PDA

View Full Version : itgate has froze

phat1
26th July, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi looking for help please,i switched tuners to a sat tuner on a tgm220 and it was fine,i couldnt get a lock on a transponder because agc was 68 so i exit out to the main screen and i went playing with the sat cable and when i came back the box had froze i couldnt turn it off with the remote,so i turned it off and back on from the switch at the back and it froze at the 7.9 screen,then i done a factory reset and it still froze.So then i reflashed it with the tgm220 update image and it flashed no problem but it only goes as far as the edg screen and it is stuck on that,i done another factory reset by holding the up button when turning it on and same thing happens again,Any idea's on how to fix this please,could it be something to do with the tuner i bought,Thanks for any help

phat1
26th July, 2010, 05:12 PM
i found the problem its the ethernet cable that i have connected to the box,20M CAT5e RJ45 UTP Ethernet Network Patch Cable Lead 20 on eBay (end time 14-Aug-10 21:54:46 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280535233229) that is what i bought is this cable ok or not

plasterer
26th July, 2010, 05:18 PM
yes cables ok if your going through a router
Wot makes you think its the cable.
Have you got the new image up and running .....Paul

phat1
26th July, 2010, 06:04 PM
I have it up and running,I have all fta channels then i plug the cable in and it just freeze's the screen and i cant change channel or nothing when i remove the cable it works fine,on the routher it just blinks on and off where i have the cable in port 2,dont know how to fix this,any ideas? I'm starting to think that i have a straight ethernet cable and not a crossover cable and its a crossover i need?

freck
26th July, 2010, 09:13 PM
Use a crossover for flashing via pc only and a straight ethernet for connecting to modem if on C/S.

Freck

phat1
26th July, 2010, 10:23 PM
It's for c/s, I think I have a straight ethernet,any idea why it makes my itgate freeze

bugsy
27th July, 2010, 10:21 AM
My set up is straight wire cable, pc to wireless router,
Cross over cable, modem to wireless router,
Cross over cable, wireless router to Itgate,
c/s working great.
I hope this helps.

bugsy.

phat1
27th July, 2010, 11:16 AM
My set up is straight wire cable, pc to wireless router,
Cross over cable, modem to wireless router,
Cross over cable, wireless router to Itgate,
c/s working great.
I hope this helps.

bugsy.
I have 2 itgates tgm 220,1 is connected as you say in the living room with a 2m ethernet cable that came with the routher,working no prob as yours is,the 2nd box works just the same as i had to flash it and set it up the same as the first box,but this box is in my bedroom so i hook it up in my bedroom with fta no prob,then i ran the 20m cable that i bought (link is on my first post)but when i plug it into the ethernet port at the back of my box,the box wont change channel or power off,filezilla does not open the box so i can ftp anything,the minute i take out the cable from the box the box works fine again,so im thinking i have the wrong cable because dis morning i brought the box back down stairs and set it up no problem with the ethernet cable that came with the routher,Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

freck
27th July, 2010, 11:40 AM
Get a set of homeplugs (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Networking-Turbo-85Mbps-Solwise-Homeplugs-Ethernet-x2-/120456289120?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item1c0bc11b60),and get rid of the cable altogether.
If the box works downstairs on the other ethernet you obviously have a dodgy cable and 20 ft ethernet doesnt feel right to me.
Homeplugs are nice and tidy little things and will route your signal to you other room without fail.If that fails then you could be looking at a faulty ethernet port although that very unlikely with the itgate otherwise it wouldnt flash proper in the first place.
Freck

bugsy
27th July, 2010, 03:59 PM
Must be a dodgy cable phat.
I have 30 foot cable running from one room to another no probs.
Just done test took cable from wireless router put into modem, Itgate working grand.
Like freck said Home plugs is probably the way to go nice and tidy.

bugsy.

phat1
28th July, 2010, 08:50 AM
Must be a dodgy cable phat.
I have 30 foot cable running from one room to another no probs.
Just done test took cable from wireless router put into modem, Itgate working grand.
Like freck said Home plugs is probably the way to go nice and tidy.

bugsy. it must be the cable,i took it out and tried it in my buddy's house and it still didnt work,where did you get your cable bugsy? A fried is calling later with cable and jacks and he said he'll connect it for me id that fails homeplugs it is.

bugsy
28th July, 2010, 12:17 PM
it must be the cable,i took it out and tried it in my buddy's house and it still didnt work,where did you get your cable bugsy? A fried is calling later with cable and jacks and he said he'll connect it for me id that fails homeplugs it is.

Hi mate,
I got my cable in Power City a while back,
I think it was about 9 Euros for 10 metre lenght.
You can get them 5,10,15,20 metre lenghts.

bugsy.

plasterer
28th July, 2010, 12:37 PM
From router to itgate 3 notes and free shipping
Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable UTP Lead 20M: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

phat1
30th July, 2010, 04:28 PM
Got a new cable and ran it to the bedroom from the routher and its working fine,at long last

freck
2nd August, 2010, 01:38 PM
:celticparty:

mit2007
14th August, 2010, 06:35 PM
:celticparty: