PDA

View Full Version : Newbie need help setting up motorized dish

zander1
29th July, 2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Guys new to the sat scene and looking for a wee bit of advice. Any way i just bought a diseqc motor and a 1 meter dish and not to sure how to set it up.
I know i set the motor elevation to my Latitude but then it say to set my declination angle on my dish and to look at the angle chart that came with book.
When i look at this it says my declination angle is 7.8 but next to this on the angle chart it says dish bracket angle is 27.2 .So am not sure if I should set dish angle to 7.8 or 27.2.

mdt
30th July, 2010, 12:39 AM
Hi Guys new to the sat scene and looking for a wee bit of advice. Any way i just bought a diseqc motor and a 1 meter dish and not to sure how to set it up.
I know i set the motor elevation to my Latitude but then it say to set my declination angle on my dish and to look at the angle chart that came with book.
When i look at this it says my declination angle is 7.8 but next to this on the angle chart it says dish bracket angle is 27.2 .So am not sure if I should set dish angle to 7.8 or 27.2.

take no notice of the scale on the dish as most are not calibrated anyway. make sure your mounting pole is 100% plumb and your motor longitude is set to your area and the dish is central on the motor spiggot (pole). once these are correct you can ajust the motor left/right and the dish up/down for the best signal on thor@1west. regards mdt