PDA

View Full Version : New Firmware Starview 3 - 8.04e

Pages : [1] 2 3

blairco
30th November, 2008, 02:38 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - GTRom_Super_8.04e.exe (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/gtrom_super_8-04e-exe-498/)

The new firmware for starview 3!

Ruzz2k
30th November, 2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks, does this mean starview 1,2,4 will follow soon.

buzzbomb
30th November, 2008, 03:33 PM
Quick clarification folks is Starview 3 =starview the Box Super ?

DJ4G
30th November, 2008, 03:33 PM
cheers - i know the fix is definately working, i got a guy to do my box for the manchester derby. the version is definately correct.

tweenage
30th November, 2008, 03:47 PM
its says i need a bin file?

Richieburner
30th November, 2008, 03:51 PM
The bin file is already on it. just hook up and download.

weedie
30th November, 2008, 03:58 PM
uploaded to the box and still get only fta channels - get bad channel/scrambled

when going into the nagra section - ex c/w etc is gone but i have FFFFF

do i need to set to default key and enter keys, cos i assumed with the update i wouldnt have to do this

weedie
30th November, 2008, 04:06 PM
ok - just incase anyone else has the same problem i did - i set the default key, put in the latest keys from "keymaster" and all is working again....for now ;)

lemmy
30th November, 2008, 04:13 PM
ok - just incase anyone else has the same problem i did - i set the default key, put in the latest keys from "keymaster" and all is working again....for now ;)

has this unlocked the star view 4 box ?
cheers
lemmy

audioblackout
30th November, 2008, 06:34 PM
my god i hope this works - tried everything including the key thing. will report back!

kezz1604
30th November, 2008, 07:26 PM
cant get box to accept flash just say s failed

*jabroni*
30th November, 2008, 07:36 PM
Working for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy:top:

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 07:57 PM
hi, new to all this, how do i install the new firmware?

*jabroni*
30th November, 2008, 07:58 PM
Updated around 40mins ago and is still holding out lol!!

Hopefully will last now and the genius's have solved the problem... Haha

afraz_dz
30th November, 2008, 08:04 PM
is this for the box super ?

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 08:06 PM
is this for the box super ?

Any ideas how to install the new firmware? havent done it before and would really like to get my box back up after changing the key a million times.

and also, to confirm this will work for starview 3 as the ROM loader says box super?

audioblackout
30th November, 2008, 08:14 PM
installed 10 minutes ago - SEEMS to be working. touch wood.

massive thanks to whoever took the time to fix this.

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 08:17 PM
installed 10 minutes ago - SEEMS to be working. touch wood.

massive thanks to whoever took the time to fix this.

audioblackout, how did you install the firmware because im having problems:

1) im plugging int he serial cable to the pc and to the box.
2)Turned on the box, it displays the channel number
3)I open the GTRom_Super_8.02e.exe and click download.

But then it says Flash Update Failed...

am i doing anything wrong?

rizlas
30th November, 2008, 08:24 PM
Big thx to the coder who sorted this.....
i hope the starview 2 firmware will be done cos it is older now and no updates for ages.

hatchet
30th November, 2008, 08:44 PM
Getting flash failed message aswell, flashed the box loads of times aswell, not sure whats up?

Cable works ect.

**OVERRIDE**
30th November, 2008, 08:46 PM
few questions....

i can only see loader file should there be a bin file?

is this just for the starveiw 3 super?

and is it working?

cheers

weedie
30th November, 2008, 08:49 PM
i am getting a failed message too

and no it wont work on any other box other than the box 3 (super)

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 08:51 PM
Getting flash failed message aswell, flashed the box loads of times aswell, not sure whats up?

Cable works ect.

Yeh same, i got the old v4.00 of the GTRom and that still works with my box, tested it by uploading from the box...

So it seems there is something wrong with this new GTRom loader, it doesnt seem to work with my box, doesnt communicate with it.

Seems few other are having the same issue, need someone more advanced to help us out ...

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 08:52 PM
If someone can give us the .bin file of the update then we can use the old version of the GTRom loader to download the update onto our box.

bonedaddy
30th November, 2008, 09:05 PM
Loaded to box super ok, turned on box & auto updated itself - brilliant! Thanx to all involved

lolly23
30th November, 2008, 09:05 PM
ok how exactly do i do this?? I've seen somewhere i have to plug a cable into my computer - what cable is this? please help me cus i really haven't got a clue what to do AT ALL!!!! ( from the 1st basic steps please:-(

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 09:38 PM
ok how exactly do i do this?? I've seen somewhere i have to plug a cable into my computer - what cable is this? please help me cus i really haven't got a clue what to do AT ALL!!!! ( from the 1st basic steps please:-(

Hi Lolly,

The cable you need is a serial cable, it must have come with your Starview box, then all you do is connect the cable from your pc to your starview box. Then download the update, run it and click download.

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 09:39 PM
However, i am still having problems with the new update failing to connect to my starview box.

Someone must have some ideas?

mma
30th November, 2008, 09:40 PM
wot do ineed to do to get the firmware on my box thanks

markh29
30th November, 2008, 09:42 PM
mma you need a null modem cable

blairco
30th November, 2008, 09:44 PM
For all who have problems make the box go on standby first

mrcraig
30th November, 2008, 10:01 PM
confirmed working on my box,thank god.was gettin a bit miffed putting keys in

mma
30th November, 2008, 10:06 PM
where can i get the cable to connect the box

Papag
30th November, 2008, 10:07 PM
Don't know what type of Starview box I have, don't want to download wrong data can anyone help? only info I can give is that I purchased it around 18 months ago its silver in colour it has a serial number JN71106656

cabletvuk
30th November, 2008, 10:26 PM
I am unable to download the firmware to the box. Nothing happens when I click download. If someone could post the update as a BIN file and the old loader can be used.

I have tried putting the box into standby mode, using a different cable and different PC.

Papag
30th November, 2008, 10:42 PM
I have starview box but how can you tell which version i have?:damnmate:
Hi have the same query myself think I have sorted it
you go into menu on your remote
scroll down to system info,
then your system will show

Mine gives starview ver. 4 so I guess I have Starview 4 so no firmware available as yet,
Caution I'm no techy so if anyone has any other info please inform

Smikes23
30th November, 2008, 10:57 PM
Downloaded a couple of hours ago and updated my box, Everything working fine.
Thanks a lot guys!

spanner5351
30th November, 2008, 11:20 PM
I am unable to download the firmware to the box. Nothing happens when I click download. If someone could post the update as a BIN file and the old loader can be used.

I have tried putting the box into standby mode, using a different cable and different PC.

Yup we need the maker of the fix to upload the BIN file, clearly the bin file is embedded in the new loader...but the new loader doesnt seem to work with some of our boxes...not quite sure what distiguishes our boxes and the ones that work with the new loader!

just need a BIN file to use with old loader!

some one help...?!

skunk1111
30th November, 2008, 11:36 PM
not out yet .
hope the release it though.
closed source you see so theve paid attention to there best Sellers(at the moment sv3 sv4)

johnnieufpb
30th November, 2008, 11:51 PM
im only getting sky sports through and the odd other channel, ive downloaded new firmware, any ideas?

