PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Not starting

andydbld
28th July, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hi,

My sons PS3 does not want to start this morning. When you switch it on it goes from the red light then the blue light flashes then yellow and back to the initial red flashing light. It will not let him remove the disc he inserted prior to this happening either. Can anyone explain what might be happening here as it's never done this before. Thank you.

clem58
28th July, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hi,

My sons PS3 does not want to start this morning. When you switch it on it goes from the red light then the blue light flashes then yellow and back to the initial red flashing light. It will not let him remove the disc he inserted prior to this happening either. Can anyone explain what might be happening here as it's never done this before. Thank you.

Next time you switch it on hold eject button at almost the same time if ya get the disk out ps3 will work properly have had that problem myself. Another thing it won't like is you pushing a disc into it let the mechanism do it.:idea:

andydbld
28th July, 2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for that. It did allow me to eject the disc but when i turn it on it goes Green, Yellow then flashes Red. When i hit the button again it's just solid Red?

macjst35
28th July, 2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for that. It did allow me to eject the disc but when i turn it on it goes Green, Yellow then flashes Red. When i hit the button again it's just solid Red?

Hi would it happen to be a launch model 60 gb ps3 if so ,
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f15/ps3-light-death-fix-35448/.

andydbld
28th July, 2010, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry, i really don't know what the model is? Is there a way of finding this information on the machine. I don't see anything on the bottom. Thank you.

clem58
29th July, 2010, 01:44 AM

the details are at the back i think, have you tried switching it off and on using the switch at the back. try that a couple of time and might just right it self.:smokin:

andydbld
29th July, 2010, 10:57 PM
Can't find anything on the PS3 to tell me which model it is. Tried what you say but nothing. Just keeps doing the same as before. Think i might need to send it somewhere for them to have a look at it. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

macjst35
30th July, 2010, 07:50 AM
Can't find anything on the PS3 to tell me which model it is. Tried what you say but nothing. Just keeps doing the same as before. Think i might need to send it somewhere for them to have a look at it. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Hi when I had the ylod I sent my ps3 to these guys Nintendo DS and NDS Lite repair, Sony PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii repairs - Console Doctor (http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk) ,first class service give them a phone m8

andy1weir
30th July, 2010, 10:52 PM
if its got a mem card reader on the front with 4 usb ports then youll know its a 60gb version

andydbld
7th August, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for that. It only has 2 USB ports at the front left of the console. Was on holiday last week so sorry about not replying to your message. Thanks again.

swingo
18th August, 2010, 09:52 PM
its called the( ylod ) yellow light of death can be fixed by dismantling the ps3 till you get to the motherboard then you heat the chip processors x2 with a heat gun which reseats them then you apply heat sink paste and rebuild the ps3 console and it will bring it back to life! done it myself 2 weeks ago no problem .lots of tut video on youtube just search.

this cost me all of ?1.50 sony wanted ?130.00

NikkiZ
11th June, 2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, so the link doesn't appear to work, so don't bother signing up.

andydbld
11th June, 2011, 12:42 PM
If you go to you tube and type in ylod you will see videos posted by a guy called Gilsky. I followed his instructions and my sons PS3 was working again.

andy1weir
11th June, 2011, 10:25 PM
to be honest if it is ylod, you could fix it but theres no gaurantee of how long it will last , youd be aswell selling it on ebay and buy a new one

Roadkillx
12th June, 2011, 11:48 AM
It's a shame really YLoD is a really annoying thing, you can get sony to repair it but it's expensive and there are tutorials on youtube like others have said but the ps3 won't last for long as it will keep on happening.
I think if you have the dispensible money, buy a new slim and sell the old one :/

abujana
25th January, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I would appreciate receiving your comments about;

Is it better to buy a modded xbox 250gb with kinect, or am i better off buying a non-modded version.

What are the pros and cons for each.

Thx