PDA

View Full Version : "tablet pc" realy got me stuck

tommy2426
30th July, 2010, 09:08 PM
hi folks, have a problem with an "HP Tablet PCtX1100", im usually not to bad when it comes to fixing/reforatting pc's but this little thing is doing my head in, its an old council edition, and no matter what i do it always wants the user password/name. Been into bios but still cant find a solution, i was thinking of reformating the whole thing, but as its not dvd drive i'd probably need to do it through a usb stick, thing is if i reformat, say for instance, xp pro would i lose the tablet functions, ie pen etc, trying to get this working for my boy for about a week know, any help would be much appreciated, cheers

manxspud
31st July, 2010, 05:11 AM
Boot into safe mode (normally f8) you should now be able to access the main admin account. Go to user accounts and reset / delete the password for the account you require.

The main admin account is created when xp is installed and normally the password is left blank.

@manx

tommy2426
31st July, 2010, 01:49 PM
ok manxspud (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/62099-manxspud/), i'll give it a go, but it keeps asking for the council domain, which of course is now dormant, i do have a t-mobile slotin wifi thingy, but that i suppose will be well out of use by now, so if i do get it running i could just use my router to connect, hopefully, as i say its just not letting me access a thing, but i'll let u know if i get by using ur method, thanks again,
tommy