PDA

View Full Version : Info need on these Kryptview boxes!

toe471
31st July, 2010, 05:43 PM
Hi Guys

Ive had a eurovox for some time now and box itself has been good but very buggy.

N3 is gonna be hitting most areas of lancashire soon as we have had new cards so therefore im looking into buying this new set top box (Kryptview a780).

I would really appreciate it if i could spk to some1 who has already got this box to see how it is. I would like to know, when you buy the box, do u have to pay monthly for it with it being setup via the net? whats the picture qaulity like? can we get most of the channels, i.e sly sports, movies, esnp? etc...

Tony

wilf
31st July, 2010, 06:14 PM
welcome to dk toe, there is no monthly fee to pay only the cost of box. picture quality is very good and with very little feeze, you can get all the channels that you have before, but as it being connected to a server there is the odd blip on the system so to speak. so you may switch on and find a channel showing waiting for codes and then it will just open and away it goes again, but this happens very little so on the whole it works most of the time. now the sticky bit is how long do you think its going to last, if you got 6 months happy days! if you only got a few weeeks you would be peeved, its a gamble mate.

toe471
31st July, 2010, 06:57 PM
thanks for the reply wilf!!!

Yeah they sound awesome, wats the connection set-up tho? do we still need to plug into cable and lan or is it just lan?

I will get one of these boxes if they are watchable, i was worried about them being blotchy and that with it going through internet. How long they suppose to last?

I was reading up on the starview 6 but a few said they are crap, kryptview all the way!

Can you reccomemd another better box???

cactikid
1st August, 2010, 12:06 AM
no ,lol,if you have a cable package and internet you should be ok but if you just have bb signal will be low causing freezing and blocky.

jumpinjo
1st August, 2010, 10:12 AM
but if you just have bb signal will be low causing freezing and blocky.

maybe at your end bud but no probs here with peeps just on bb

desi112
1st August, 2010, 01:23 PM
are peeps using VM BB with this?

DW190
1st August, 2010, 05:14 PM
are peeps using VM BB with this?

Yep and works a treat.

cactikid
1st August, 2010, 05:25 PM
some areas have a weaker bb signal as people have posted problems and using splitters,as i dont have any box and in irl so different problem,i would still say a good buy box.

toe471
1st August, 2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the good advice guys

I just have broadband through virmin at the moment but no cable tv, so therefore if i get one of the kryptview a780 boxes basically i plug into virmin line and plug into braodband and we are up and running??

I was worried about buying a box and then it would be no good:banghead:

DW190
1st August, 2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the good advice guys

I just have broadband through virmin at the moment but no cable tv, so therefore if i get one of the kryptview a780 boxes basically i plug into virmin line and plug into braodband and we are up and running??:

You hit the nail on the head.

I was worried about buying a box and then it would be no good:banghead:

So no need to bang your head against the wall.

cactikid
1st August, 2010, 08:58 PM
the box will work but it may have a lower signal as bb is lower than what you get with a cable package,the only way is to try it and see,some have no problem using it.

toe471
1st August, 2010, 09:44 PM
Is there another road to take other than this one? with virmin going oner to n3 it maybe a good idea to try something else?

Some1 mentioned satellite cam cards, ive not really done my homework on this issue but i take it u have to pay up a bit for it though? Any1 no about this??

middots3
1st August, 2010, 10:33 PM
Is there anywhere to get this box abit cheaper?
I've been looking around and can only see them going for ?100+ usually.

cactikid
1st August, 2010, 11:03 PM
very popular the kv 780

mickarick
2nd August, 2010, 03:53 PM
Would i have to wait till my area goes N3 or could i get the box up and running before it goes N3 thanks .

wilf
2nd August, 2010, 03:55 PM
no need to wait it will work now if you wanted it to

mickarick
2nd August, 2010, 04:32 PM
no need to wait it will work now if you wanted it to

jumpinjo
2nd August, 2010, 04:42 PM
Would i have to wait till my area goes N3 or could i get the box up and running before it goes N3 thanks .

you dont have to wait bud and can be up and running straight away and you wont notice switch off :canabis:

mickarick
2nd August, 2010, 04:45 PM
you dont have to wait bud and can be up and running straight away and you wont notice switch off :canabis:
Great news cheers m8s :smokin:

toe471
2nd August, 2010, 07:09 PM
Hey mickarick?