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 12:30 AM
is this the fix for the problem thats taken out everyones boxes at the end of november ?

toto67
1st December, 2008, 12:32 AM
Yes if its the Starview box you have m8....

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 12:34 AM
does this fix work ? just want to check before i download ?

boomer39
1st December, 2008, 12:50 AM
boy, was that quick, hope it works,fed up with "her" nagging !!!

johnnieufpb
1st December, 2008, 12:51 AM
please can any1 help me? im only getting some channels through, ive downloaded new firmware, even when i put in the codes for the last couple of days it was only letting the same channels through, i dont mean the fta channels, its letting sports stuff through but no discory if ya all catch me.

toto67
1st December, 2008, 12:52 AM
please can any1 help me? im only getting some channels through, ive downloaded new firmware, even when i put in the codes for the last couple of days it was only letting the same channels through, i dont mean the fta channels, its letting sports stuff through but no discory if ya all catch me.
Have you tried to re-scan the box m8? Maybe try that if you havent laready done so after updating it.....

johnnieufpb
1st December, 2008, 12:54 AM
Have you tried to re-scan the box m8? Maybe try that if you havent laready done so after updating it.....

yes m8 done all that, dont know if i have messed it up when they first went off couple a days ago

johnnieufpb
1st December, 2008, 12:58 AM
yes m8 done all that, dont know if i have messed it up when they first went off couple a days ago

ie pushing some buttons i should'nt of, like factory setting, i was in them all, kinda new to all yhis

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 01:25 AM
i had the same problem...flashed the box with the new software and it was still letting through no pr*emium channels!

simply rescanned channels and now it works

every channel working exactly as it used to PERFECT FIX!

the author deserves a beer ...or two..or three

johnnieufpb
1st December, 2008, 01:30 AM
i had the same problem...flashed the box with the new software and it was still letting through no pr*emium channels!

simply rescanned channels and now it works

every channel working exactly as it used to PERFECT FIX!

the author deserves a beer ...or two..or three

i have done all that, im getting some sports ones through, some discovery, all the blue 1's lol, just not getting them all, seems to be the ones on 642250KHz

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 01:42 AM
dont know why you not getting these channels :S

try flashing your box again and rescan if you havnt already tried it!

sudo08
1st December, 2008, 01:45 AM
please help tried new fix still nothing just says scrambled or bad signal

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 01:50 AM
please help tried new fix still nothing just says scrambled or bad signal

have u rescanned ?

after i flashed it all them were still scrambled untill i done the rescan...then it worked

sudo08
1st December, 2008, 01:58 AM
yeh but still nothig

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 02:35 AM
dont know what you can do :S

mybe wait and see if a different release of the fix may work .

geej
1st December, 2008, 02:43 AM
Hi, I am in the same boat! I flashed the box super when the patch first appeared and it worked fine. Then about 30min ok i changed channel from ss2 to s one and it locked up with bad channel of scrambled. The only thing is this time it does not seem to even try to update like it used too.

harrylasmith
1st December, 2008, 04:25 AM
Works perfect 3 x updates then rolled over, no problems THANKS

madmanc_uk
1st December, 2008, 09:22 AM
got a "the box super usb" that just says updating data any help

jusandjan
1st December, 2008, 09:50 AM
1st of all if anyone can help me??? I?m a real novice at this and struggling with certain lingo used. If I can speak direct to someone it might help????

I was on this for over 2 hrs yesterday and although a few people tried no-one could help me sort out my problem.

I thought it was connect download and update, most users had no problem, and so why have I?

I have a SV3 not clonned

I have downloaded the latest firmware GTRom_Super_8.02e (saved my desktop)

I then connected by box with the serial cable to my other cable to use via the PC?s USB.

I double clicked on the GTRom_Super_8.02e, choose the com port and click download.

I get flash failed every time?????

I read that said I should make sure App file only is selected, then click bin file & browse to the firmware where you downloaded it to on your PC.
But how you have App File selected only and click on bin file then is shaded. I only have the channel data file, so I clicked on that whiched allowed me to then click on the bin file; I broswes to where I have saved GTRom_Super_8.02e but it found nothing, I really don?t understand

If anyone can maybe talk me through it piece by piece and get my box working I would appreciate it very much. As I said If needed I can phone someone and they talk me through it but I'm really sure I'm doing what the forums tell me to do, but still no joy

Thank you for your time

oscarjohnboy
1st December, 2008, 10:14 AM
1st of all if anyone can help me??? I?m a real novice at this and struggling with certain lingo used. If I can speak direct to someone it might help????

I was on this for over 2 hrs yesterday and although a few people tried no-one could help me sort out my problem.

I thought it was connect download and update, most users had no problem, and so why have I?

I have a SV3 not clonned

I have downloaded the latest firmware GTRom_Super_8.02e (saved my desktop)

I then connected by box with the serial cable to my other cable to use via the PC?s USB.

I double clicked on the GTRom_Super_8.02e, choose the com port and click download.

I get flash failed every time?????

I read that said I should make sure App file only is selected, then click bin file & browse to the firmware where you downloaded it to on your PC.
But how you have App File selected only and click on bin file then is shaded. I only have the channel data file, so I clicked on that whiched allowed me to then click on the bin file; I broswes to where I have saved GTRom_Super_8.02e but it found nothing, I really don?t understand

If anyone can maybe talk me through it piece by piece and get my box working I would appreciate it very much. As I said If needed I can phone someone and they talk me through it but I'm really sure I'm doing what the forums tell me to do, but still no joy

Thank you for your time

m8 sounds like u have the wrong lead mines worked first time

Andy. W
1st December, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hi I am new to all this regarding updating boxes. Is it easy enough to do. Never done anything like this before.

oscarjohnboy
1st December, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hi I am new to all this regarding updating boxes. Is it easy enough to do. Never done anything like this before.

yeah m8 easy as 123

HuggyThaBear
1st December, 2008, 10:33 AM
Im Gonns Give it a go - Got the cable see what happens

westey
1st December, 2008, 11:29 AM
Hi
peps any body dun update but cannot see some chanells ie/ cannot see like troble but can see trouble +1 but cannot see sk sports
any body help

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 11:47 AM
SIMPLE STEPS TO FLASH BOX

1. download new firmware from this thread

2. connect the Starview 3 box to your pc using the correct cable...

3. from the downloaded zip folder, open and double click on the new firmware

4. this opens up the software and it should show be able to click DOWNLOAD.

5. it will go from 0% up to 100% and when this is complete you will get a message saying download complete ! MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE DOWNLOAD COMPLETE POP UP BEFORE YOU DISCONNECT! if you remove it before this pop up appears then it wont work and may kill the box!

6. once pop up shows you can disconnect the box and hook it up to the tv and cable.

7. RESCAN for channels and then flick to a premium channel

8. then on menu press 1570 for CAS menu and make sure EMU is ON!

9. EXIT until the premium channel is shown, it should come on automatically or it will update for a moment then the channel should be shown!

10. problem solved!

spanner5351
1st December, 2008, 12:03 PM
m8 sounds like u have the wrong lead mines worked first time

Hi, its got nothing to do with the cable as i have used a few different ones and it makes no difference.

its only easy as 123 if you have a box that works with the new this new loader.

CLEARLY some of us have boxes that only work with the GTRom loader v4.00

so some of us are still waiting for a BIN file to user the old loader to load the new firmware!!!!!

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 12:21 PM
so i need to put some post is this how you do it

yep, just send a few posts like this then click the download again and it should work!

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 12:23 PM
help i need to get the fix can any body tell me if it works

YES,

this is a genuine fix for the problem that took out most starview boxes this week, i have flashed my box with this firmware and its now working as it did before with ALL channels!

mike

Andy. W
1st December, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hi could anyone tell me what sort of cable I need to connect my box to my pc.

Thanks

tobyjugg2
1st December, 2008, 03:17 PM
For those having problems with the flash, Starview 1-3

1. Connect box to pc via serial port
2. switch OFF starview box
3. start up flash program on pc (run the firmware exe file, or set download of .bin file :depending on flash method yoiu use)
4. power on starview and the lcd display should show the flash % going up
5. When reaches 100, It should restart and be flashed

Job done.

bill4676
1st December, 2008, 03:19 PM
ive put this on my box when it came out but not working now any one else got the same prob

Wale04
1st December, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hey,

Will this work in Ireland??????????

:shakehands:

andymids
1st December, 2008, 05:52 PM
well ive read wot everyone has sed on here so im ready 2 give it a go , seems easy enuf even 4 a thicko like me but we shall wait an c , wish me luck haha

spanner5351
1st December, 2008, 06:36 PM
For those having problems with the flash, Starview 1-3

1. Connect box to pc via serial port
2. switch OFF starview box
3. start up flash program on pc (run the firmware exe file, or set download of .bin file :depending on flash method yoiu use)
4. power on starview and the lcd display should show the flash % going up
5. When reaches 100, It should restart and be flashed

Job done.

Thanks, but problem is, the new loader wont work with my box and there is no .bin available.

Unless any one who has managed to flash their box can upload a .BIN of their new firmware.

sudo08
1st December, 2008, 07:33 PM
sorted thanks to all
ad to keep turning emu off n on and it eventually updated

sanjd
1st December, 2008, 08:05 PM
Plz help. Tried the emu and all that but not working

swanseajac
1st December, 2008, 08:20 PM
will this work on starview clone.cheers

legendshane78
1st December, 2008, 08:44 PM
HELP HELP, ive installed it, stil aint got channels, on the nagra menu, but key data says FF FF FF FF etc!!! what is this KEYMASTER,, where do I get it from??

munso
1st December, 2008, 08:57 PM
Big thank you to everyone on here who gives up their time to help divo's like me. thanks guys!

davidhu3
1st December, 2008, 09:21 PM
having a problem downloading the new firmware for the starview the box any help would be very much appreciated

vin00701
1st December, 2008, 09:29 PM
has anyone had issues when upgrading to firmware. i tried it and got a Blackscreen with a white line goin through

andyndeb28
1st December, 2008, 09:44 PM
am very new to this ,does the new firmware 8.02e fix the auto updating fault as my starview 3 is working just doesn't auto update anymore. thanks for any replies

marshmong
1st December, 2008, 10:39 PM
thanks for everything, but no football 1 and 3

roseraja
1st December, 2008, 10:45 PM
it does work thanx alot man

mikea2b
1st December, 2008, 11:03 PM
if any newbies are having any trouble downloading the update this is because you must post a few comments on the forum before the site will grant you permission to download...

i think a few posts is a fair price for what these guys are making possible for us :)

twister
1st December, 2008, 11:39 PM
Just updated firmware, set keys to default and rescan. May take a little time to update and may need wait when station is updating. But all is good in the end. Thanks

coolblue
2nd December, 2008, 12:30 AM
please tell me if the firmware does starview2 cheers

mikea2b
2nd December, 2008, 01:18 AM
please tell me if the firmware does starview2 cheers

this firmware will NOT work on the starview 2 box...only the starview 3 the box super.

no new firmware for the starview 2 is available yet but from what i see looking around theres a lot for people working on a fix

i also hope it is released soon as i need to flash 2 boxes

slitheen
2nd December, 2008, 03:11 AM
Some are saying it works fine, but it should be noted that Virgin haven't even rolled the codes since 30/11/08...the day the new 8.02e fw became available. My box is still working on the codes I got off keyMaster on the 30th even without the new firmware update (I'm on 8.00e from June). I'll be interested to see what happens during the next keyroll. If the boxes with the new 8.02e fw handle the roll OK, that's when I'll be flashing mine.

At the moment there appears to be too much inconsistency with this update....I don't buy it that the people who can't get it to work are ALL doing something wrong, as many of them are perfectly capable owners and have previously flashed their units with no problems. The .bin file alone would be extremely handy for these people, then they can upload the .bin with versions of the ROM loader that they've had previous success with.

satsmo
2nd December, 2008, 03:16 AM
If you would like to test it just press the default key in the CAS menu, make sure key emu is on and exit out to Sly Sports . This will clear the keylist and it will AU. Same thing as a keyroll AU, you are just forcing it.

andy2k4mc
2nd December, 2008, 03:29 AM
My box just keeps sayin updating hope this is goin to work:goodpost:

hawking1973
2nd December, 2008, 01:25 PM
this is to all who have problems with new starview 3 software you must make sure the software is for your box. starview 2 and 3 are very similar in looks .if you look at the top left on the the front of your box it will say the box super this is a starview 3. if it says just the box its a starview 2 the new software will only work on a super if you try the new software on a 2 the box you will get failed message when trying to download on to box. you will have to wait for new software for the box starview 2 ps thanks to everybody behind the scenes for all new updates

spanner5351
2nd December, 2008, 02:12 PM
this is to all who have problems with new starview 3 software you must make sure the software is for your box. starview 2 and 3 are very similar in looks .if you look at the top left on the the front of your box it will say the box super this is a starview 3. if it says just the box its a starview 2 the new software will only work on a super if you try the new software on a 2 the box you will get failed message when trying to download on to box. you will have to wait for new software for the box starview 2 ps thanks to everybody behind the scenes for all new updates

Finally, someone that has probably hit the nail on the head...this is probably why i am having the problem. i have always assumed that i had the starview 3, clearly it must be the starview 2 box as they do look very similar.

thanks, will be waiting for the update for SV2.

Core_zone
2nd December, 2008, 02:17 PM
sorry I still can't find the answer starview 3 soft can be used on the box (super) or not? cheers

slitheen
2nd December, 2008, 03:30 PM
sorry I still can't find the answer starview 3 soft can be used on the box (super) or not? cheers

Starview 3 IS 'The Box Super', and will say 'The Box Super' on the front, not simply 'The Box', and it is the only version box that this fix is for. Does that help?

alecpe
2nd December, 2008, 04:29 PM
Can someone please specify the exact cable need to connect the Starview box to the PC to ensure that the firmware can be be uploaded to the box.

spanner5351
2nd December, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hi guys,

any idea when the fix for the Starview Box 1 will be coming out? or if they are even planning on doing a fix for it?

thanks

blakeyewarrior
2nd December, 2008, 05:31 PM
how long does it take???????????? never done it b4 and seems not to be working:alberteinstein:

Leet205
2nd December, 2008, 06:02 PM
awesome fix, just done my box :D

neo08
2nd December, 2008, 06:04 PM
hi
I tried to downloaded 100 times , didn't work
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6696/78286007hl4.png
any ideas?

nickyod
2nd December, 2008, 07:07 PM
Amazing guys, thanks for the update. So easily installed. No more inputting keys 4 times a day for now, hope it lasts longer than all the rumours state. Thanks

baldy17
2nd December, 2008, 08:24 PM
updated new firmware but still not working. i live in west yorkshire t###west.Can anybody help thanks

theyel2001
2nd December, 2008, 08:48 PM
updated new firmware but still not working. i live in west yorkshire t###west.Can anybody help thanks

it may seem daft but have you turned emu on ?

johnque
2nd December, 2008, 08:59 PM
I need help with my box. It is not working. I need new keymaster.

andyndeb28
2nd December, 2008, 09:08 PM
i only became a member of this site yesterday and would like to thank all involved with coming up with the new firmware for super box.updated my box with the update tonight and it works 100% and auto updated instantly many thanks to all

popye
2nd December, 2008, 11:07 PM
hi,
how do identify starview 1,2, 3. as mine says boot ver 7. and it only says starview.

audioblackout
3rd December, 2008, 12:21 AM
just been reading through these posts, and for those who's downloads have failed, it's an off chance, but i'm wondering whether you've plugged the cable into the right com port. there's usually com 1 and com 2 on the back of your computer. make sure you've plugged the cable into the right one!!!

also just wanted to point out to the guys who've updated this (if they're reading this), i had a major scare scare today. all the premium channels again went off. i left the system to update again and thankfully it sorted the problem. would be nice if i didnt have to do this though!!!

just a point eh. thanks to everyone for their great work :)

slitheen
3rd December, 2008, 01:17 AM
Can someone please specify the exact cable need to connect the Starview box to the PC to ensure that the firmware can be be uploaded to the box.

Make sure the cable you buy says 'null modem' in the title. There are some serial cables that are very different. You want a serial null modem cable, female-female.

slitheen
3rd December, 2008, 01:21 AM
I need help with my box. It is not working. I need new keymaster.

If you want to keep putting in codes daily...get Keymaster v1.2. If you have a Starview 3 (The Box Super), you can download the new firmware to your box via a serial null modem cable and fix the issue for good (or at least until the next time VM mess with it)

careyrolland
3rd December, 2008, 10:10 AM
hi all does anybody know how to get the viewing list menu as on the sv 3 ie movies, sport, kids, etc as i only have what you might call a key board on screen is it possible to get the old menu back as this slows the channel changing for the missus, thankx

Bert50
3rd December, 2008, 10:56 AM
The new firmware does work as regards the keys, but I have found that some channels are there but there is no signal anyone else find this, the channel that springs to mind is Dave and qvc regards

charlie
3rd December, 2008, 11:39 AM
does the firmwire for the starview box work. Would appreciate a reply

juzzy b
3rd December, 2008, 01:18 PM
hi flashed my starview 3 worked fine but think its gone of again has anyone else's done the same if so when will the new firmware be out? v.m. how fustrating r they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::sheep:

Skoolboy
3rd December, 2008, 03:10 PM
Ok not so technical but I've got a TheBOxSuper 4..will the update work on this box or is it just for boxes prior to this one..I've read n read n read and feel like I'm going round the bend!! Duh! :damnmate: please advise if you can( I'm sure a lot of you have in various posts just that I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place!!) thanx..

satsmo
3rd December, 2008, 03:37 PM
The firmware you require is directly below this sticky for the SV4 http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/new-box-super-usb-firmware-patch-30-11-08-a-15255/

camelv
3rd December, 2008, 04:21 PM
please d/loaded software succesfully but dont know how to reboot box as it is my bros

k8rew
3rd December, 2008, 06:24 PM
Did the new firmware cope with todays keyroll? :questionmark:I hav'nt got round to uploading it yet:jiggin:

doubadger
3rd December, 2008, 06:58 PM
Hi there,

I'm a bit of a novice to this and was hoping someone could help me out!

I have downloaded the 8.02 update zip file, connected the starview box to my PC etc and I now have the grey 'The Box super' window up, where you have the option to upload / download bin files etc.

How do I proceed from here??

Do I need a seperate .bin file downloaded as well, where can I get that from??

Any help on this would be massively appreciated!

Cheers.

doubadger
3rd December, 2008, 07:12 PM
When I have com port 1 selected and hit download it gives me this error message:

"Can't open serial port
Last error: the system cannot find the specified file"

Any ideas???

Andy. W
3rd December, 2008, 07:53 PM
Wonder if anyone can help. I have updated two boxes no problem these were both bought prior to March 08. I have tried another box that was bought approx 2 months ago and this one will not work. Anyone got any ideas.

cuzza2008
3rd December, 2008, 09:15 PM
Has n e 1 updated to the latest firmare to see if it works?

doubadger
3rd December, 2008, 09:16 PM
I have downloaded the 8.02 update zip file, connected the starview box to my PC etc and I now have the grey 'The Box super' window up, where you have the option to upload / download bin files etc.

Then when I select com port 1 and hit download it gives me this error message: "Can't open serial port Last error: the system cannot find the specified file"

Cheers.

Andy. W
3rd December, 2008, 09:25 PM
I don't seem to have any of the setanta channels. Is anybody else having the same issues.

waseem123
3rd December, 2008, 10:44 PM
hello guys, could some one please explain/post step by step on how to install the new software/update for SV3. much appreciate your help. thanks

excelence
3rd December, 2008, 11:06 PM
hello guys, could some one please explain/post step by step on how to install the new software/update for SV3. much appreciate your help. thanks

it was my first time allso.. was easy

all i did was plug the leed into my computer open the program and clicked download

shottin4cash
3rd December, 2008, 11:13 PM
im having problems downloading the update to the box just says flash update failed any ideas???????

janetvitti
3rd December, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hi am new to this can you help? every time I try to put software onto starview it comes up with plash fail!! it is driving me mad been trying to sort out box since 10 am and am ready to give up

tk931
3rd December, 2008, 11:49 PM
Quick clarification folks is Starview 3 =starview the Box Super ?

the box super = starview3 :-)

michaela
3rd December, 2008, 11:57 PM
hi im a total newbie too.i understand i need to plug my pc and box together and update the firmware.and i know how to put keys in after too.but where do i get firmware and when iv got firmware do i just click download and thats it it goes onto the box or what.my kids am drivin me potty.thanx loads

Zackery
4th December, 2008, 01:53 AM
hi I have doen loaded the new firmware on to my box and seen it go up from 0 to 100% and down load complete connected to my tv but still got no channels . checked the version, and that states the new version oh i have a sv3

Zackery
4th December, 2008, 02:30 AM
just updated the firmware on my sv 3 had to do it about three times before it started to work and is fine so far .a great thank you to everyone who played a part in this you now who you are.

focus1400
4th December, 2008, 03:36 AM
hi
is there any new firmware for the starview v3 pvr help please

excelence
4th December, 2008, 03:36 AM
my setanta/arsenal tv dose not work allso...

i found the channels but some dont have sound... mine are channel 0062+

i see that the old channels what are not working dont have a little thing to the right hand side...

channel_______Name_________|------Thats missing - whats missing is in RED
\/\/\/\/-.|---\/\/\/\/\/\/--------|------\/\/

excelence
4th December, 2008, 03:44 AM
hi im a total newbie too.i understand i need to plug my pc and box together and update the firmware.and i know how to put keys in after too.but where do i get firmware and when iv got firmware do i just click download and thats it it goes onto the box or what.my kids am drivin me potty.thanx loads

firstly u can enter codes for a quick fix.. they may change within a day
once you have done the update you dont have to enter codes.. thats the point of the update..

____
you will need Winrar (get it here - http://www.win-rar.com/download.html )

then open then file connect your box and press download
NEVER TURN YOUR BOX OF WHILE ITS DOWNLOADING

im 16 and my dad got this box and he dident no nothing about it.. and when it broke i couldent watch football so i had to read so many posts on how to fix it and everything.. was very annoying just reading one post here and anouther there and trying to put all the info into one so i could understand it.. but belive me it is very easy and simple

Hope this helps you..

excelence
4th December, 2008, 04:04 AM
hi I have doen loaded the new firmware on to my box and seen it go up from 0 to 100% and down load complete connected to my tv but still got no channels . checked the version, and that states the new version oh i have a sv3

is it - the box super ??

allso check again that you have the new fix - (8.02e)

if you have that try this..
1.Menu
3.Click *Set Defalt Key*
then let it update and it should work..

allso make sure you have *EMU* *ON* what it sounds like you do

if not i suggest you put the codes in yourself and read alot of posts :D.

excelence
4th December, 2008, 04:09 AM
Wonder if anyone can help. I have updated two boxes no problem these were both bought prior to March 08. I have tried another box that was bought approx 2 months ago and this one will not work. Anyone got any ideas.

i belive a box will need the first update befor you can ypudate it with the others..

excelence
4th December, 2008, 04:11 AM

Then when I select com port 1 and hit download it gives me this error message: "Can't open serial port Last error: the system cannot find the specified file"

Cheers.

change the port.. its the port your useing on your computer.. if its USB wire you will have to look into that..

if you dont no what port.. try all intill it starts downloading.. you will no how its downloading..(it will go up % in numbers on the box)

chris6018
4th December, 2008, 04:29 PM
Just flashed the brothere inlaw with it New software worked great.

scott148
4th December, 2008, 05:20 PM
hi can somebody please tell me where to connect box to computer

daniel62
4th December, 2008, 06:31 PM
ant get mine to work either just all channels blocked

msk76
4th December, 2008, 09:05 PM
thanks for the useful link. been pulling my hair out last few days with all the key rolls
just downloaded GTRom_super_8[1].2e_081129. does this already have the "bin file" attached????? Do I just connect to laptop and "click download"???????

fisherman
4th December, 2008, 10:36 PM
HI CAN ANY ONE HELP NEW SOFT IN BUT IT KEEPE GOING DOWN

slitheen
5th December, 2008, 03:40 AM
hi can somebody please tell me where to connect box to computer

Via the Serial port - which is a 9-pin male connection with 2 screws either side of it on the back of most older PC's. A lot of modern PC's don't often have them, in which case they require a USB-Serial adaptor (with accompanying driver loaded into the PC), and also a serial null modem cable. If your PC DOES have a serial port, you just need the serial null modem cable alone for a direct connection. If it's a desktop PC you have and not a laptop, and it doesn't have a serial port, you can alternatively buy a serial PCI card on eBay for about ?5...this will give you two serial ports.

There are plenty of guides knocking about that'll give you the finer details and pictures. It looks daunting....but it really is easy if you just take the time to learn, ask sensible questions (after making sure you've looked for the answers in older posts/threads first), and supply people here with as much info on your problem as possible (no vague "it don't work" type posts). Best of luck.

slitheen
5th December, 2008, 03:51 AM
i'm a newbie myself to this technology but wanted to say that its all working fine again now THANX

Good on you for helping yourself. I know some people have to start at the beginning, but some of the half-ars*d posts I've read over the last week make me wonder if people want their bottoms wiping by those more knowledgeable. I love to read posts like yours where people admit they come in knowing nothing, took the time to learn and then helped themselves.

Of course people don't mind helping and offering advice, when the person asking explains what they've tried, the equipment they've used, what firmware is on the box prior to flashing etc. Not simply "it doesn't work....help me!"

Good for you, mate. Wish there were more like you.

slitheen
5th December, 2008, 04:00 AM

So obviously the flash was a success as it shows the latest version. Mmmm...try Menu - type 1570 - set default key - key emu to 'on' - exit to Sly Sports 1 and see if the box will auto-update (can sometimes take a while). If not, flick the switch on the back on and off....when it boots, turn to Sly Sports 1 and see if it will now auto-update. If not, re-scan for channels....then set default key in the hidden menu, make sure key emu is 'on' and then exit to Sly Sports 1...and now see if it'll update itself.

Any luck after these steps? Please let us know. Also, count the vents on the top of your box....are there 7 rows of 25 vents? Or 7 rows of 18 vents? Just to rule out the possibility of it being a clone, you see. (25x7=Genuine - 18x7=Clone, and clones use different software/fixes)

Any luck after taking the above steps? Please let us know, thanks.

snagger3uk
5th December, 2008, 01:48 PM
ive just used the latest fix and its brill ,only problem is some channels have "no signal" these are the one i used to have when using keymaster how can i get these channels to work ?any help would be appreciated cracking work lads happy xmas all
:eek::unionflag:

snagger3uk
5th December, 2008, 02:01 PM
The new firmware does work as regards the keys, but I have found that some channels are there but there is no signal anyone else find this, the channel that springs to mind is Dave and qvc regards

some of my channels are missing too so as soon as i find out the info ill let you know matr:giveup:

satsmo
5th December, 2008, 02:21 PM
Try a factory reset and rescan with emu off, then turn emu on . Make sure you do the scan from the direct feed.

nongsuco
5th December, 2008, 05:07 PM
were can download it and how?

k8rew
5th December, 2008, 05:13 PM
were can download it and how?

Go to the forum list and click on Starview....you will find the sticky at the topof the page in Red for the update:dancing:

doubadger
5th December, 2008, 06:38 PM
change the port.. its the port your useing on your computer.. if its USB wire you will have to look into that..

if you dont no what port.. try all intill it starts downloading.. you will no how its downloading..(it will go up % in numbers on the box)

Thanks a lot for this advice excelence! I used the helpful guide on freewebs you posted and worked out how to change the USB port setting to COM1 which has now allowed me at least to start downloading the update file...

HOWEVER!!! I now have an error message flashing up before the download bar has even reached 1% - "Flash update Fail..."

I have the box connected up correctly and have tried it on standby and completely on, connected to the TV and not connected to the TV...

Ready to chuck it out the window!

Do I need to install older updates first or something??

Any help again would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

MoggasDog
5th December, 2008, 07:57 PM
Ok..

I, like a lot of people with a new Starview 3, have been pulling my hair out all day trying to upgrade the FW to 8.02.

For me, it was as simple as using Vista rather than XP.

I use XP for work so I have a dual boot and have to use USB adapter as a serial port. I tried all day on XP only to have the download stop around 80% every time - later i tried with Vista and BINGO it worked.

Maybe is an XP SP3 snag, i dont know. There was no need to downgrade the existing firmware - it went stright from 8.0 to 8.02 - no problems.

Hope this helps some people.

oneb007
5th December, 2008, 08:53 PM
does this mean all the keys will be updated automatically

AaronH
6th December, 2008, 12:24 AM
For fellow neep heads like me who didn't know what version of Starview they had, go to Google Images and type in starview 1, 2, or 3.

Is there a fix on the way soon for the Starview 1.

ant1963
6th December, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi
Updated sv3 to 8.02 on wed, had to input keys again on thurs but not since.
Only problem is i've lost Set**ta sports, can anyone please help?

donkey5
6th December, 2008, 12:59 PM
Just loaded the latest update and some of the channels are missing eg Setanta Sports, BBC1, BBC2 Men and motors etc although I can get sky spoorts but not sky sports 2 any ideas or is the update not right yet

cng1958
6th December, 2008, 02:01 PM
Try using a diffrerent com port, you have 1-4, if that fails,try using a different usb port.

hbutt
6th December, 2008, 02:19 PM
how can i upgrade the firmware on the starview box

littlelou
6th December, 2008, 03:07 PM
hi on the guide where it says
then on menu press 1570 for CAS menu and make sure EMU is ON
how do i get this part up im new to starview normally do the dbox
thanxs

donkey5
6th December, 2008, 06:00 PM
Couldn't get all the channels now I can make sure EMU (EMU can only be switched on on a pay per view channel ie begins with TV by pressing the menu then code 1570 couldn't get it up otherwise) is on after upgrade now i have all the channels.

gazzerman
6th December, 2008, 08:13 PM
i was missing some channels, did factory reset,did search then went into cas menu to switch on emu all channels are back,gaz:manutop::manutop:

2b84t
7th December, 2008, 01:38 PM
If you're having a problem, are you using "Windows-Vista"? I had a problem with this platform for updating The Box (SV2).

jimtaylor
7th December, 2008, 01:50 PM
The bin file is already on it. just hook up and download.
I dont understand the instructions for loading software updates, where can I find clearer instructions than are in the manual?.

fakea48
7th December, 2008, 09:40 PM
ntl gone will patch help

spraggon
7th December, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hi, very new to all this and trying to update my starview 3 The Box Super but not having much luck, have got all the cables but it wont seem to let me upload the software I need from here.

vikingar
8th December, 2008, 06:08 PM
just joined the forum, did the fix, 5 mins of a job up and running thanks!

didnt work at first, had no encrypted channels till i hit default on the menu, dont know what that does cos im a newbie.

fixed anyhoo, thanks a lot!

kaydan5
8th December, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi, Just to say thank you so much, i didn't know what i was really doing, but it all worked :D

PLease can someone tell me, on the download the box super, i downloaded app file only, do i need to do anything with the channel data file if so: download or upload???

Once again thank you :D

miche1111
8th December, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hey im new to this, not really sure what i have to do. My starview box has stopped working and i have looked on absolulely hundreds of websites. Just come across this 1 today though. Looks really useful. Should it work straight away after downloading software?

monkeyboy
9th December, 2008, 01:46 PM
were do i find the default key and what is the new code?

S11nny
9th December, 2008, 11:24 PM
my one keeps saying flash update fail.. try again !!!!

im using vista with the usb adaptor

nasjav1
10th December, 2008, 07:21 PM
how do we update, im new to this

jackyD
10th December, 2008, 08:42 PM
V4.55 and 8.00 ??? or just either/or. Dont want to try incase it pops the thing toto.......

arunsekhar2
10th December, 2008, 08:52 PM
i have a starview box i dont know which one ,whether its a clone or genuine.. please can anyone tell me how to find out and the software update for it
thanks
Arun:confused:

funkymunky
11th December, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well after alot of reading and about 3 different cables i finally managed to get my box done, I would just like to extend my thanks to the author of the update and the many posts i have read in helping me acheive this.

At least now i can do any future updates on my own and not have to worry about paying/pestering anybody else to do it. :top:

mizaj
12th December, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I am new to all of this and need to update the firmware on my SV3 box. Could somebody kindly also give me instructions on how to do this? Your help will be highly appreciated.

thanks

mizaj
12th December, 2008, 08:31 PM
Could someone possibly walk me through on how to update the firmware for my SV3 box?

Many thanks

mizaj
16th December, 2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I have updated the firmware on my SV? box, but i still cannot scan any channels. Could it be that the provider has blocked the signal? I am getting terestrial channels no problem. I have also gone into the menu 1570 set the default key and browsed to SS1, this use to work before but not anymore.
PLEASE HELP! cheers

boomer39
16th December, 2008, 11:43 PM
is your emu on??

k8rew
17th December, 2008, 09:27 PM
did the programme update okay with todays key change?

skeel
18th December, 2008, 12:33 AM
can anyone help i have downloaded file but still no joy i cant get the 1570 menu up to see if emu is on or off, can anyone give the links do i need another program to open downloaded file to open

manager
18th December, 2008, 11:10 PM
hi all away for a while just back s**rview 3 box not working downloaded firmware got rs232 cable fits into box but cannot find where it connects to on my pc have i the right cable anyhelp please thanks

chunder
19th December, 2008, 05:52 PM
Flashed a mate's SV 3 using excellent info on here. All worked a treat, even went to BICS and re-named appropriate numbered channels to S*t*nta - found two BICS numbers for each one, one of which worked and one which has no sound. Anyhoo, did the business, and tried to move the newly named cahnnels to Sport menu.

Lost both of the blinking things.:eek: Still, all's well that ends well. Simply re-flashed and now all OK. He can sort out the S*t*nta stuff hisself!

Thanks for all the excellent advice guys.

liverbird
19th December, 2008, 08:09 PM
going to sound completely tick but is there is an easy way of figuring out which box you have? not usre on how to update the new software onto the box, any help wouold be great thanks

chunder
19th December, 2008, 09:48 PM
going to sound completely tick but is there is an easy way of figuring out which box you have? not usre on how to update the new software onto the box, any help wouold be great thanks

liverbird, look for a thread entitled "WHICH STARVIEW DO YOU HAVE?", currently on page 5 of the Starview forum. It has pics of the different models. Kudos to daveyboy for that one.

riptide
20th December, 2008, 12:48 AM
My super box SV3 is APL ver: 8.OOe_E Boot ver 8.00 20.Jun.2008.

Rip

Callisto99
20th December, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hi,

How do I know what COM port to use and where can I get the bin file?

Thanks

bombayj
20th December, 2008, 03:32 PM
in ROI, hopin this works

slitheen
20th December, 2008, 09:07 PM
Hi,

How do I know what COM port to use and where can I get the bin file?

Thanks

Go into Control Panel on your PC, double click on 'System', click 'Hardware' tab, click 'Device Manager'. Look down the tree/list for 'Ports (COM & LPT)', open that section up by clicking the + sign, and your COM ports will be listed here, and they will also be showing what COM number has been assigned to the serial ports on your PC. If it or they (depending on how many serial ports you got) are assigned numbers between 1 and 4, you're good to go....you're ready to use the firmware fix ROM loader and you'll know which ports to try from the 1-4 selection.

If the COM port numbers assigned to your PC's serial ports are HIGHER than 1-4, you will have to change them. My two ports were originally COM 6 and COM 7, so the firmware loader couldn't see my box....I changed them to COM 1 and COM 2 and it worked a treat. To change them you do this:

Right click on the COM port in question back in device manager, select 'Properties', Select 'Port Settings, Select 'Advanced', and use the drop-down-box to select a number between 1 and 4 for each of your COM ports (each one different, of course). Click OK when you're done.

Now go and connect your box up with the serial null modem cable and try the firmware ROM loader again with the new numbers assigned to your COM ports. If you set them COM 1 and COM 2 for example....try them both, one will work (if you have two sockets it depends which serial socket you're plugged into... so you have to try both).

As regards the BIN file, if it is a Starview 3 (The Box Super), then you don't need a seperate BIN file....the ROM loader is an all-in-one fix. V8.02e (dated 30/11/2008) is what you want. Just connect up, put the box on standby, open the ROM loader, select your COM port...click 'download'. IMPORTANT...it will go from 0% to 100%, and then say it is 'writing data to the box' or something similar, THEN you get a 'Download Complete' pop-up when it is all done. ONLY THEN is it safe to disconnect your box. Do it before and you WILL doorstop your box.

But yeah, only Starview 1 and Starview 2 (The Box) need separate ROM loader and BIN files now. Starview 3 (The Box Super) has it all-in-one. Couldn't be easier.

Good luck.

chalky 4
21st December, 2008, 02:37 PM
A big THANK YOU to our site hosts and the technical wizards who have the answers. Have fixed 2 the box super 7 X 20 vent using p.c. vista o.s . and a starview 2 again with vista 7 X 25 vent. Main problem with the starview 2 was opening the download file . Have a good xmas and a prosperous new year.

LUBO
21st December, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hi all i finally managed to flash the firmware for my box super,followed the rest of the instructions to autoscan channels,exited all the way out but when back in menu it wont let me put1570 in.only 3 digits,am i doing wrong here,help would be appreciate,cheers.

oldie
22nd December, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hi all i finally managed to flash the firmware for my box super,followed the rest of the instructions to autoscan channels,exited all the way out but when back in menu it wont let me put1570 in.only 3 digits,am i doing wrong here,help would be appreciate,cheers.

Press menu, then 1570.

LUBO
22nd December, 2008, 04:56 PM
OLDIE.thanks mate i was trying to do it in the menu page lol,antway it all seems to be working fine now,cant tell you what a relief it is to have it all back on,i think its brilliant that you can get this kind of help on this and other forums,god bless you all and have a very merry christmas and a great new year to you all,cheers.

PAPA_JOHN
23rd December, 2008, 02:03 AM
Box arrived this morning...wired it up as per the instructions...did the update and hey presto.....it all works!!!

A million thanks for the advice and files!

This site & Community rocks!

:cheer:

stoot
23rd December, 2008, 06:17 PM
cant get box to accept flash just say s failed
help please

fakea48
23rd December, 2008, 06:23 PM
:stupido3:box just gone down(i have 8.02 firmware) anyone else, or is it me

grantrobertson
25th December, 2008, 11:16 AM
do you need to download the new update for starview 3 i downloaded the one a couple of weeks ago box still working fine

stblob
25th December, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Guy's
What does this new update do? I'm running on version 8.02e and all is OK!
Is there a new firmware that lets me watch me recent films as the ones on sky are starting to get a bit boring now:dontknow:

garr70
25th December, 2008, 10:28 PM
hi,
how do i connect to download tried gtrom and will not find port how do i configure port

jordanjoel
27th December, 2008, 11:42 AM
There are alot of very clever helpful people on this forum! But always try and help yourself before asking for it! You will learn alot more that way.
I have learnt loads in the last couple of months thanks to Satsmo, Devilfish and many many more.

ally786
27th December, 2008, 04:39 PM
i run sv3 on 8.02e its fine touch wood ,but new firmware out 8.04e ,I might need it when i watching footy,film etc.has anybody tried new f/ware.any problem let us know.
ally786

scott148
27th December, 2008, 06:07 PM
hi
bought usb rs323 cable of ebay (hl-340)disc did not work.
downloaded different drivers but still does not work.how do i fix this?
i have downloaded different drivers and gtgrom to my desktop but when i go to install the wizard cannot find the necersary software,canthis be fixed or do i need a new cable?

frazzeld
28th December, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hi Guy's....is there a change log for this new firmware?

the_chinman
29th December, 2008, 01:58 AM
updated, not noticed any differences yet. paramount comedy1+1 still has no sound.

stonner2306
30th December, 2008, 02:38 PM
hi all
can anyone help me i have 3 starview boxes that have all lost there ppv i have tried this update but just keeps returning flash update fail

any help welcome
thanks in advance

nasher07
30th December, 2008, 07:35 PM
how do i connet the sv3 to my laptop??

scott148
30th December, 2008, 07:40 PM
when i downloaded software the box stopped working .

there is no picture and the box itself has dl on it?

aja150855
3rd January, 2009, 11:32 PM
NTHell have done it again. I hope that 8.04e firmware works

auldduffer
9th January, 2009, 09:51 PM
Lovely job :-) Now, back to the.. er... "Art" channels :-)

roy47
10th January, 2009, 03:23 PM
Hi I downloaded the latest GTROM
GTRom_Super_8.04e.exe
for starview 3 super.
Ive re scanned all channels etc emu is on.
This was all done approx 2-3 weeks ago, however it has not updated itself with the latest codes which are showing last updated 9 th jan. All the channels are now scrambled again which means having to manually re - enter the latest codes. I was under the impression that flashing with the latest GT Rom would allow the box to auto update itself.

Thanks for any advice

satsmo
10th January, 2009, 06:56 PM
Press the default key in the CAS menu and exit to Sly Sports. It should update as all others have.

roy47
12th January, 2009, 02:58 AM
satsmo,
Many thanks for the info,much appriated.

roy47

redmel59
12th January, 2009, 11:40 AM
Always a great help on here ;0)

I'm still not getting ManU TV and Sultana Sports are on the BICS numbers, anyone else have the same problems.

When I try and go on ManU TV all the others lock and I have to re-boot?

Any suggestions welcome, altho it aint really a hardship :)

boomer39
12th January, 2009, 10:19 PM
Always a great help on here ;0)

I'm still not getting ManU TV and Sultana Sports are on the BICS numbers, anyone else have the same problems.

When I try and go on ManU TV all the others lock and I have to re-boot?

