I would like to run at least possible part of software on real machine.
Sorry to be the pain....
Just want start from somewhere.
Archie

AlOdin
10th February, 2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for answers!
As I said before - never have worked with BMW software, even haven't seen it working. So starting all from scratch. At this moment I'm using Bosch KTS for bimmers, but sometimes ( many sometimes) needs a bit more than this. That's a reason for upgrade.
At this stage I'm just searching what hardware ( laptop) I need, what specifications, installations manuals etc. Most of My laptops are IBM T30's, but as Your interface is working on USB I would prefer USB2 instead 1.1 but if I should set it as for COM port data exchange rate remains low anyway. So there is no reason to do that. On the other hand if now I need to work with Virtual machine T30 will be quite slow.
Other type of laptops what I'm using are Lenovo T60's. Seems like I'm going to get one more of these.
I'm just want to install all things on new HDD to avoid where it's possible virtual machines as I don't like to use them for diagnostics. Had problems with them before.
Maybe You have some suggestions about that?
One more thing at this moment.
Should I make dual boot HDD or all software can be installed under Windows( I mean real machine, except DIS)?
At this moment I have vmware image for all this, but for future I would like to run at least possible part of software on real machine.
Sorry to be the pain....
Just want start from somewhere.
Archie

check pm please

SpectreLX
25th December, 2016, 01:01 PM
Does anybody have a firmware for green board (ATMega162) K+DCan adater with working (software switchable) CAN bus?

Board photo: