PDA

View Full Version : New cards arriving in Bristol...

john8867
29th July, 2010, 07:59 PM
Got a new card this morning.

Can't complain after a good run but woz hoping to get a few matches in before it all ended!

There can't be many places left to go now?

boomer39
29th July, 2010, 10:22 PM
Got a new card this morning.

Can't complain after a good run but woz hoping to get a few matches in before it all ended!

There can't be many places left to go now?
but have you lost any channels yet?????

john8867
30th July, 2010, 06:00 PM
Not yet mate, it looks like it takes 2 or 3 weeks after new cards before everything goes dead...

mark8393
30th July, 2010, 06:12 PM
Not yet mate, it looks like it takes 2 or 3 weeks after new cards before everything goes dead...

that means gloucester wont be long. thank ~~~~ for that, this has been dragging on too long, time to move on with replacements

john8867
30th July, 2010, 08:25 PM
Haha, yeah know wot u mean mate!

I was seriously thinking of a sat system but live in a flat so not easy. Signed up for the VM XL package, ?32 a month...

HD chans are fantastic i have to say. But extra for the footie does make it expensive...

What u gonna do now then?

mark8393
30th July, 2010, 11:05 PM
Haha, yeah know wot u mean mate!

I was seriously thinking of a sat system but live in a flat so not easy. Signed up for the VM XL package, ?32 a month...

HD chans are fantastic i have to say. But extra for the footie does make it expensive...

What u gonna do now then?

sat cs mate, already to go, will do rewire this weekend. cant you have a fixed dish on your flat?

got a few customers in bristol, 2 work for vermin, they are going to be busy fitting dishes, going to look odd when they turn up in works van.

owenb
30th July, 2010, 11:09 PM
im in glos is it worth me buing a starview hd combo once it gets changed to nag3?

mark8393
30th July, 2010, 11:57 PM
im in glos is it worth me buing a starview hd combo once it gets changed to nag3?

im in gloucester, and to be honest, once cable goes, only half the box will work. if you have sat dish, or can put one up, go with linux box to get what you want, i have sold a few combos locally, i can see issues with these, non linux dont work well with what your after.

owenb
31st July, 2010, 09:07 AM
is the lan port not useful wihen used with a carling image ( sorry not sure if we can discuss this )

john8867
31st July, 2010, 09:36 AM
Did think long and hard about a sat system but read that u really need a 1 mtr motorized to get the best out of it.

Am gonna try streaming footie from the pc to the telly but think quality might be pants.

boomer39
31st July, 2010, 09:50 AM
Did think long and hard about a sat system but read that u really need a 1 mtr motorized to get the best out of it.

Am gonna try streaming footie from the pc to the telly but think quality might be pants.
had my card for 9 weeks, still all on.
pc is not a bad substitute tho'. can be a bit iffy at times but theres loads of different streams etc,,,

john8867
31st July, 2010, 12:50 PM
9 weeks - wow, might get a few matches afterall!

Am off to Maplins later to get a cable to connect my graphics card to the telly. A guy put up a great link on the forum that streams S1 + S2, gotta be worth a try