Have you found any where on the net who sells this a780 for a good price and reliable?

fleabay do them but you dont know if your buying crap or not and also some are hard to get hold of if they go wrong?

mickarick
2nd August, 2010, 07:14 PM
Sent you a pm Toe

mickarick
2nd August, 2010, 07:17 PM
Ok when i download the latest firmware fot the KV780A it its a VLC media player file ? is that correct ? im a little confused at the min when i open it there are a load of files any help would be greatfull thanks .

toe471
2nd August, 2010, 07:29 PM
think i can help you here mickarick?

I have flashed boxes before now and yes they are .bin files the reason vlc is putting its name to it as its probably a listed file under vlc, its nothing to worry about, just go ahead and get flashing! lol

mickarick
2nd August, 2010, 08:01 PM
Im missing something here lol , ok i download the bin file its a VLC file now when i open it the VLC player opens up and thats it when i try to locate the file useing the loader it doesnt see it , its me i know its me but where am i going wrong please .
Ignore this ive sorted it thanks

cactikid
2nd August, 2010, 08:55 PM
i have been told the 780 only works on n3 as there is no file for n1.

DW190
2nd August, 2010, 09:22 PM
i have been told the 780 only works on n3 as there is no file for n1.

Sort of correct.

If new cards have been sent out both n1 & n3 will be in the stream until n1 is switched off. Up until then both old and new will work.

Areas that have not had any cards sent may still only have n1.

cactikid
2nd August, 2010, 09:32 PM
yes was going to edit and add that bit lol,one way of knowing if he does not get all channels working,only n3 channels will work.

toe471
3rd August, 2010, 05:39 PM
Would appreciate it guys if some1 who already has this box could tell me if it works in the blackpool area, its rolling over to n3 here very soon you see??

What channels do we get with the a780 box? is it the full lot or are they limited???

jumpinjo
3rd August, 2010, 05:49 PM
will work any area and you get the lot :party ::canabis:

teds
3rd August, 2010, 07:56 PM
welcome to dk toe, there is no monthly fee to pay only the cost of box. picture quality is very good and with very little feeze, you can get all the channels that you have before, but as it being connected to a server there is the odd blip on the system so to speak. so you may switch on and find a channel showing waiting for codes and then it will just open and away it goes again, but this happens very little so on the whole it works most of the time. now the sticky bit is how long do you think its going to last, if you got 6 months happy days! if you only got a few weeeks you would be peeved, its a gamble mate.
good post wilf,might just go for this box.

EVERS666
3rd August, 2010, 08:22 PM
is it true you can be tracked using one of these boxes via your ip address? if so would a vpn server help or would this extra box be a waste of cash? am highly thinking of getting one of these boxes but would like to know all the floors first to c if its worth the gamble.
another thing because N3 has hit now and all other users of the eurovox would like a fix, could this box go down like the eurovox? or is it totally different means it uses the web to get the codes? thanx

mickarick
3rd August, 2010, 08:27 PM
is it true you can be tracked using one of these boxes via your ip address? if so would a vpn server help or would this extra box be a waste of cash? am highly thinking of getting one of these boxes but would like to know all the floors first to c if its worth the gamble.
another thing because N3 has hit now and all other users of the eurovox would like a fix, could this box go down like the eurovox? or is it totally different means it uses the web to get the codes? thanx

I understand it uses vpn so no worries there , it wont go down in the same way as the eurovox, servers are used these can get a bit wobbly at times but looked after should be ok , its the only way round N3 but yes its a gamble and its up to you if you want it or not .

Satguy Keano
3rd August, 2010, 08:29 PM
The problem with VPN is that server and client need to be running it. AFAIK kryptview are not using VPN.

Can you get traced ? yes you can it all depends if VM can be bothered to spend time and money do it.
What I will say is that over in Greece a sat tv company called Nova have tracked down loads of people c/sing their viewing cards.
I'm not 100% clear on the law here, I know it changed a couple of months ago so ISP's could track you downloading from share site and the warn you and then if you did it again you would be cut off.

EVERS666
3rd August, 2010, 08:36 PM
what's the best site to get one of these boxes from?

DW190
3rd August, 2010, 08:57 PM
The problem with VPN is that server and client need to be running it. AFAIK kryptview are not using VPN.

What would be the source of that information?

Satguy Keano
4th August, 2010, 07:46 PM
What would be the source of that information?

In the same breath where does it say that they are using VPN ?

It would mean the software on the box is already setup to work with VPN.
It would be nice if some from Kryptview actually confirm that their boxes are on a private network, if they are then I might consider one but at the moment there is not a cat in hells chance I am putting one of these on my VM network.

DW190
5th August, 2010, 01:44 AM
In the same breath where does it say that they are using VPN ?

It would mean the software on the box is already setup to work with VPN.
It would be nice if some from Kryptview actually confirm that their boxes are on a private network, if they are then I might consider one but at the moment there is not a cat in hells chance I am putting one of these on my VM network.

When I spoke to the importer at length some months ago VPN was mentioned and Data Protection.

Knocking on your door and claiming to know you are connecting to a certain servers IP addy would be a serious breach of the D.P.A. Possibly leading to a claim.

First the server would have to be found in this big world of ours.

There are lots of pros and cons which could lead to many BB & Phone customers going elsewhere.

Tom & Jerry are still playing cat n mouse and have been for decades

riprip25
8th August, 2010, 12:57 AM
I agree....chnaces of being caught are very little.

If you are not with vermin then they would have to apply to other ISPs which woud not be willing to play ball.

robmac33
8th August, 2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone know of a good place to buy these box's where the price is reasonable and seller reliable

ashfinch
19th August, 2010, 10:03 PM
im also considering one of these boxes... i have the basic vermin package so would be running it on this... am i running a risk of being caught (so to speak) if i do? and again... wheres the best place to get a 780 from? not finding many shops with stock. thanks in advance

jumpinjo
19th August, 2010, 10:23 PM
im also considering one of these boxes...

yes bud so are plenty others, there like rocking horse $hit to get

trevor1969
26th August, 2010, 07:18 PM
i am after either sv6 or krypt i am just worried that i have read peeps saying they would not use vm bb to get it as i have vm bb i am concerned as to what they meen ,i do know a m8 that as 1 a sv6 who is on vm and it works well all though every now and then it comes up scrabbled channel so im not sure as to how good they are ,the krypt as always had better support ,i loved all the svs i have had ,i just wonder how easy the krypt lan is to set up

cactikid
26th August, 2010, 09:18 PM
very easy buy,flash,scan and reboot both units,easy to follow tuts in downloads.

madmuz1979
28th August, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi Guys just jumping in on this conversation here and wanted to know if the a780 is the one which works with all this or could i go for dw800 which is HD and im a fanatic when it comes to clear picture?

could i still do the same process with the hd box?

plus my eurovox is still showing some channels so im expecting the rest to go soon

flattopguy
29th August, 2010, 01:04 PM
dw 800 is dead ,anyone know if the kv team are working on a fix for this box

DW190
29th August, 2010, 05:36 PM
dw 800 is dead ,anyone know if the kv team are working on a fix for this box

Noop.

Cant get the code from the manufacturer because there was only a small amount made. Also would be to pricey when you consider there is always a risk of losing the channs.

jn04ble
9th September, 2010, 07:07 PM
I've had a starview box for a while but just been hit by N3! Looking to get the a780 box after reading this thread. I dont have VM basic package but still getting live feed, would i be able to use my bt bb as well??

ShpideyMann
9th September, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys. I've currently got a Starview which I use with a basic TV/Phone package. I have been sent a new card by Virmin so I guess my days of viewing Sly Sports etc are numbered. I don't subscribe to bb from Virmin - my ISP is Taktalk.

My question is: Does the Kv get it's video signal via bb or cable? In other words, will it need to be connected to both the bb (via the 9 pin serial port) and cable?

I'm thinking it uses the bb connection purely for decrypt data and the (encrypted) video is actually fed from the cable. Is that correct?

Thanks guys - appreciate a really good forum!

barrowmanandrew
9th September, 2010, 09:33 PM
I've had a starview box for a while but just been hit by N3! Looking to get the a780 box after reading this thread. I dont have VM basic package but still getting live feed, would i be able to use my bt bb as well??
yes m8, that will work fine