Any suggestions welcome, altho it aint really a hardship :)
try resetting factory default in cas menu,or try a rescan if you have not already done so.make sure emu is on in both cases
ynwa

slitheen
13th January, 2009, 02:31 AM
Can someone please tell me what the hell 8.04e firmware is for exactly....as I have 8.02e (30/11/08) on mine still and it is working fine. What exactly is the new fix supposed to fix? My box is obviously auto-updating as I'm watching Sky Sports on it....yet I've just come back from off holiday to find there is a new 8.04e firmware. What is the fix for? :/

Thanks.

martin-f
13th January, 2009, 02:40 AM
if it's not broke don't fix it m8

slitheen
13th January, 2009, 02:42 AM
if it's not broke don't fix it m8

Yes, thanks, I know that particular golden rule, but I'm still curious as to what the new fix is supposed to fix when the previous version is obviously still working.

martin-f
13th January, 2009, 02:56 AM
some areas can be different what works well in one area may not in another it's time to worry when we have no fix
enjoy m8

slitheen
13th January, 2009, 10:27 PM
some areas can be different what works well in one area may not in another it's time to worry when we have no fix
enjoy m8

You're probably correct, as it seems for many people 8.02e is still working...yet for others it isn't. I just thought it might address non critical issues that are not auto-update related (meaning I could have still benefited from 8.04e), but I will leave my box as it is for now.

martin-f
13th January, 2009, 10:47 PM
You're probably correct, as it seems for many people 8.02e is still working...yet for others it isn't. I just thought it might address non critical issues that are not auto-update related (meaning I could have still benefited from 8.04e), but I will leave my box as it is for now.

why do you ask the same question on all forums m8 i am getting fed up of answering you lol

boomer39
15th January, 2009, 12:12 PM
did not know that!!!!

tommie83
15th January, 2009, 11:13 PM
:questionmark:will this work for starview 3 boxes in ireland :questionmark:

satsmo
15th January, 2009, 11:20 PM
Yes it will.

PAPA_JOHN
17th January, 2009, 12:22 PM
Hi,

This new firmaware has been working a treat but about a week ago the program information and EPG have disappeared!

Any ideas on a solution for this?

Thanks

boomer39
17th January, 2009, 12:30 PM
had similar problem moths ago. does your remote turn off/on, mine didnt. switched box off/on at mains and all back to normal. hope this helps...ynwa

redmel59
19th January, 2009, 11:58 AM
try resetting factory default in cas menu,or try a rescan if you have not already done so.make sure emu is on in both cases
ynwa

YNWA ??? - can't take advise from a scouser ...:champions:

But seriously, re-scans never worked, but resetting in cas menu did!

Thanks pal :cheers:

overkilller
19th January, 2009, 06:05 PM
Hi Lads

Just wondering if this software will work as previous releases or If an uploader will be needed with the null modem cable.

Quick question also, do I need a different version of this software or do something with the starview 3 when using it in different areas of Ireland?

PAPA_JOHN
21st January, 2009, 01:56 AM
had similar problem moths ago. does your remote turn off/on, mine didnt. switched box off/on at mains and all back to normal. hope this helps...ynwa

Thanks...all sorted now!!

:elefant:

twitchmyers
23rd January, 2009, 06:06 PM
Many thanks for the update.

mcclurej
25th January, 2009, 10:47 PM
All channels now locked today 8.02e_E build?? removed all and rescanned. Only Free to Air channels available. 8.04 fix? Starview 3 box. Thanks.

cooldudesad74
26th January, 2009, 09:29 PM
Please give me permission to download the updated firmwire. I have update up to june 2008 and not able to see the channels for virgin in UK since 3 months.

666lucifer666
26th January, 2009, 09:45 PM
i have version 8.02e on starveiw 3 , why do i need to update the firmware to 8.04e when all is working ok ????????

boomer39
26th January, 2009, 10:50 PM
if its still ok, leave alone. believe 8.04e helps with audio description problems on certain channels,but not really certain. again if its not broken etc.....ynwa

Wale04
27th January, 2009, 05:29 PM
I upload the new firmw** 8.04e and my dead box is now up and running.

thanks guys for the good work.

:bath::smokin:

redmel59
30th January, 2009, 12:58 PM
Started having problems with 8.02 the other day so flashed to 8.04 all ok except ... NO Sly Spts1 (aaarrrggghhh) or I*V2

When I try Sly S1 it freezes and needs a reboot

Any suggestions you good folk ?
:)

whitehawk|
31st January, 2009, 01:07 PM
this has not worked for me :( when i hit download button it say download failed?

crative-2008
31st January, 2009, 02:28 PM
Appears to have sorted the audio description problems. Thanks a lot.

suj112
1st February, 2009, 09:11 PM
thanks mate!

Sabot191
4th February, 2009, 08:38 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - GTRom_Super_8.04e.exe (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/gtrom_super_8-04e-exe-498/)

The new firmware for starview 3!
Agggh it just keeps saying download failure agggh

SACViper
5th February, 2009, 08:40 PM
Mate i searching for it for months

00SHAZ00
5th February, 2009, 11:40 PM
cheers, will try it out

grimnar20
6th February, 2009, 02:17 PM
Please give me permission to download the updated firmwire. I have update up to june 2008 and not able to see the channels for virgin in UK since 3 months.

I really need to get permission to download the new software please let me

Lanxman
6th February, 2009, 02:20 PM
I really need to get permission to download the new software please let me

You have to make at least one post before being able to download anything. The best place to make your first post is in the intorduce yourself section. Now you have made a post you should be able to download, Welcome to the forum. :)

jackd
16th February, 2009, 12:46 AM
i have updated my box but it still wont find any chanels
also when i go into nagravision its on ntl but im on virmin so it
has to be on telepest
does any one know what is wrong with it

bigfella
16th February, 2009, 01:09 AM
i have updated my box but it still wont find any chanels
also when i go into nagravision its on ntl but im on virmin so it
has to be on telepest
does any one know what is wrong with it

firstly goto menu ..goto system set up...goto system infor...shud tell u wat firm ware is flashed to ur box ....see if u have had a successful flash if it says 8.04e,,it s ok....second try a autoscan.....if u r in the ntl area try ntl autoscan,,,,wait and see if any free view channels cum up....if they do put 1570 on remote to open secret cas menu ..turn emu on and press default,,,,exit 3 times to sly sports and wait for updateand everything shud b ok .......if u cant get the free view channels under ntl ..try a autoscan under telewest.....try the providers until u get the freeview channels ,,,when u do ..remember to turn the emu on to access the dollar chennels ..hope this helps ..bigfella:party ::party ::party ::party :

boomer39
16th February, 2009, 11:55 AM
hi, i,m in an xnthell area but have to scan on tpest or x c/w. both work fine. there is no vermin listed thank god..ynwa

jackd
17th February, 2009, 02:46 PM
firstly goto menu ..goto system set up...goto system infor...shud tell u wat firm ware is flashed to ur box ....see if u have had a successful flash if it says 8.04e,,it s ok....second try a autoscan.....if u r in the ntl area try ntl autoscan,,,,wait and see if any free view channels cum up....if they do put 1570 on remote to open secret cas menu ..turn emu on and press default,,,,exit 3 times to sly sports and wait for updateand everything shud b ok .......if u cant get the free view channels under ntl ..try a autoscan under telewest.....try the providers until u get the freeview channels ,,,when u do ..remember to turn the emu on to access the dollar chennels ..hope this helps ..bigfella:party ::party ::party ::party :

i have done that but now some times it will find the chanels and it will come on 4 a few minutes and then it will say scrambled chanel even on bbc 1. so i scan it again then it wont find any chanels. if its any help im in liverpool city center

boomer39
17th February, 2009, 04:40 PM
what does your system info say.? asking cos want to make sure you have correct f/m installed.ynwa

jackd
17th February, 2009, 06:13 PM
what does your system info say.? asking cos want to make sure you have correct f/m installed.ynwa
ive got 8.04e instaled

boomer39
17th February, 2009, 09:48 PM
ok, try emu, default, exit x3 to sly1 etc.ynwa

bulletproofJ
18th February, 2009, 04:11 PM
What cable do i need to use?